Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Conner Kent/Kon-El/Superboy Appreciation 2022

Happy 2022 Kon fans!

2021 was a bit of a mixed bag for Conner. On one hand he still showed up in two high profile outside adaptions: The Titans HBO Max show and the YJ animated show. Unfortunately Titans had him basically playing sidekick to Dick Grayson (along with the rest of the Titans to be fair) and YJ seemingly “killed” him off in the first arc. Ending of the current Zatanna arc teased that Conner might still be alive, just trapped in the Phantom Zone, but we’ll have to wait and see. I would love a Conner YJ arc set in the PZ so if that is actually what happens then I’ll be happy, long as he isn’t dead.

Comics-wise it’s been slim pickings. He’s cameod in Suicide Squad, where his old foe Match is one of the main Squaddies, but otherwise he hasn’t been a main player in anything. He’s in Titans United which is out of continuity but he’s been brainwashed into being a bad guy there. He’s set to play a role in the upcoming “War for Earth 3” crossover, which will hopefully give him an ongoing spot either on a team or a book of his own spinning out of that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Happy New Year to the Metropolis Kid and his fans .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Gotta say, I am interested in where Conner's arc is going. He sure is experiencing the Fantastic of DC from New Gods to Legion(hopefully).
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Gotta say, I am interested in where Conner's arc is going. He sure is experiencing the Fantastic of DC from New Gods to Legion(hopefully).
    If we’re actually getting an arc of Conner trapped in the PZ I’m all for it. Would love to see the show’s take on Zod (seeing Aethyr and Xa-Du would be cool as well but I don’t expect it). Conner has always had strong ties to the Kirby sections of the DCU given his creation by Cadmus.

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Is this fanart?

Still not a fan of this look completely. I like the fingerless gloves and the short sleeve shirt, but the rest is no where near as good as the original, not even close. I would go with a modified titans of tomorrow or YJ show season 2 look for him Imo.

If we’re actually getting an arc of Conner trapped in the PZ I’m all for it. Would love to see the show’s take on Zod (seeing Aethyr and Xa-Du would be cool as well but I don’t expect it). Conner has always had strong ties to the Kirby sections of the DCU given his creation by Cadmus.
    Maybe they'll make Zod Kryptonian Vandal Savage. Superman won't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Superman doesn't really stand a chance against zod, isn't he just as powerful, but a trained fighter, bloodthirsty, smart tactician, and doesnt he have a army on a planet he took over?

Conner, if anything has always been about fighting a uphill battle, so meeting any kryptonians in there will be a massive amount of trouble for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would unironically love that lol. Chances of it happening are pretty slim however, but I’d love to see a take on Zod that put more emphasis on his intelligence. They could also play up Conner having some of the Luthor intellect to counter that!

Would unironically love that lol. Chances of it happening are pretty slim however, but I’d love to see a take on Zod that put more emphasis on his intelligence. They could also play up Conner having some of the Luthor intellect to counter that!
    Honestly, has that come up before? I think they may have mentioned it last season but he's never really been depicted as Luthor-smart on the show (then again, if he was, they'd probably beat the Light more).
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Superman doesn't really stand a chance against zod, isn't he just as powerful, but a trained fighter, bloodthirsty, smart tactician, and doesnt he have a army on a planet he took over?

Conner, if anything has always been about fighting a uphill battle, so meeting any kryptonians in there will be a massive amount of trouble for him.
    I think what gives Superman an edge is that he always has more experience with his powers and is more creative than Zod is.

God this near death or death of conner might be the perfect opportunity to bring him back "fully formed". As in aging, kryptonian full powered, tactile telekinesis,and epigentic memory, for abilities, wearing a black leather jacket as his version of a cape, embracing his being a hero, and loving it