Page 68 of 111 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Last I checked this mini ranked 92 out of the top 100. 67, 72, then 92. I hope they're keeping an eye on this. I don't want these characterizations to inform future writers. This needs to be quickly forgotten. While Johns can hopefully continue to champion Conner, the others I pray can bounce from this.
    Next issue will be out of the top 100 for sure. Conner’s got the Action Superfamily teamup and the Porter mini, I’m not worried about him, hell Bart should be fine too since I doubt Adams cares what Fitzmartin is doing with him, Tim is screwed though but I don’t care about him at all lol. As a whole Dark Crisis doesn’t seem like it’s going to matter in any way except the “infinite Multiverse” being back again and maybe a couple of the FS Leaguers will get to continue on. The teases for New Dawn makes it seem like we’re headed back to a more conservative status quo after the failure of Infinite Frontier.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Wish they labled the Titans from above from Earth T.

Mighty Member

For Kon fans I hate to tell you how Dark Crisis YJ makes him into some ego centric whiny person who never got over his death and is salty for people allegedly forgetting him/caring about it (when they did and even in said series told him). I'd say it's regression but Kon has NEVRR acted like this even at his most immature.

I dropped it after the last issue, I was originally reading it because I thought it might “matter”, but that seems unlikely at this point. If anything major does happen I wager I’ll hear about it, but otherwise I plan on just ignoring that book. Did anyone read the new Titans book with Conner in it which came out today? I tried the last two minis but found them mediocre, this one seems to be reviewing in the same range.

YJDC kon gets written so far out of character,and about things that don't matter anymore.I'm pretty sure Fitzmartin read a tip 10 list for Conner and based everything she knows about him on just that .

I'm pretty sure she just wrote the kon and Tim arguement solely for you timkon tumblr/Twitter fans ,I can see her using it to turn Conner before the mini is over,do it before his Round Robin mini comes out so it's locked in.

This writer doesn't give 2 shits about Conner ,actually about any character ,all she cares about is her agenda for those characters ,writers like her shouldn't be on books that aren't her own creations .

Oh and the art wasn't bad,but kon was not in his original suit when he died ,his statue was of him in his t-shirt and jeans,plus I'm getting really really tired of seeing Conner in those Lil booties ,can she not look up what his boots looked like,it takes 2 seconds .
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The titans united story was of course better than whatever crap the YJDC book was ,but it wasn't all that great either.maybe it's how he wrote it out or maybe it was the artwork ,but it was kinda blah.

I see where they are going with this and I hope Scott can pull this off,cause I'm not really looking forward to Tim being THE character,and everyone else "doing things" he has to deal with.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

This was not Conner. I don't know who this guy is but it isn't him. He's a whiney self centered piece of shit who can't get over his death. No heroic qualities to speak of. It's the same with depictions of him on tumblr, fan fiction sites, and Twitter. He's and idiotic himbo who's only purpose is to service Tim with no agency of his own. These are not Conner Kent fans and I can't believe one of them got to write this shit.

This was not Conner. I don't know who this guy is but it isn't him. He's a whiney self centered piece of shit who can't get over his death. No heroic qualities to speak of. It's the same with depictions of him on tumblr, fan fiction sites, and Twitter. He's and idiotic himbo who's only purpose is to service Tim with no agency of his own. These are not Conner Kent fans and I can't believe one of them got to write this shit.
    That’s always the fanon take on the Supers in relation to the Bats. The Bats are the MC of the DCU and everyone else is their wacky sidekicks/boyfriends/girlfriends. It’s why I’m opposed to strong ties between the two and would prefer the Supers focus on building up their corner to stand alone. Least the upcoming Conner mini won’t have Tim in it aside from a brief cameo apparently. At this point I’m just over Fitzmartin, her mini is bad but I suspect it will also be irrelevant. Only 2 issues left and nothing worthwhile has happened, I don’t expect those last two issues to play out any different.

I'm a TimxCon shipper, but I like Conner more than Tim. I like Tim too, but I definitely don't see Kon as just a prop for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s always the fanon take on the Supers in relation to the Bats. The Bats are the MC of the DCU and everyone else is their wacky sidekicks/boyfriends/girlfriends. It’s why I’m opposed to strong ties between the two and would prefer the Supers focus on building up their corner to stand alone. Least the upcoming Conner mini won’t have Tim in it aside from a brief cameo apparently. At this point I’m just over Fitzmartin, her mini is bad but I suspect it will also be irrelevant. Only 2 issues left and nothing worthwhile has happened, I don’t expect those last two issues to play out any different.
    You're right. I can't stand that balance of power. I'm one of the few Conner x Cassandra Cain fans. Still love the two but for the sake of the Super Family I'm ok with it not being canon. I want the Super Family completely divorced from the Bat Family. Their only purpose it seems is to make the Bat characters appear cooler since they have them in their back pocket;perpetuating the Flanderization of the relationship dynamics. At this point they're no longer characters just an extension of their utility belts and act as walking plot devices and flatterers

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm a TimxCon shipper, but I like Conner more than Tim. I like Tim too, but I definitely don't see Kon as just a prop for him.
    That may be the case for you but everywhere I look on those sites Conner is almost only mentioned in reference to Tim. He is nothing more than a prop and personal lapdog. As a massive Kon fan it's infuriating.

That may be the case for you but everywhere I look on those sites Conner is almost only mentioned in reference to Tim. He is nothing more than a prop and personal lapdog. As a massive Kon fan it's infuriating.
    Dunno where you're looking but there's a hefty amount of "Tim is a prop for Kon, the helpless human the super must save and/or drag out to be social and not just overwork himself to death in a cave". In general the other way around will just be a little more prevalent due to how bat stuff and thus batfans tend to dominate spaces though.

That aside, its hardly something unique to Tim and Kon...or Bats and Supers at all.
    Its a common fandom thing when it comes to writing pairings in general, as annoying as it is. Goes beyond even comics into anime, video game, TV, and movie fandoms as well. Fans will pick one half of the pairing and focus mostly on that character, the other one ending up as more a prop intentionally or not. Sometimes it happens in the source material as well which causes it faster in the fandom.
    Last edited by scourge; 09-21-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Amazing Member

One thing that I do love is that Bart’s maturity makes sense as he spent time as an adult more than any of them. However that’s where it ends. Conner/Cassie was organic and not shoehorned. There is a way to make Kon/Tim a thing, but not like the Iceman retcon. barts like about “ all you two do is think about each other. I wonder how Cassie feels.”, is not something Bart would say, but definitely from the writer. I fear with Fitzmartin writing Tim’s ongoing we will continue to see this mischaracterization.

Agree with 13th Superman and others here ,I'm getting tired of the shit kon and kon fans have to put up with cause DC are a bunch of kiss ass wannabes .

Conner is to good for all that .

BTW I liked kon with Cassie,but also Megan on YJ and him and black fire on Titans felt like a more adult version of his relationship with tana.

I personally would keep him away from all the relationship stuff and focus on building him up just him .
    Last edited by SuperX; 09-22-2022 at 03:47 AM.