Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of M’gann I need her to fry her shithead brother’s brain at this point.
    Yeah, I am so over Malefak at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I am so over Malefak at this point.
    Even more than Dru potentially killing Kal before the two get to interact much, I’m really bummed we likely won’t get much interaction between Kon and Lor. Lor is such a delightful bastard in this show, he’s very entertaining despite being unrepentantly evil as seen with him taunting the son of the GL he killed. Could get a lot of mileage out of Kon and Lor clashing, they’re both sons of major Superman Rogues, Kon and Dru have grown close while I think Dru isn’t going to like Future Lor, but I expect Future Lor will die and Present Lor will be an opponent for Jon if he plays a role in the future. Pity because Kon doesn’t even know Lor at all whereas Lor sees Kon as his nemesis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Even more than Dru potentially killing Kal before the two get to interact much, I’m really bummed we likely won’t get much interaction between Kon and Lor. Lor is such a delightful bastard in this show, he’s very entertaining despite being unrepentantly evil as seen with him taunting the son of the GL he killed. Could get a lot of mileage out of Kon and Lor clashing, they’re both sons of major Superman Rogues, Kon and Dru have grown close while I think Dru isn’t going to like Future Lor, but I expect Future Lor will die and Present Lor will be an opponent for Jon if he plays a role in the future. Pity because Kon doesn’t even know Lor at all whereas Lor sees Kon as his nemesis.
    We didn't even get to see Lor react to the fact that his plan to kill Superboy didn't even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're so right!

And this may be a long shot, but suppose Conner doesn't fully come back mentally? I mean, that's always the common thread with the New God tech fusing, isn't it? Father Box threated to take over Cyborg, and Mother Box was reborn as a new being mentally. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that Conner in his compromised mental state would not fully get everything about him back?

That was very much the New 52 Superboy's deal. Honestly, his fight here against The Team is almost a homage to his time with Nowhere.

This may mean that Clark lives through this after all. The loss that would keep this whole arc from being cheapened would be that MM gets Conner back physically, but not completely mentally.

I'm bumping up the chances of this happening now thanks to this observation.
    Connor coming back with some mental health problems feels fitting for this season's focus.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Connor coming back with some mental health problems feels fitting for this season's focus.
    He and Beast Boy will definitely be in therapy together
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He and Beast Boy will definitely be in therapy together
    Black Canary is going to be really busy...

damn this is looking bad.

Conner Is close to death, but maybe his PZ flu will go away now thst he is free of it.
    thst is a plus,course if he does because of his injuries than it'll be for nothing.

Lor is a evil evil boy, and should stay that way lol.

So if lor and dry get along then who is gonna save the heroes? both sides of the portal has them on the ropes.

Don't think superman is gonna die, don't think he needs to, this story is kons, not his.

sucks to be Danny chase or a fan of Danny chase.

So in my opinion there is no doubt and there shouldn't be with any of you thst Conner survives, thsts the main takeaway.

But how does he get saved is the question.his injuries are massive and even got worse in the PZ with thst monster, do he is a goner if something doesn't happen and quick.

I don't like the idea of conner having a half Cyborg face and body, that does not scream kon/conner at all, so I don't want to see it.Now if they put him in the Tron suit and give him the telekinesis thst comes with the kaiser thrall thing then we might be going somewhere SB fans might be ok with

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I doubt the Kraizer-Thrall would give him TK. If it's going to give him anything it'll be that omega beam looking thing. Which would make sense given all of the New God connections to Superboy they've been making.

He'd likely not grow any stronger physically or even gain the power to fly, but that omega beam thing is one of the most power attacks we've seen on the show so far, so it wouldn't be anything to scoff at. It would also clearly be his version of heat vision.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I don’t think he’ll “look” like Henshaw does with the cyborg augmentations but I do think Conner will be healed by either a Motherbox or a Fatherbox and that will change his biology to allow him to age. Potentially might make him more powerful, at least on par with a full Kryptonian so he can fight Zod if Zod is going to be a major player going forward. Sure looks like they’re setting up the Kryptonians to be their own faction in the next season if there is one given Zod saying there’s more of them than just the ones we saw.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The thing is, the aging has only been an issue for fans. Conner doesn't actually care at this point in the story, so "fixing" it seems like fixing something that isn't broken.

I distinctly remember when asked about why Conner was so "defective" in so many ways, and if The Light thought of him as a "failure", the creator himself said "who said they ever saw their creation as a failure". This implied that from the weaker powers to the stalled outward aging (remember he still ages perfectly fine internally, so one day he'll die from old age as befits a Kryptonian), this was all fine with The Light if not totally according to plan.

And if he's already made with New God tech in mind given how Sphere reacted to him, then I don't see why "fixing" his outward aging would happen if he were to be fused with New God tech. Again, he's already aging internally.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I agree that it wouldn’t be something Conner himself particularly desires, but unlocking the full Kryptonian power set and letting him age so that he can take over for Clark as Superman makes sense to me. He was happy as he was but now he may be forced into becoming something he lost the desire to be, instead of getting to be his own man like he was planning. Basically as he is right now, Conner had reached the natural endpoint of his growth, but now a whole new status quo is being forced upon him to make him have to deal with a bunch of external (Zod and the Kryptonians being out there) and internal (Clark dying/retiring, Conner starting to age and getting more powerful, having to step up as Superman) issues that offer new opportunities for growth. This is all assuming Kal actually dies and Kon doesn’t, and Kon takes over of course.

a age up doesn't matter to me for 2 reasons. 1 being,I know him and like him better this way, and 2 thst he ages internally, so he "should" grow in power, even if he doesn't get older looking.so "if" him. being a half kryptonian(on the show) was ever going to get more kryptonian powers then he still could get them(not holding breath on that one).

Now the kaizer thrall has multi dimensional, and omega beam like powers, BUT Danny chase also had telekinesis and teleport type powers, and his mind just got wiped out. so the question is if Conner merges with it would he get only one set of powers or both.

I personally would like it more if he got TK, it's more "him", and a time travel power, so he can travel back and forth to the Legion future.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yep I read it, nothing specific Imo, just happy to get the opportunity
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

so we have

young justice for like 3 more weeks on tv
    dark crisis YJ on the 21st
    young justice targets July 26th
    Titans TV show who knows, but sometime in the fall
    superboy man of tomorrow mini series sometime later this year

Don't forget he will be in action comics (maybe)
    (also maybe) show up in the main dark crisis issues

anything else?

I need more lol