Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1660

I wish he would go thru a phase where he looked like the teen titans comic Conner but with the OG jacket ,gloves and glasses on ,so we can get a feel for both of his looks,then after awhile get a new look.i don't think fans of one look are gonna be happy if it's always just one way,both sets of fans need to "see" their kon
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Finally

This is what kons TTK was based on,and it wasn't spoken of for awhile,but now it's back.

So now bring his TTK back,you have the explanation back.

Kon can totally control the bio aura that his body produces with his mind.simple as hell.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Shocked to see that no one here has mentioned that PKJ said that Conner sort of wants/wanted to be Clark's son, but isn't, and that he'll have different powers and they'll explore his origins more.

He said that he and Jon may have different reactions to Clark and Lois officially adopting the twins as their actual kids. Apparently Jon's may be focused on the fact that the kids are the age he was at when he left home. And Conner's interactions with them may be in part based off how Clark is full down to adopt them and call them his kids while the same wasn't true for he and Conner.

Some of that is making assumptions based off PKJ candidly answering a question, so not set in stone. But it does seem like they will be changing up his origin again as hinted at during Bendis' run.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Shocked to see that no one here has mentioned that PKJ said that Conner sort of wants/wanted to be Clark's son, but isn't, and that he'll have different powers and they'll explore his origins more.

He said that he and Jon may have different reactions to Clark and Lois officially adopting the twins as their actual kids. Apparently Jon's may be focused on the fact that the kids are the age he was at when he left home. And Conner's interactions with them may be in part based off how Clark is full down to adopt them and call them his kids while the same wasn't true for he and Conner.

Some of that is making assumptions based off PKJ candidly answering a question, so not set in stone. But it does seem like they will be changing up his origin again as hinted at during Bendis' run.

Where is this from,and is it where I can read it?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Where is this from,and is it where I can read it?
    Word balloon interview with PKJ. It's the most recent one. Just go on Word balloon's YouTube.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Wouldn’t surprise me if PKJ brings back the whole “Conner doesn’t have a regular Kryptonian power set because he’s half human, he has a power set that mimics a Kryptonian”. Have we seen him use heat vision recently? If there are any shakeups then my guess is they’ll be related to his powers and not the Clark/Lex backstory which PKJ seems to like and has been solidified thanks to the adaptions in YJ and Titans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if PKJ brings back the whole “Conner doesn’t have a regular Kryptonian power set because he’s half human, he has a power set that mimics a Kryptonian”. Have we seen him use heat vision recently? If there are any shakeups then my guess is they’ll be related to his powers and not the Clark/Lex backstory which PKJ seems to like and has been solidified thanks to the adaptions in YJ and Titans.
    When people mentioned the shakeups to his backstory, I think they mean the idea of Conner wanting to have been adopted by Clark.

I've understood Conner's relationship with Clark was always mainly as brothers (curiously, Lex seems to see Conner as a son at some level).

Another thing, the reason why Superboy originally has "a power set that mimics a Kryptonian" wasn't due to him being half human. He was just a human clone modified at that time.

When they retcon his origin to Krytonian/Human hybrid he started to get the Kryptonian powers.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-26-2022 at 06:02 AM.

I hope the whole "want to be Superman's son" thing is not a full on desire,but a momentary desire because he had no childhood and feels he missed out.brothers are what it's been ,and brothers are what it should stay.BUT I bet it's PKJs way to try to have kon and Jon be "brothers" ,not uncle/nephew type of relationship.

For years before Geoff got ahold of kon in TT I was totally fine adn happy with thinking kon would grow up with powers like black zero/sins of youth,but John's changed thst forever,and that is how its been ever since,so why mess with it now.yes they need to make his power set look diffentt than the others to make his special existence look like it matters,but just changing his power set is not the way.jon is also a binary hybrid ,just not a clone,but his big diffenrce is being a energy manipulator while kons is controlling his bio field with his mind.both have the regular Kryptonian power set,but do those extra things ,thsts how they stand out.jon is going blue and kon should go TTK(bio field control),nothing drastically different,because while Jon going blue is a good thing thst will make him more powerful ,I can see a writer making kon weaker somehow just because ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Clark did send Conner to live with Ma and Pa. If THEY adopted Conner, then he would indeed be Clark's brother. Genetically though, because of Lex's genes being in there too, he is closer to a son.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I hope the whole "want to be Superman's son" thing is not a full on desire, but a momentary desire because he had no childhood and feels he missed out. brothers are what it's been, and brothers are what it should stay. BUT I bet it's PKJs way to try to have kon and Jon be "brothers", not uncle/nephew type of relationship.
    Jon has also referred to Kara as his aunt (when Bendis was still writer)... but she's not Clark's sister, she's his cousin... which means she's cousin once removed to Jon, and should be called a cousin. Calling her Aunt makes her sound old, and I can understand PKJ not wanting Jon to call Conner "Uncle".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon has also referred to Kara as his aunt (when Bendis was still writer)... but she's not Clark's sister, she's his cousin... which means she's cousin once removed to Jon, and should be called a cousin. Calling her Aunt makes her sound old, and I can understand PKJ not wanting Jon to call Conner "Uncle".
    It's possible they not wanting Jon to call Conner "Uncle" (when both have similar age) is one of the reasons.

However, I think the drama for Conner would likely be the main reason why they change the relationship he wants to have with Clark

PS: In my country, you would call the female cousin of your father (or mother) as Aunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's possible they not wanting Jon to call Conner "Uncle" (when both have similar age) is one of the reasons.

However, I think the drama for Conner would likely be the main reason why they change the relationship he wants to have with Clark

PS: In my country, you would call the female cousin of your father (or mother) as Aunt.
    Same for me as well.

As for Conner and his relationship with Clark, despite what's been written in the past, I have essentially seen Kon as Clark's "son". They want to expand the Super family and perhaps that carries a redefining of relationships to garner more stories going forward. Lex already calls him his son, it was somewhat awkward for him to be Clark's brother but that may have been a consequence of writers in that time not wanting Clark to have his own children on panel. Times are changing....

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

It's the same for me in my family. This is definitely something new and something I'm not really on board with. I've seen the YJ Season one jokes online and it does add some drama But not needed. I have an aunt and uncle closer to my age and they've always been like siblings. It could've been funny having Jon tease Conner and Kara about their titles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Same for me as well.

As for Conner and his relationship with Clark, despite what's been written in the past, I have essentially seen Kon as Clark's "son". They want to expand the Super family and perhaps that carries a redefining of relationships to garner more stories going forward. Lex already calls him his son, it was somewhat awkward for him to be Clark's brother but that may have been a consequence of writers in that time not wanting Clark to have his own children on panel. Times are changing....
    You're likely right that the main reason why they mantained Conner and Clark's relationship as brothers is because they didn't want to portray Clark as a father (especially from a teenager guy).

However, DC shows Clark as a father for the adopted twins and Jon is a young adult. So, DC seems to be ready for the drama of Conner wanting to be Clark's son.

It would be similar to Superboy being originally a modified human clone because DC wants Superman to be the only Kryptonian. Once DC allowed more Kryptonians, Johns could make Conner a Human/Krypyonian hybrid.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-26-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Drama drama drama,all this daddy stuff is for drama,jeez I get why stories need it ,but it's not needed and it's out of nowhere ,thsts my problem,Kon has enough "issues" to use thst a writer should not have to create one out of the blue for.

Oh and BTW if they are planning on making kon weaker because he is a hybrid then Jon better be too.jon end result is superman blue,and kons is titans of tomorrow superman,that's how this should shape up ,but if your gonna throw a wrench in just for more DRAMA ugh ,then make sure they all get it

For Conner I think that the idea is he’s upset at how Clark kept him at a distance but was eager to embrace and mentor Jon and the twins. Conner’s relationship with the family is something that has not been addressed in a while, and family drama makes sense for a Super Family book. But hey if it’s not your cup of tea at least we’ve got the Porter Superboy mini as an alternative.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/