Page 40 of 111 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

or they can keep actually have superman inspire them (crazy idea I know)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The costume on the left is still my preferred “modernization” of the classic Kon outfit, just give him a long coat like Lor-Zod or Neo had:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

The costume on the left is still my preferred “modernization” of the classic Kon outfit, just give him a long coat like Lor-Zod or Neo had:

Yeah I have been waiting for the S shield on his super suit to be changed to black since he came back, but DC hasn't done it yet, even though most know him by wearing those colors.

the JLK suit was great, which means we will probably never see it again (of course). I would make his gloves fingerless and give him shorter sleeves, to tweak that suit.

Zod looks badass there, but kon isn't "strictly" badass, he is also "cool", so me personally, I would stay with a shorter leather jacket.

Kon is the home grown superman, so everything about him should say that.
    no capes, no tights
    YJ season 2 to 4s clothing look
    leather jacket
    glasses
    green eyes
    S barcode tattoo on arm
    broken up powerset (kryptonian and TK)
    Geoffs idea done better, make his power started dropping as he uses it, and slowly build back (while kryptonians stay pretty much the same, and Jon can AMP it over there levels, even when he is starting at the same level as kon)
    eat and sleep
    more human personality
    more friends
    no matter what won't give up

the more human superman
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

thought thst was gonna happen to Conner. (on YJ)

Well in YJ we got the mandatory fight scene between Kon and his old friends at last, M’gann seemed to have healed his mind as expected, and Conner is out of the Phantom Zone. But given the state of his injuries he isn’t going to be alive for long unless he can get some help.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Cyborg Superboy?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm wondering if the hallucinations would have any effects on him.

Well in YJ we got the mandatory fight scene between Kon and his old friends at last, M’gann seemed to have healed his mind as expected, and Conner is out of the Phantom Zone. But given the state of his injuries he isn’t going to be alive for long unless he can get some help.
    Maybe if Team gets out of the zone they can help stitch him up.

I’m seriously wondering how the hell Kal gets out of this alive given he’s powerless and surrounded by the PZ prisoners plus Lor’s crew. Maybe he actually does die and Kon takes his place after all?

Genuinely interested in how they'll save Conner.

They've created a situation where it's not (or it shouldn't be) as simple as getting him to a yellow sun because that also means Zod and his crew gets to a yellow sun, thus why they open the Zone in a red sun environment to begin with. They introduce the injuries to function as a ticking clock narratively.

My first guess is that they get Conner to a yellow sun, and he's fine but still mentally broken and MM helps him. Very simple low stakes.

My second guess is that now since Danny's mind has been erased from the Mother Box-like device it's no longer a living creature, so Orion or someone can fuse it with Conner to save him. Thus reimagining Cyborg Superman and giving Conner new powers.

And if option 2 does happen then I do in fact expect Clark to die. The timeline has been reset and the Death of Superboy becomes the Death of Superman. That flashback Conner had of Dick saying that Conner should step into a role as a leader and him disagreeing, I think would foreshadow this. The same goes for the fact that Conner having the vision of killing Clark. This would effectively make that true. Conner would then be the reason Clark dies.

I've long since noticed that the creative team behind Young Justice has seen fit to really link New God stuff with Superboy. From the fact that Sphere took to him so well, and when he'd lost his memories in season 1 they were experimenting on him using Sphere. Then it seemed to be implied that Darkseid somehow helped The Light make Superboy. Then the fact that Conner is so close with the Forever people, and is very much aware of how New God tech is alive.

And now if you were paying attention last episode, you'd notice that Zod mentions that Krypton had dealings with the New Gods before its destruction. It's all fitting together.

And if they're making a homage to Snyder (as they've shown to do), we still need a third Mother Box character. We have Violet, Cyborg, and then we'd have Conner. Three beings changed by three different New God boxes. The Mother Box, Father Box, and Kraizer-Thrall.

And it's the sort of uniform continuity explanation that this show is known for. It's similar to how they made Beast Boy a green shape shifter by giving him a blood transfusion from Miss M rather than a separate explanation. Or how Match and Bizarro are the same character. So it wouldn't shock me if they made the clone Superboy and Cyborg Superman the same character, and explained the similarities to Cyborg as a feature rather than randomness.

And if that happens then Jon is left without a father (as foreshadowed by Lois) and he likely grows up looking up to Conner. This probably leads to him being the inspiration for the new timeline's version of the Legion, and why the timeline didn't immediately change when the Legion told Clark to take Conner's place.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-26-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’m seriously wondering how the hell Kal gets out of this alive given he’s powerless and surrounded by the PZ prisoners plus Lor’s crew. Maybe he actually does die and Kon takes his place after all?
    I mean, it would feel in bad taste to stick Superman on a planet where he's weakened just so his fathers' greatest enemy, who he's never even met up to this point, gets to kill him.

Then again I thought Wally's death was in bad taste...

Connor getting fixed by merging with Kraizer-Thrall feels like a smart play. That's one way to give him the Tron-esque Super Suit from the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Connor getting fixed by merging with Kraizer-Thrall feels like a smart play. That's one way to give him the Tron-esque Super Suit from the New 52.
    You're so right!

And this may be a long shot, but suppose Conner doesn't fully come back mentally? I mean, that's always the common thread with the New God tech fusing, isn't it? Father Box threated to take over Cyborg, and Mother Box was reborn as a new being mentally. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that Conner in his compromised mental state would not fully get everything about him back?

That was very much the New 52 Superboy's deal. Honestly, his fight here against The Team is almost a homage to his time with Nowhere.

This may mean that Clark lives through this after all. The loss that would keep this whole arc from being cheapened would be that MM gets Conner back physically, but not completely mentally.

I'm bumping up the chances of this happening now thanks to this observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it would feel in bad taste to stick Superman on a planet where he's weakened just so his fathers' greatest enemy, who he's never even met up to this point, gets to kill him.

Then again I thought Wally's death was in bad taste...
    Wally’s death is hilarious, he dies because he’s too slow when comics Wally’s entire arc was about him ultimately surpassing Barry. I would be bummed to see Kal die before he and Zod get a chance to really interact, for all Weisman’s many flaws I think his love for keikaku villains suits Zod well and if there’s a S5 I think it’s going to continue having Zod be a major faction, but Superman has been barely relevant in this show so I wouldn’t be too bothered if it meant Kon got to be a major factor going forward. Zod has other Kryptonians in other Forts scattered throughout the Zone as he mentions in this season, you could have S5 be him making major plays as a third faction opposed to Darkseid and Savage, with Kon stepping up to lead Earth’s heroes against him. Throw in Kara arriving to Earth, and initially mistaking Kon or Jon for Kal, only to get pissed when she finds out Kon get her little cousin killed by Zod? Well that seems like a much more exciting status quo than Kon just going on honeymoon with M’gann.

Speaking of M’gann I need her to fry her shithead brother’s brain at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Please God yes, anything other than the boring tacticool suit he’s worn since S2.