Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Saint's Row.
    Hah! That and GTA for sure, RDR too probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lord did their relationship annoy me....should've ended it after S2.
    Couldn’t have paired him with Cassie, and I did like their S3 and S4 stuff way more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What kind of games would Conner play? If he’s got a competitive streak I could see him being a fan of fighting games.

I remember he was playing the death of Superman game before he left metropolis back in 93
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Couldn’t have paired him with Cassie, and I did like their S3 and S4 stuff way more.
    They totally could have paired him with Cassie if they had wanted. They chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They totally could have paired him with Cassie if they had wanted. They chose not to.
    I suppose it’s possible they could have paired the two after the S1 time skip but that relationship relies so much on the Conner/Cassie relationship from the comics. In the show it probably would have come across as the equivalent to pairing M’gann and Lagoon Boy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man the whole Miss Martian/Superboy romance would've been torn apart if the genders were reveresed and it was released today when people are a lot more aware of things like grooming and gaslighting, from the writers persepective it probably looked like a teen romance of two alien outsiders who found each other and weathered all odds to become man and wife but a lot of people couldn't get past how so much of their relationship was built upon M'gann's deceit and how the writers never really held her accountable for it, hell in one instance they even had Conner apologise to her for calling her out on it.

I agree with the sentiment that they should've broken up permanently after season 2 with idea being their first relationship was diaster because they were so young but now they've both grown and learned from it but obviously can't be together again after such breach of trust.

My main issue with it though was how much of it ate up Conner's screentime, at times it felt like he was just there to be M'gann supporting boyfriend in her storylines and things that were actually intresting like him repairing his rocky relationship with Clark, his conflict with Luthor or him helping to liberate other Genomes happen off-screen.
    Last edited by walk; 12-18-2022 at 04:01 AM.

Definitely would have loved to have seen all of that on screen rather than Weisman doing it all off screen in between seasons. That’s probably why they did focus so much on the Superboy/Miss Martian romance, because all of Conner’s other potential plot threads had been resolved off screen.

Definitely would have loved to have seen all of that on screen rather than Weisman doing it all off screen in between seasons. That’s probably why they did focus so much on the Superboy/Miss Martian romance, because all of Conner’s other potential plot threads had been resolved off screen.
    They could've balanced it better. Being in a relationship is like having an ally in your struggles. So some of Connor's story threads could've inspired M'gann in a certain way or vice versa. It's not Clark and Connor wouldn't have problems later or M'gann could give him insight into what to do with the genomes. But YJ spread itself too thin so oh well.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-18-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Listening to the PKJ Comic Perch interview on YouTube, he mentioned that Porter was recently in the “Superman Chat” that he, Taylor, and Williamson set up where Porter laid out his plans for Conner. Hoping that means whatever Porter is doing in the Superboy mini might get acknowledged in Action, that way people know that it “matters”.

Listening to the PKJ Comic Perch interview on YouTube, he mentioned that Porter was recently in the “Superman Chat” that he, Taylor, and Williamson set up where Porter laid out his plans for Conner. Hoping that means whatever Porter is doing in the Superboy mini might get acknowledged in Action, that way people know that it “matters”.
    Cool. I have more reasons to pick up both now.

It would be delightful bit of irony if Conner mini did so well editorial was forced to let it continue because oh boy is it obvious they wouldn't release it if they could. First they kill the Conner series that Magdalene Visaggio was suppose to write because they didn't want it taking any attention away from Son of Kal El and I can imagine they only allowed Conner inclusion in the Round Robin as a courtesy not expecting it to win the whole thing, I'm still low-key convinced the vote rigging that was discovered in the final round was an inside job when it was clear Conner was going to beat Suicide Squad Dark by a landslide and when it did win they go and delay it by a whole year.

I really can't comprehend the mindset within the Super Office, Conner is arguably one of the few spinoff characters from Superman whose both stood the test of time and is legitimately popular in his own right and not just kept around for diversity points like Steel and Natasha (I like the characters but it's true) yet they've killed him off, replaced him in the New 52 with completely different character and been shunting him into the background ever since. Even when he wins a competition voted by thousands of fans they still refuse to capitalise on his obvious popularity, PKJ and rest of the Superchat apathy towards his mini couldn't be more apparent.

That's why Porter sending Conner to space to carve out a place to call his own because he sees the writing on the wall, Conner never going to allowed to have any real promince or importance again with Jon as the new golden boy within the Supermen universe so he needs to be reinvented from "teen Superguy" as that's owned for the foreseeable future by the biological son into cosmic adventurer and if goes well it could sustain Conner for years it just needs to sell well enough and for editorial to get out of Conners way for once.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow sold poorly in monthly issues but per King has had strong sales as a trade. Would not surprise me if Superboy: Man of Tomorrow performed similarly, assuming Porter writes a good book of course.

I wonder if his mini will get many variants,and as many as the other Super characters get for their books thst didn't actually get vote on
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

People are more likely to tradewait a miniseries so that could be work against him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    People are more likely to tradewait a miniseries so that could be work against him.

He doesn't need more things working against him

It is what is.

I don't think the teen superhero angle had longevity. Even before Jon and Damian popped up Connor and Tim were starting to struggle with their mantles. The younger characters were always gonna lose out in comic book time. But I'm a Harry Potter kid so I tend to prefer YA stories that move forward than stagnate.

I'm hoping the new miniseries and his role in Action Comics gives him some good stories to enjoy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-20-2022 at 10:57 AM.