Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    World's Finest Cast of Characters .

Wouldnt that be nice to have kon show up in the book, with quality ppl on the book, maybe we can move him forward a Lil
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Man what will they do with Conner? It just feels like Jon took his place.
    I thought he was going to Earth 3 because of Future State. So maybe that's how his time in SS ends?

I don't think Jon took his place till the timeskip. Before they weren't in each other's way and I'm surprised they never met. There's a lot of stories you could tell with Conner being Jon's cooler older brother.

It's just DC's never figured out what to do with Legacy characters beyond making them understudies.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Does this mean kon really doesnt know his own history either, judt going by what someone told him?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

He didn't at the time. Death Metal might have changed that though.

I actually have a theory. Before the New 52 reboot, he was planned to be brainwashed to attack the Teen Titans. Go with that. He got memory wiped (and thanks to Doctor Manhattan, everyone else forgot his history too - his New 52 origin would be altered to him being reprogrammed, not created), never fully got his memories back, and at some point after his last appearance in the New 52, he got punted off to Gemworld, where we meet him in Bendis's Young Justice. He was absent in Rebirth until YJ relaunched, and this would still explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Nothing, they will do nothing with him.... In the comics. While thr only place we are gonna get more kon is on YJ and Titans.

Jon didn't take kons place,kon was never meant to be Clark's son and he, and us long time fans grew to understand he wasn't meant to be the heir to superman either.

I don't dislike Jon, I dislike DC comics for thinking having Jon now means they can flush kon down the drain. The DCU is a huge place, they can both fit easily in it, together or at the very opposite ends of it
    Yeah, Kon is Kal's brother, not his son.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love 13th Superman idea of conner wearing his glasses not only cause it is cool to me, but to hide his eyes, eyes that look like Lex's. I'm gonna use this idea from now on when I think of the Conner I would love to see, and why.

I also like the idea of trying to do the mental gymnastics that say Conner was mind wiped, used as a weapon by N. O . W. H. E. R. E, and then whisked away to gem world where he was while reality was played out.the only thing is, is thst his powers went from kryptonian, then full TTK, now back to kryptonian.

Btw Jon on the CW show was shown dressing like a punk version of conners 90s and present look, BUT him taking the drugs that make him powerful like a kryptonian, but also makes him super aggressive is just like Young Justice season 1 Conner with the shields.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 02-25-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mmm.... pretty

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I love 13th Superman idea of conner wearing his glasses not only cause it is cool to me, but to hide his eyes, eyes that look like Lex's. I'm gonna use this idea from now on when I think of the Conner I would love to see, and why.

I also like the idea of trying to do the mental gymnastics that say Conner was mind wiped, used as a weapon by N. O . W. H. E. R. E, and then whisked away to gem world where he was while reality was played out.the only thing is, is thst his powers went from kryptonian, then full TTK, now back to kryptonian.
    Thanks. I'd prefer him to be identical to Supes but if he had to inherit a physical trait from Lex, I'm ok with the eyes. It plays to his insecurities with his Lex connection while giving an extra dimension to the shades. The ROS animated movie was what helped me tolerate it.

When the New 52 was announced, it was mentioned that he was kidnapped and then experimented on. His journey was to try to put himself together again mentally and physically but that changed. He needs to be differentiated from Jon. The green eyes and focusing on his ttk would be a start. Maybe rather than having his Kryptonian powers burn out completely, they are reduced to golden age levels and he has to rely on his ttk to close the gap. I'd rather he keep his powers though. Earth 3 might be the best place for him. One of the last splits for War for Earth 3 mention that someone may be stranded there. It may be him. Although he shows up for Death of the JL in his old gear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Thanks. I'd prefer him to be identical to Supes but if he had to inherit a physical trait from Lex, I'm ok with the eyes. It plays to his insecurities with his Lex connection while giving an extra dimension to the shades. The ROS animated movie was what helped me tolerate it.

When the New 52 was announced, it was mentioned that he was kidnapped and then experimented on. His journey was to try to put himself together again mentally and physically but that changed. He needs to be differentiated from Jon. The green eyes and focusing on his ttk would be a start. Maybe rather than having his Kryptonian powers burn out completely, they are reduced to golden age levels and he has to rely on his ttk to close the gap. I'd rather he keep his powers though. Earth 3 might be the best place for him. One of the last splits for War for Earth 3 mention that someone may be stranded there. It may be him. Although he shows up for Death of the JL in his old gear.

You hit on many points

Kon was created to be identical, thsts what he should be. IF he isnt then Lex's eyes being the only thing, and the only thing thst screams I created a superman to lex, makes sense. Lex just couldn't create the worlds new superman without everyone knowing it was him who did it.

I alswys liked him wearing glasses, but wondered why he would, besides just thinking he was cool as fluck. Giving him a reason to hide his eyes, like he is embarrassed, or feel ppl will look at him different is a good character builder.

The new 52 kon was a mess, but if they can rinse away everything that was dumb, and focus on trying to make kon, always kon no matter how time gets changed then you can get more from it still.

Kon has lost his memory, and time, saying he was mind wiped, genetically messed with, then treated as a weapon brings his new 52 time into his actual history.

After he dies helping Kara escape in the past, and then reborn could have fixed any genetic issues with him.he went from a kryptonian powerset to full TK powers, that could be explained as NOWHERE suppressing his kryptonian DNA to find ways to help Jon, and in return it made his TTK powers grow. Then when he got his DNA fixed he got what we see now, all kryptonian powers. Course a happy medium between kryptonian and TK power sets is what should be done, not one or the other always.

Powerwise my theory relies completely on brynes aura explanation. Kryptonians as they grow and absorb sunlight get physical and mental/aura type powers. What my idea is, is that kons powers were mutated caise of the human DNA (which Imo every hybrid should be mutated just uniquely them). His physical powers look like a comic book power level YJ shows powerset. Physically as strong, fast, durable as kryptonians,having super senses, that makes sense, so no heating things on another planet or no xray vision. I think becaise breathhig and having strong lungs is natural, that means he should have super breath, ice breath, Sonic scream.i think his aura/mental powers which are his TK powers should give him flight, invulnerability(there is a difference between durability and invulnerability) heat vision, x ray vision, senses beyond normal senses, and the ability y to lift anything. Those are his kryptonian powers, just seperated,one physical, and one mentally controlled. He has TK powers also, blasts, shields, levitation, but he can only use these powers by pulling his own invulnerability away from his body (as shown by titans of tomorrow, both parts). So he has 2 flaws thst only he has - 1 being that he has to mentally control them if not he is just a comic power leveled correct YJ superboy, and - 2 when he extends his aura away from his body (blasts, levitation, and shields) it takes it away from his own body, which leaves him with the YJ superboy powers (comic power levels correct of course). So he can and is as powerful as a kryptonian, and he still has his TK powers, but he has flaws that he has to take into account when using them.

Btw Conner was not in the crossover at all. Hopefully he shows up with wally and the Titans next issue

Last edited by SuperX; 03-05-2022 at 10:32 AM.

It's weird seeing Young Henry Cavill photoshopped into Conner.

Generator Rex gave me Conner vibes. So I recommend it if you want to watch a cool cartoon. It's also something that could be a proof of concept for a Conner spinoff.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2022 at 07:42 PM.