Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's weird seeing Young Henry Cavill photoshopped into Conner.

Generator Rex gave me Conner vibes. So I recommend it if you want to watch a cool cartoon. It's also something that could be a proof of concept for a Conner spinoff.

It's weird seeing him like thst, but it's still really damn awesome, you can almost see this playing out in a movie.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
    Last edited by SuperX; 03-07-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

I still feel that it was such a missed opportunity that they made Tim bisexual without doing the same for Connor. I honestly can't think of another couple, official or otherwise, that has more chemistry than those two. Seeing the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction to Jon and significant boost in sales for his book, I really hope DC follows suit and does a similar reveal for Kon also. To those who say it would be "out of character", it's my experience that it's usually the guys who are the most "raging hets" that are the ones that are overcompensating to hide their repressed feelings, and it would be perfectly plausible for Kon to come to a similar revelation.

Indeed, just look at Iceman. How many ladies did he sleep with before he realised he was gay? Enough that you'd have expected him to be declared bi anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Indeed, just look at Iceman. How many ladies did he sleep with before he realised he was gay? Enough that you'd have expected him to be declared bi anyway.
    Yeah this is one of those things where it's like "wait what"? And it felt like editorial fiat due to how left-field it was.

I kinda think this is why they didn't do that with Conner.... he has a long history of romantic relationships. And not just TALKING about them.

SuperX talked about a partition fanbase between 90s Conner and the 2000's Conner. I think you could build a bridge between the two takes because both of them are Conner at different points of his life. So you could reverse engineer a character arc between the two.

The New 52 Superboy Annual provides an explanation why Conner would pick up the more outwardly confident persona. It's a coping mechanism and how he deals with stress- "fake it till you make it".

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I still feel that it was such a missed opportunity that they made Tim bisexual without doing the same for Connor. I honestly can't think of another couple, official or otherwise, that has more chemistry than those two. Seeing the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction to Jon and significant boost in sales for his book, I really hope DC follows suit and does a similar reveal for Kon also. To those who say it would be "out of character", it's my experience that it's usually the guys who are the most "raging hets" that are the ones that are overcompensating to hide their repressed feelings, and it would be perfectly plausible for Kon to come to a similar revelation.
    I hope so too. Even if they don't hook him up with Tim (immediately), it would be a nice boost for Kon and his fans. I wouldn't even say things are entirely repressed for Kon given all the moments he's had with Tim, Bart, and a few other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Why does this look strange yet appealing at the same time? lol.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I hope so too. Even if they don't hook him up with Tim (immediately), it would be a nice boost for Kon and his fans. I wouldn't even say things are entirely repressed for Kon given all the moments he's had with Tim, Bart, and a few other guys.

He is a straight character, sorry you guys can't accept that. He is the most straight character in comics, only Dick Grayson is possibly more straight,and it's OK for a character to not have the same sex identity as you, you can still enjoy watching and reading the character.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-16-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Why does this look strange yet appealing at the same time? lol.

It's Henry, but as a teen, and it could really pass as kon

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    SuperX talked about a partition fanbase between 90s Conner and the 2000's Conner. I think you could build a bridge between the two takes because both of them are Conner at different points of his life. So you could reverse engineer a character arc between the two.

The New 52 Superboy Annual provides an explanation why Conner would pick up the more outwardly confident persona. It's a coping mechanism and how he deals with stress- "fake it till you make it".

Building a bridge has to happen Imo. There are way to many fans of tshirt and jeans and jacket and glasses, and not enough crossover.

I hope they do something with Conner soon and I hope it’s with Cassie so that we can stop rehashing the same arguments and the TimKon shippers can go back to writing their slash fic instead of trying to insist that it’s not something they’ve invented inside their heads. If you want a Superman who kisses other men that’s Jon, not Conner. Sure they “could” make him gay, but them pairing Tim with Bernard and outing Jon means they won’t. Only one who might’ve been able to make your dreams come true is Tynion and he’s no longer writing superheroes for DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope they do something with Conner soon and I hope it’s with Cassie so that we can stop rehashing the same arguments and the TimKon shippers can go back to writing their slash fic instead of trying to insist that it’s not something they’ve invented isn’t heir heads. If you want a Superman who kisses other men that’s Jon, not Conner.
    You haven’t read the new
    Batgirls have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You haven’t read the new
    Batgirls have you?
    Nope, I like Cass but not enough to read her solo and Steph isn’t a big draw for me. Why, did something happen?