Page 18 of 111 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not just the special, but his own young justice Dark Crisis tie-in

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/exclu...ice-miniseries
    OH SNAP! June is lookin' better and better!

They’re finally doing something with Conner. Hope it’s good but the new writer is pretty fanfic-y so I’m going to wait and see.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Titans United ended well. Nothing special, but solid. Conner got to have the big climactic choice in it, which was fun.

Excited for the Dark Crisis: Young Justice mini. Interesting framing of Jon in those preview pages. I'm not sure I like the art much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Titans United ended well. Nothing special, but solid. Conner got to have the big climactic choice in it, which was fun.

Excited for the Dark Crisis: Young Justice mini. Interesting framing of Jon in those preview pages. I'm not sure I like the art much, though.
    The framing makes it look like it’s 100% going to be Conner finally dealing what does he do now that Jon basically stole his destiny of becoming Superman. But given they’re still keeping Tim Robin I’m worried this ain’t going to result in Conner graduating from Superboy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re finally doing something with Conner. Hope it’s good but the new writer is pretty fanfic-y so I’m going to wait and see.

Was happy to hear about this until I was reminded who the writer is. I pray this isn't fan-ficy either.

So much nostalgia...

Question

Wow today, we got the end of a pretty good Titans series, which hopefully gets replaced by one just as good or better, but also we have this YJ 6 issue seroes coming, and that opens up another door for our young heroes and especially for me kon-el.

Titans united gave us our hero Conner again, and a confident guy.he kept the bottom half of the black zero suit, and put his black tshirt back over it. It wasn't a bad look, kinda like the mix of shirt and super suit, just needed a leather jacket, fingerless gloves, and a Lil more hair on top (can't stand the haircuts that are supposed to make us think of lex, it's dumb to me).

I love thst we have 6 issues coming, and I hope it's good, the art is good, BUT Conner looks to small, and thst damn outfit and that damn hair needs to get the hell out of here I'm getting so sick of this punk young BOY look, when WE have Titans, WE have YJ, we have good older, more mature takes on him, both takes would be perfect with TTK, and wearing a leather jacket, gloves, and sunglasses.

Hopefully this mini series gets the YJ4 from kiddie heroes to young adult heroes
    Last edited by SuperX; 03-15-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Krummet View Post
    In June, Kon makes an appearance in DC Pride: Tim Drake Special.
    Attachment 119260
    Ohh I hope his appearance in DC Pride will mean what I think it means!

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Ohh I hope his appearance in DC Pride will mean what I think it means!

Nope, it won't. He is a supportive friend, you know straight guys can be friends with gay or bisexual guys right
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

map geojson

Learn and love the past, but move forward

This is still one of my fave pics of kon-El

Hope it’s good but the new writer is pretty fanfic-y so I’m going to wait and see.
    What makes her "fanfic-y"? I don't understand when people use that term for professionals who are actually employed to write for the comics publisher...

Judging from her comments on SyFy and the preview pages posted there, it looks to me like she's got a decent handle on the characters and what fans want for them. If that's "fanfic-y" then I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by Carl Krummet; 03-16-2022 at 05:04 AM.

But given they’re still keeping Tim Robin I’m worried this ain’t going to result in Conner graduating from Superboy.
    I'm not so sure that Tim is staying Robin.

From SyFy: "This is a continuation of his story, and this is a continuation of the journey that this character is on," Fitzmartin said. "And he's very important to all of us, and thankfully Dark Crisis came at a time when that was also what we wanted to do with the character."

To me, that sounds like she's looking to graduate Tim to something new and that Dark Crisis presented a prime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Nope, it won't. He is a supportive friend, you know straight guys can be friends with gay or bisexual guys right
    I agree that that’s the capacity in which Kon will be used here too.

And gay characters can have straight fans too, SuperX (and vice versa). I’m okay with whatever vision is developed for the character.

Either way, nice to have another SB fan on board, Monari!
    Last edited by Carl Krummet; 03-16-2022 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Krummet View Post
    I'm not so sure that Tim is staying Robin.

From SyFy: "This is a continuation of his story, and this is a continuation of the journey that this character is on," Fitzmartin said. "And he's very important to all of us, and thankfully Dark Crisis came at a time when that was also what we wanted to do with the character."

To me, that sounds like she's looking to graduate Tim to something new and that Dark Crisis presented a prime opportunity.
    Tim's still Robin in Chip Zdarsky's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

map geojson

Learn and love the past, but move forward
    That image didn't show up until I quoted you, for some reason.

And that link looks like spam to me.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman