Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think it's obvious that the show's Jon is taking cues from Conner and Match, and the show's Jordan is the adaptation of comic book Jon.
    Jordan is not like Jon

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

With Discovery cancelling shows left and right, what do we think they will do with Titans and YJ?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    With Discovery cancelling shows left and right, what do we think they will do with Titans and YJ?
    YJ is animated and I doubt animation is a factor in their plans regarding the live action properties. Could be wrong of course but I don’t think they’re going to be mandating every animated DC movie tie into the shared universe. Titans though? That’s more at risk. It being an HBO Max exclusive might offer some protection.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think it's obvious that the show's Jon is taking cues from Conner and Match, and the show's Jordan is the adaptation of comic book Jon.

Kon traits are being used cause he is the coolest S there has vee been, and they know thst, they just can't get passed superman having a biological kid, so they use the traits just not the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jordan is not like Jon

Sure he is,but he isn't a total mirror image either. They wanted the boys to be opposites of each other,so he has his own traits
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    so who are the ladies in left center and bottom center?

Lana and lois, both on the bizzaro side
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    YJ is animated and I doubt animation is a factor in their plans regarding the live action properties. Could be wrong of course but I don’t think they’re going to be mandating every animated DC movie tie into the shared universe. Titans though? That’s more at risk. It being an HBO Max exclusive might offer some protection.

God that would be terrible if they dropped both shows, and as kon fan it would be tragic, cause both versions are done great, and are special in their own way.

BTW if the bigwigs in charge want to do animated and live action superboy spinoff shows I'm all for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    so who are the ladies in left center and bottom center?
    Left is Lois, bottom is Lana.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have a strong feeling YJ is gonna get canned again. I might be completely wrong (and I hope I am) but season seems like it zero hype and or discussion around it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I have a strong feeling YJ is gonna get canned again. I might be completely wrong (and I hope I am) but season seems like it zero hype and or discussion around it.
    Twitter has turned on it but I think it’s still one of HBO Max’s most popular shows. We’ll see, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if it got canned but I don’t see it as being as at risk compared to the shows that aren’t exclusive to MAX.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Twitter has turned on it but I think it’s still one of HBO Max’s most popular shows. We’ll see, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if it got canned but I don’t see it as being as at risk compared to the shows that aren’t exclusive to MAX.
    Twitter turned on it? I saw Weisman having to defend Rocket's lack of focus in her own arc (and forgetting to have characters refer to Halo by their preferred pronouns) but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Twitter turned on it? I saw Weisman having to defend Rocket's lack of focus in her own arc (and forgetting to have characters refer to Halo by their preferred pronouns) but that's about it.
    Well by “Twitter” I mean I see a bunch of people complaining about the show, some even saying that it was a mistake to bring it back. No idea if that actually is how the majority of people feel about YJ, but I do see a lot of complaining and not much talk about it.

Well by “Twitter” I mean I see a bunch of people complaining about the show, some even saying that it was a mistake to bring it back. No idea if that actually is how the majority of people feel about YJ, but I do see a lot of complaining and not much talk about it.
    Well... "complaints" on twitter, are typically a vocal minority. People who enjoy something are far less likely to talk on social media.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Fairly certain that Lor-Zod will be Chris Kent by the end of the season.

My main reasons for thinking this are 1) the fact that the creative team decided to make Lor black. This is an obvious attempt at calling back to Val-Zod especially since around the time this season was being made there was buzz about making Superman black in other media, so it's a nod to that. 2) The narrative irony. Lor blames Conner and the El family for the treatment of his family. And when he learns that Orion is Darksied's bio son but is the adopted son of Highfather, his reaction being so harsh is very clearly a set up.

The set up is simple. Ursa is already pregnant-- and likely ready to give birth, but because of the Zone she's suck in the state she came in. That's why Lor brought up the fact that she technically held him for 1000 years. This means that if she were to come out of the Zone then she'd likely have her water break and she'd go into labor right then and there. Also keep in mind that it's been stressed that Lor-Zod as we current know him is living outside of the timeline same as the Legion that's in the 21st century. As Saturn Girl explained, that means that whatever happens with the timeline doesn't effect them yet.

With that set up in mind, I see two options:

1) Clark and Lois adopt the newborn Lor-Zod as they did in the comics. This mirrors the Hightfather adoption of Darkseid. This marks the Els as foes to House Zod for all time. Fairly straight forward.

or

2) Conner and MM adopt Lor. The show is ultimately about the team from season 1, and it's about them growing up. I very much doubt that Conner and Miss M can have a kid based off Conner's screwed up genetics and her being so alien even to him. Just like Conner effectively took the Death of Superman storyline and the Legion connection, I don't see why they wouldn't also take Chris Kent. I mean, the comics aren't using him as Lois and Clark's son anymore, so this is a chance for them to freestyle. Plus, the current Lor specifically hates Conner as the reason for his parents being gone. The dramatic irony of the new Lor being raised by that Conner would just be storytelling 101. This would make Lois and Clark Lor's aunt and uncle, and Jon his older cousin.

All of that said, I also think this may lead to Conner's retirement from being a hero fulltime. His brush with death, the idea of leaving Miss M alone, and now his new responsibilities as a father may lead him to hang up the cape-- or I guess combat boots. I think Conner beats Zod and his men by trapping them in the Zone and breaking the projector far earlier than expected.

I think the Legion's future ends up changing again, but this time it's still good. The only thing is that their new inspiration is Jon Kent (again, as a nod to the comics). I mean, it seems pretty obvious. Saturn Girl tells Clark that he needs to take Conner's place in 10 years. That would make Jon around 14 or 15. The perfect age to still be Superboy, and be an active member of The Team. Clearly Jon looks up to Conner in a big way, and it's likely that whatever Conner would've done, Jon will do because of the inspiration he took from him.

This also leaves Lor-Zod at 10 years old. The perfect age to learn what his father did to his biological parents. This gives Conner and Clark a moment because Clark clearly had a similar experience learning of his past. I even expect that Lor-Zod will have a similar anger issue to Conner because of this, and things will come full circle. Conner being "reitered" wouldn't mean that he'd be out of the show anymore than it put the Roys out of the show. It's ultimately not a superhero show. It's a drama about the lives and families of these people.

It would also allow Conner's death to mean something symbolically rather than him going back to doing what he was doing. I imagine he'll even say "Superboy did die". I even remember that in Outsiders Conner and Miss M were all but retired, and Miss M wasn't happy that he kept getting pulled back into the game. This whole thing likely leads to them both calling it quits for real.

If there is a next season, I'm genuinely expecting the time skip to be 10 years, and to see this stuff. This is the first time they've ever set such a particular timeframe to look out for, so that makes me believe that the plan is actually to make good upon it in the next season (if they get one). I'm guessing we'll even see Clark in his Kingdom Come look with the gray hairs and all.

Maybe even see what Lex does with the idea of his new fully Kryptonian grandson?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah I too think the Legion timeline is going to shift again to something more closely resembling the Bendis Legion. I think there’s three ways S5 could play out:

1. Basically what you propose, Conner and M’gann “retire” and Conner adopts Lor-Zod as his kid.

2. Clark dies at the end instead of Conner, Conner steps up and takes his place with the League as Superman (with his trip to the PZ unlocking his full powers and allowing him to age), Zod and Ursa aren’t reimprisoned and go found New Krypton with baby Lor born there and raised by them like in Rebirth. Either Kara or Jon takes Conner’s place with YJ after a time skip.

3. Conner joins with Zod because of the brainwashing and next season will be about the team trying to recover him while Zod builds his New Krypton. Kara shows up before the end of this season and Kenan is also introduced (they kind of teased the JLC in that post credit scene with Supes and BL). There’d be a small time skip of maybe a year where Kara and Kenan joined the team to replace Conner, and those two are at the forefront with Kara as someone who is torn between her loyalty to her cousin Kal and her own desire to help build a New Krypton, while Kenan is being groomed to be the new Superman since Conner is no longer an option.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Amendment: I looked back and Ursa was only about a month pregnant. It's unlikely my theory holds any water unless they plan an 8 month time skip within this season and after the Zods get out.

It's also possible that they time skip the 10 years next season, Conner is retired, and they reveal a now 10 year old Lor-Zod as his son. It's the sort of off screen development this show is known for.

I just think the fact that they seemed to highlight Lor's hate for Conner and the idea that he was disgusted by the son of an evil dictator being raised by their worst foe who is also benevolent. The "one good dad and one bad dad" idea along with the adoption idea also makes too much thematic sense to pass up.

Pretty sure Conner's never going to upgrade in powers or age in this show. The creators have been pretty blunt and direct about that. Plus, that's never been what the show has been about. There has never actually been any focus on upgrading powers or anything like that in this show. Nearly all of the time every character that's introduced keeps their power level where it's at from the point they're introduced. The show's always been about characters and they're relationships with each other. Apart from that they all just become better at their jobs via training.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.