Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I can’t wait until we can actually discuss the show without spoilers next week lol. But hey here’s something I guess we can talk about: what do you guys think of the Conner/M’gann relationship? It’s weird how they’ve never interacted in the comics despite their relationship in the show being a huge deal. There was a planned Tom King Superboy series that would’ve paired the two but other than that, nothing. I’m a Conner/Cassie guy to my core, but I don’t mind the show going in a different direction, nor would I mind the two dating in the comics if they’re not actually going to do anything with Conner and Cassie these days.
    I've got mixed feelings about Conner/M'gann. I, too, prefer Conner with Cassie, but this is the show sticking with its guns and seeing a relationship from the beginning, so I'm good with the story development. At some level I would've been okay if in the second season they broke up the two and paired Conner and Cassie, but generally speaking I don't like that kind of pulling out the rug from underneath. Leave that for Dick Grayson and all his exes, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I've got mixed feelings about Conner/M'gann. I, too, prefer Conner with Cassie, but this is the show sticking with its guns and seeing a relationship from the beginning, so I'm good with the story development. At some level I would've been okay if in the second season they broke up the two and paired Conner and Cassie, but generally speaking I don't like that kind of pulling out the rug from underneath. Leave that for Dick Grayson and all his exes, haha.
    I like the show’s take on M’gann, warts and all, but I would have also been ok with them breaking up for good in S2. Blows my mind they paired her with Tim in the show, a pairing everyone hated, and then did nothing with either of them. Apparently Cassie and Tim broke up in between seasons as well, so I have no clue what the thought process was for that.

Hm y’know M’gann actually would have been a good fit for the Superboy mini given that’s going more cosmic and featuring members of other DC alien races. Pity that I don’t think Porter thought to use her, would have been cool to see the comic Kon and M’gann team up. I don’t need the two to date but just to have some kind of relationship in the comics would be nice, poor M’gann is a central character in the show but is barely relevant in the comics
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm also a pretty hardcore ConnerxCassie shipper but I'm okay with Conner and M'Gann's relationship (even if the show barely has any time to give Cassie much to do otherwise) even if it feels like they keep constructing more drama for it every season (usually M'Gann's fault).

I don't really like M'gann in the show, so I really am not a fan of Conner's relationship with her. I would have been ok with them staying broken up in season 2. I do not want Conner and M'gann to have a romantic relationship in the comics. I like Conner and Cassie overall, but I would also be ok if they didn't get back together but stayed good friends. I would love to have Tana Moon brought back and revamped for these newer comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

My only grievance with Tana was that I didn’t like her being a reporter. I really want the other Superfamily members to have their own status quos that aren’t just facsimiles of Clark’s iconic status quo. If Tana were to get another occupation I wouldn’t mind seeing her return either - and Conner should have Hawaii as his home turf regardless I think.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hawaii with a Raver mark on his hand for sure

if Conner was 18 to 21, and tana was 20 to 23 I would be down with her coming back, but not if he is a young kid.

Cassie would be the spunky challenge thst made him work for it, not just her hand, but also keep pushing his powers.

megan if they play up the clone aspect, thst even though he is the most human of any of the SUPERs, he is a outsider, a alien among everyone on all sides
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I know what they're trying to do but Kon being reverted back to factory settings is highly irritating right now. To me it makes him look weak, although I get it he is in extreme physical and mental pain.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yeah I can’t wait until we can actually discuss the show without spoilers next week lol. But hey here’s something I guess we can talk about: what do you guys think of the Conner/M’gann relationship? It’s weird how they’ve never interacted in the comics despite their relationship in the show being a huge deal. There was a planned Tom King Superboy series that would’ve paired the two but other than that, nothing. I’m a Conner/Cassie guy to my core, but I don’t mind the show going in a different direction, nor would I mind the two dating in the comics if they’re not actually going to do anything with Conner and Cassie these days.
    I'm a Conner and Cassie guy to but I don't mind the Megan relationship at all, they work really well together in the show.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I know what they're trying to do but Kon being reverted back to factory settings is highly irritating right now. To me it makes him look weak, although I get it he is in extreme physical and mental pain.

I would have been more impressed if they kept him the same as he was on the water tower in Smallville at the end of his last series, then added a Lil more personality in his clothing, like his jacket, and more fun attitude, and way more uses for his TTK.

BTW it's called regression, setting him up like he was years ago, but with a Lil more grungey look is still regression
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Conner x Cassie fan, and presumably the rare one that doesn't like Megan with him on the show. Something about her character irritated me from the end of season one onward, especially the mind control stuff, so I'm not happy with that. And yeah outside of Conner and maybe Bart none of that Gen gets much attention from Greg.

I apply the "most human SUPER" to everything about kon, like appearance, power flaws, personality, friendships, etc, so why not apply it to his love life. I think he would be with someone who could understand or relate to him, challenge him, and also let his heart be safe with them, and allow his feelings to flow out of him.

which one do you think would accomplish this the best?

Never interacted? They were on the Titans team together, if only briefly. Megan debuted just after Kon was killed off in Infinite Crisis, but she was still there when he came back.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_37 - Megan's debut.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_83 - both characters listed in the roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Never interacted? They were on the Titans team together, if only briefly. Megan debuted just after Kon was killed off in Infinite Crisis, but she was still there when he came back.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_37 - Megan's debut.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_83 - both characters listed in the roster.
    I loved thst roster, but couldn't stand the writing

Agreed. I thought that roster was dope and it had some of my fav teen heroes, but the writing just didn't do it for me. I miss the t-shirt and jeans look for Kon too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Conner x Cassie fan, and presumably the rare one that doesn't like Megan with him on the show. Something about her character irritated me from the end of season one onward, especially the mind control stuff, so I'm not happy with that. And yeah outside of Conner and maybe Bart none of that Gen gets much attention from Greg.
    I feel the same. I'm not a huge fan of M'Gann on the show either, which hurts because I like her comic version.