Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. I thought that roster was dope and it had some of my fav teen heroes, but the writing just didn't do it for me. I miss the t-shirt and jeans look for Kon too.
    I miss a lot of things about that era and that version of him, just think it was a shame we lost the cool kid, with the cool jacket, and the cool TTK powers.

I feel the same. I'm not a huge fan of M'Gann on the show either, which hurts because I like her comic version.

the show version of her has went over the line a couple to many times Imo, and she stole kons TK lol. she isn't all bad, but I was always wanting a team up between Conner and Megan in the comics, think they would. compliment each other well in all ways.

wish they would bring make a YJ series with the YJ4=kon, Tim, Cassie and Bart, plus Megan, Virgil, Lorena,Jamie, and always wanted Grant Emerson (Damage) to all be together, perfect next gen team
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Never interacted? They were on the Titans team together, if only briefly. Megan debuted just after Kon was killed off in Infinite Crisis, but she was still there when he came back.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_37 - Megan's debut.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Titans_Vol_3_83 - both characters listed in the roster.
    Not sure if that’s “canon” anymore (for whatever “canon” is worth nowadays) but fair enough. Still think they need to actually meet in the now however. Probably would be better off treating any meeting between them as if it’s their first time since it doesn’t look like that run has many fans - or even people who remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I loved thst roster, but couldn't stand the writing
    I don’t remember anything from that era, but going off of the usual quality level of a Titans book I’m guessing it was terrible .
    Agreed. I thought that roster was dope and it had some of my fav teen heroes, but the writing just didn't do it for me. I miss the t-shirt and jeans look for Kon too.
    Used to love that look and I still like the t-shirt and jeans getup for a “Year One” Superman, but I think Conner needs an actual costume by the time he’s matured into a pro at the hero business.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

if you take the Reign movie suit and make the lines on his legs red, make the gloves fingerless, the S shield black and red, you have a pretty "SB" perfect suit.

Course if you take the tshirt and jeans look, add a leather jacket, fingerless gloves, and a pair of glasses to it, it also is "SB" perfect to me
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I feel the same. I'm not a huge fan of M'Gann on the show either, which hurts because I like her comic version.
    yeah M'gann in the comics was always fun. Still loved the whole "Where's the hug button" line from TT when she was on the team, and all I was thinking was "This girl would adore the old Nintedo Boy and his blob game" as there is a hug button in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I miss a lot of things about that era and that version of him, just think it was a shame we lost the cool kid, with the cool jacket, and the cool TTK powers.

the show version of her has went over the line a couple to many times Imo, and she stole kons TK lol. she isn't all bad, but I was always wanting a team up between Conner and Megan in the comics, think they would. compliment each other well in all ways.

wish they would bring make a YJ series with the YJ4=kon, Tim, Cassie and Bart, plus Megan, Virgil, Lorena,Jamie, and always wanted Grant Emerson (Damage) to all be together, perfect next gen team
    I think the thing is I feel like she keeps using her powers in a way that reminds me too much of identity crisis and ticking me off because she shouldn't be erasing memories. And doing that to Kon just feels terrible.

Conner and Megan for a team up, sure, not a fan of them as a romance. I saw her more with someone like Kid Devil.

It would be nice for them to do that, but I feel like DC has a very weird view of their teen heroes.

I'm a Conner and Cassie fan (Cass Cain too!), but I'm perfectly fine with M'gann. What's funny is that I could see her comic counterpart having a serious crush on the 90s version of Kon. It fits the rebel without a cause/jerk with a heart of gold and cute girl next door trope. It reminds me of when the Pre Crisis Kara met Kon. Comic M'gann gives off that same vibe. There was even fanart of Kon and Mary Marvel at an amusement park. Again similar vibes. M'gann could easily see right through him and love him all the more for his personality and mental strength.

I get the displeasure for the YJ version after season 2. That was messed up but remember she is from another planet with probably different standards of love and boundaries. This may even be the first time she was in love and being young and inexperienced led to her making a horrible mistake. We also have Marie's death which I'm sure she partially blames herself for. Not excusing what she did but maybe adding context.

I'm still curious what Tom King would have crafted but there was also Smallville Season 11 where they are dating. I'd like to see them at least team up in the current comics. This new space adventure is an ideal situation where they can display the best of their capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'm a Conner and Cassie fan (Cass Cain too!), but I'm perfectly fine with M'gann. What's funny is that I could see her comic counterpart having a serious crush on the 90s version of Kon. It fits the rebel without a cause/jerk with a heart of gold and cute girl next door trope. It reminds me of when the Pre Crisis Kara met Kon. Comic M'gann gives off that same vibe. There was even fanart of Kon and Mary Marvel at an amusement park. Again similar vibes. M'gann could easily see right through him and love him all the more for his personality and mental strength.

I get the displeasure for the YJ version after season 2. That was messed up but remember she is from another planet with probably different standards of love and boundaries. This may even be the first time she was in love and being young and inexperienced led to her making a horrible mistake. We also have Marie's death which I'm sure she partially blames herself for. Not excusing what she did but maybe adding context.

I'm still curious what Tom King would have crafted but there was also Smallville Season 11 where they are dating. I'd like to see them at least team up in the current comics. This new space adventure is an ideal situation where they can display the best of their capabilities.
    Conner and the skirts .

Now I wonder how Conner would get along with Amy Allen

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    God, that whole thing was how I ended up not being able to stand that relationship due to how it was handled. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with all your arguments because I don't think they lend any greater context to her actions.

What she did had nothing to do with her being from a different culture with different standards for love and boundaries; unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen anything that says martians don't consider telepathically tampering with loved ones' minds without their permission to be wrong.

It had nothing to do with her being young and inexperienced because she knew what she was doing was wrong. There was a reason she tried to do it in secret.

It wasn't a mistake: she deliberately tried to psychically alter Connor's mind, so he'd forget he was upset with her for the way she used her powers. She was only caught because he recognized what her specific psychic touch felt like. Conner even calls her out and asks if she's sorry she did it or sorry she got caught.

What she was horrible and just straight-up abusive behavior.

The comic also seems to have handled the matter in a downright offensive way, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and just assume the pages I've seen are better in context, even I don't see how they explain Conner doing a turnaround from correctly identifying M'gann's actions as horrible to thinking it wasn't that big a deal because she could have forced him after he recognized what she was doing (what she tried to do already counts as her trying to force things)

Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-07-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    God, that whole thing was how I ended up not being able to stand that relationship due to how it was handled. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with all your arguments because I don't think they lend any greater context to her actions.
    That's fine. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

What she did had nothing to do with her being from a different culture with different standards for love and boundaries; unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen anything that says martians don't consider telepathically tampering with loved ones' minds without their permission to be wrong.
    We haven't seen anything that that isn't the case.

It had nothing to do with her being young and inexperienced because she knew what she was doing was wrong. There was a reason she tried to do it in secret.
    Yes it can. When we're young we're are not all developmentally there. They were each other's first love with all the intense emotions and awkwardness that entails and to further complicate that with them being a clone and an alien girl. She did it in secret but we don't know her state of mind. What was said beforehand. How it was said. The raw emotion. Was she panicking and doing it out of desperation for fearing she was about to lose someone she loved. Was she in the middle of backing out the last minute but was too late. It's wrong and irrational but many young people do things that are irrational especially when feelings are involved only to realize how stupid they were afterwards and after growing up.

It wasn't a mistake: she deliberately tried to psychically alter Connor's mind, so he'd forget he was upset with her for the way she used her powers. She was only caught because he recognized what her specific psychic touch felt like. Conner even calls her out and asks if she's sorry she did it or sorry she got caught.

An error in judgement but one she did back away from even though she could have forced it as Conner admitted. Again people have made horrible decisions in their youth which seemed and felt right at the time; In the heat of the moment. As they learn and grow they can look back with a much better clarity perspective they didn't have then.

What she was horrible and just straight-up abusive behavior.

Yes and she has apologized for it. She went through a lot of emotional turmoil and even welcomed death. People can believe in second chances. We can learn from past errors and we can also learn to forgive.

The comic also seems to have handled the matter in a downright offensive way, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and just assume the pages I've seen are better in context, even I don't see how they explain Conner doing a turnaround from correctly identifying M'gann's actions as horrible to thinking it wasn't that big a deal because she could have forced him after he recognized what she was doing (what she tried to do already counts as her trying to force things)
    Due to the nature of time and management in the series there will be moments we won't see and get a clear picture on. After some time Conner could have looked back at the moment a little clearer. I don't know. Who could say.

Incredible Member

Finally! They got their happy ending

FUzj9CAUcAE-29G.jpg

Yeah this was anime as hell. Loved seeing Kon and Kal team up again to fight the Zods. On the whole pretty much everything not connected to Conner or the Zods in S4 wasn’t very good… but I’m just here for Conner at this point so I’m satisfied. If S4 ends up being the last season, it’s a pretty nice ending for Conner that feels like the fulfillment of his growth since S1, and I’d be content with that. Would love to see Kon and Kara go up against each other however.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-09-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Largely enjoyed the ending, though some of the death fakeouts ended up being a little too much for me. Not that I wanted Dick or Rocket to die, but you can only do that so much.

Question: didn't the Legion tell Superman something about doing what Conner would? If so, did they pay that off?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Largely enjoyed the ending, though some of the death fakeouts ended up being a little too much for me. Not that I wanted Dick or Rocket to die, but you can only do that so much.

Question: didn't the Legion tell Superman something about doing what Conner would? If so, did they pay that off?
    They told him he was going to have to fill in for Superboy 10 years from now at some event. Brainiac 5 showing up in the finale however likely means that Conner will still be filling in that role… unless of course the twist is that Jon will be replacing Conner in that role. I don’t see that ever getting any pay off given I really doubt we’re getting another massive time skip for S5 (assuming it happens) given the situation with Kara and Mary demands a follow up in the short term. Nor do I think the show is going to run long enough to “naturally” get there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They told him he was going to have to fill in for Superboy 10 years from now at some event. Brainiac 5 showing up in the finale however likely means that Conner will still be filling in that role… unless of course the twist is that Jon will be replacing Conner in that role. I don’t see that ever getting any pay off given I really doubt we’re getting another massive time skip for S5 (assuming it happens) given the situation with Kara and Mary demands a follow up in the short term. Nor do I think the show is going to run long enough to “naturally” get there.
    Considering that Kara has finally appeared on the show, there is no doubt that she will side with the team and Justice League next season and goes to the future to join the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Apparently chances for Season 5 increased a bit.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/0...tice-season-5/