Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least animated movie Conner still made a pass at Mercy .
    In the comics I seem to remember he had a very specific... blonde... reason for stopping.

I think DC is deliberately keeping him away from relationships or even having a passing thought about someone so they can have a terrible writer (we have one writing him now) fit in whatever person they want too.

BTW Conner is more than his relationships, his character is very unique and fun to read, he is someone you look forward to reading all by himself.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Bare in mind Conner's had a good series that was canned before New 52 started. There was a lot going on there and could have been a great place for Conner to grow and have an interesting story away from the others in YJ and still come back to them. I feel though Conner needs people to bounce off of. He's a social being so naturally you need others around him to talk to and talk with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Bare in mind Conner's had a good series that was canned before New 52 started. There was a lot going on there and could have been a great place for Conner to grow and have an interesting story away from the others in YJ and still come back to them. I feel though Conner needs people to bounce off of. He's a social being so naturally you need others around him to talk to and talk with.
    Just another thing curtailed by the New 52...

Just another thing curtailed by the New 52...
    Lot of their choices for the New 52 incarnation of Superboy were so bizarre and goofy, no idea why they felt they had to change him up so dramatically but Kal and Kara were left recognizable.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

things I liked about the new 52 superboy
    TTK senses, this is physical and mental senses
    smart
    equally as powerful
    barcode S tattoo

and the funny thing is, the Titans superboy has all these (minus any TK or psychic type stuff).

BTW the new 52 had the ability to touch something and read /scan it, not just things like islands and alcoholic drinks, but his own DNA, and others minds. literally could understand or see everything with this power, and I freaking love it,and wish this one power would be used in the comics.

TTK anything I come in contact with I know all aboit and control it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lot of their choices for the New 52 incarnation of Superboy were so bizarre and goofy, no idea why they felt they had to change him up so dramatically but Kal and Kara were left recognizable.
    New 52 had a huge array of strange character changes...some were kinda cool.. but might as well have been new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    New 52 had a huge array of strange character changes...some were kinda cool.. but might as well have been new characters.
    And in the New 52 Superboy example he pretty much was. Didn’t he end up being a clone of Clark and Lois son from the future or whatever? Weird because YJ was out at the same time so a bunch of people were familiar with Conner’s post-Johns origin of being a Clark/Lex hybrid and liked him. But he’s the one they wanted to dramatically change instead of Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And in the New 52 Superboy example he pretty much was. Didn’t he end up being a clone of Clark and Lois son from the future or whatever? Weird because YJ was out at the same time so a bunch of people were familiar with Conner’s post-Johns origin of being a Clark/Lex hybrid and liked him. But he’s the one they wanted to dramatically change instead of Kara.
    well, They made Kara ridiculously angsty, and generally have a new personality entirely. the Red Lantern Kara thing was cool, but the lead-up was pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    TTK senses, this is physical and mental senses
    i would love Con to pick this up
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    i would love Con to pick this up

could have been saved if they kept him a clone of Clark and lex, and said he was kidnapped, had his kryptonian DNA suppressed(the opposite of the YJ show), and his memory gone.

I think it's a huge loss if DC doesn't bring in the tactile senses /epige tic memory, both are used really well in the new 52 book and the Titans show, and it brings so much to his character. all they would need to do is bring his TTK back, and add it to the physical TK abilities.

Not a bad redesign .

black in the S and the jacket option for perfection

Not a bad redesign .
    Felt like this was the best combo I’ve seen of his 90s outfit + the black t-shirt look