Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

YJ Dark Crisis #2 is both wild and awful. You get homophobic Batman, Cissie continuing to be a total ******* for no real reason, oh and Conner is drinking the Kool-Aid and wants to stay in fantasyland while everyone else wants to leave. It’s real bad! I get that the aim of this is seemingly how the boys need to move on but it’s not a story that’s going to endear you to anyone in it. Guess Kon is going to get retraumatized by Lex next issue lmao.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    YJ Dark Crisis #2 is both wild and awful. You get homophobic Batman, Cissie continuing to be a total ******* for no real reason, oh and Conner is drinking the Kool-Aid and wants to stay in fantasyland while everyone else wants to leave. It’s real bad! I get that the aim of this is seemingly how the boys need to move on but it’s not a story that’s going to endear you to anyone in it. Guess Kon is going to get retraumatized by Lex next issue lmao.
    Story is basically saying that YJ being lighthearted was bad and the fans are wrong for wanting them NOT to suffer needlessly or be edgy.

My expectations for Tim's solo decrease by the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My expectations for Tim's solo decrease by the issue.
    Thank Christ Conner at least has that Porter mini coming. Way more faith in that than anything Fitzmartin will do here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Good grief this was bad. Some of the people giving this a good review admitted they didn't like Peter David's run and used this along with Fitsmartin as a way to air out their grievances with the 90s and early 00s. Mischaracterizations all around with Cissie being the worst offender. How did this get the green light? I want this writer away from this group and away from Conner especially.
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 07-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Amazing Member

I rarely post, but after reading dark crisis, young justice #2, I feel compelled to.
    The characterization of the YJ4 is off and its coming off very revisionist.
    Spoilers
    1. While Cissie retired from Arrowette, she never came off as regretting her superhero career.
    2. If anyone outside of the WonderFamily knows Cassie, it’s Conner. Him not knowing her innermost secrets ignores a decade of their story.
    3. We get it, Megan Fitzmartin. You want Kon/Tim and you’re being obvious with the constant hand holding between the two. Please don’t force it on the readers, because you want it.
    4.Tim hasn’t been referred to as an idiot nor immature in his character history. Why is some of his closest friends referring to him as such.

Her mischaracterization of the YJ group rivals Felicia Henderson’s run on Titans.

I think clone boy, aka Conner Kent, is going to come out of Dark Crisis: Young Justice as a clone man. He’ll take on a new name. Something like Action Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    I rarely post, but after reading dark crisis, young justice #2, I feel compelled to.
    The characterization of the YJ4 is off and its coming off very revisionist.
    Spoilers
    1. While Cissie retired from Arrowette, she never came off as regretting her superhero career.
    2. If anyone outside of the WonderFamily knows Cassie, it’s Conner. Him not knowing her innermost secrets ignores a decade of their story.
    3. We get it, Megan Fitzmartin. You want Kon/Tim and you’re being obvious with the constant hand holding between the two. Please don’t force it on the readers, because you want it.
    4.Tim hasn’t been referred to as an idiot nor immature in his character history. Why is some of his closest friends referring to him as such.

Her mischaracterization of the YJ group rivals Felicia Henderson’s run on Titans.
    Agreed on all of this. Not to mention Bart was closer to Wally than to Barry. I noticed the hand holding too. I'm getting nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    Yes but focusing on the KonCassie relationship would mean -
    - she’d have to acknowledge Conner being straight in a way that doesn’t align with her fanfic sensibilities. This whole mini is going to be major queerbait because if she could put Kon and Tim together she would. But we know she won’t because Tim is solicited to still be with Bernard by the time of his solo. Given this mini’s trip down memory lane I’m sure we’ll get some kind of focus on the time Tim tried to clone a new Conner.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think clone boy, aka Conner Kent, is going to come out of Dark Crisis: Young Justice as a clone man. He’ll take on a new name. Something like Action Man.
    I don’t think so. Tim is reverting back to Robin, Bart is staying as Impulse, unlikely that Conner would be the odd man out in getting a new name. Especially since he has that Superboy mini coming, if he gets a name change anywhere I think it will be there since I expect him to get a new costume at least.

Honestly if this mini is all the YJ crew has to offer I stand by my earlier beliefs: time for Conner to ditch these losers and move on, he’s the only one who has been a major success still because of YJ and Titans. He’s not getting anything out of this team anymore and it’s only holding him back.

They've even given Bart some of the horny lines...

Spectacular Member

Yes but focusing on the KonCassie relationship would mean -

- she’d have to acknowledge Conner being straight in a way that doesn’t align with her fanfic sensibilities. This whole mini is going to be major queerbait because if she could put Kon and Tim together she would. But we know she won’t because Tim is solicited to still be with Bernard by the time of his solo. Given this mini’s trip down memory lane I’m sure we’ll get some kind of focus on the time Tim tried to clone a new Conner.

I don’t think so. Tim is reverting back to Robin, Bart is staying as Impulse, unlikely that Conner would be the odd man out in getting a new name. Especially since he has that Superboy mini coming, if he gets a name change anywhere I think it will be there since I expect him to get a new costume at least.

Honestly if this mini is all the YJ crew has to offer I stand by my earlier beliefs: time for Conner to ditch these losers and move on, he’s the only one who has been a major success still because of YJ and Titans. He’s not getting anything out of this team anymore and it’s only holding him back.
    Oh interesting, so there may very well be some canon coding of Conner as queer now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've even given Bart some of the horny lines...
    And he’s the one Weisman wanted to make gay in the YJ cartoon!

And he’s the one Weisman wanted to make gay in the YJ cartoon!
    Irony thy name is DC .

bad, so freaking bad... and as a Conner fan, I'm pretty pissed on so many levels. all a bunch of shite, thanks DC
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Excited to see what happens to Conner after he gets out of homophobic land.