Page 63 of 111 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/kenblakeporter/s...vEIyQXAx2J48Nw
    Hey did Superboy get canned? I've been looking forward to it since the first round of this year's Round Robin and just want to know cause I hate looking for updates and only ever seeing the date get pushed back and back

Nope! Not canned at all. Scheduling just changed for release. We’re actively working on it!
    Yeah I think my guess that the Superboy mini will release in Jan as part of the post-Dark Crisis relaunch or new wave of titles was correct. Gives Lindsay more time to get ahead on the art and will hopefully mean more eyes on the series when it releases, so I’m cool with it even if it is a bit of a bummer we have to wait longer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

I love that costume for Cassie. Too bad I don't like the YJ TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    After watching that stop making Superman Jesus vid, I at least want someone to carry on the reins of the GA Supes. Conner's background makes it ok for him to be that rough around the edges champion of the oppressed. He can use his Luthor intellect to go undercover and tackle issues that some might feel is uncomfortable for Supes.
    Clark is a reporter and a grown man who is Superman, he's experienced/knows the worst humanity has to offer. In fact, I think these things are what should drive him to do more. Anybody (not calling you out) who thinks Clark will get uncomfortable with certain things misses the point of Superman. They also can't make a good argument on why he's some "symbol of hope" for humanity.

Also, I don't see Conner really doing any of that; just not who his character is.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Clark is a reporter and a grown man who is Superman, he's experienced/knows the worst humanity has to offer. In fact, I think these things are what should drive him to do more. Anybody (not calling you out) who thinks Clark will get uncomfortable with certain things misses the point of Superman. They also can't make a good argument on why he's some "symbol of hope" for humanity.

Also, I don't see Conner really doing any of that; just not who his character is.
    No worries. I could have worded that better. I didn't mean Clark being uncomfortable but rather a certain segment off his fan base. I applauded the new 52 Tee shirt golden age call back but some people weren't comfortable with this take. They didn't want to see him side with the protesters against the cops during Greg Pak's run as another example. Conner is a show boat but does genuinely love to help people. He hates bullies and is willing to throw a punch back. His old self also liked getting recognized for it but he grew past that during his time with the Kents and especially after his resurrection. Which is why it's jarring his current depiction has regressed him to his initial personality.

I love that costume for Cassie. Too bad I don't like the YJ TV show.
    Yep this is my favorite look for Cassie also
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Conner sees ppl in "a heroes view " not any other way ,at least not yet .he sees everything thru that lens .
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

BTW has everyone seen the backup story in Action Comics? It's got Kara,Jon,John,Kong,and Conner taking on conduit.it's nice to see the "family" interacting ,even if in this generic way ,and with a artist who isn't my 1st choice .

Did you see how PKG wrote Conner with the most personality and attitude ? The artist even drew him egging conduit on lol

BTW has everyone seen the backup story in Action Comics? It's got Kara,Jon,John,Kong,and Conner taking on conduit.it's nice to see the "family" interacting ,even if in this generic way ,and with a artist who isn't my 1st choice .

Did you see how PKG wrote Conner with the most personality and attitude ? The artist even drew him egging conduit on lol
    Yeah I’ve liked the little glimpses we’ve gotten of PKJ’s take on Conner so far, looking forward to the big team up coming to see how he’ll write Conner in the main story where he’ll have more room to flesh Conner out.

Incredible Member

Someone pointed out that while everyone was standing around normally, Kon was floating while sitting cross-legged, and now I can't unsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    No worries. I could have worded that better. I didn't mean Clark being uncomfortable but rather a certain segment off his fan base. I applauded the new 52 Tee shirt golden age call back but some people weren't comfortable with this take. They didn't want to see him side with the protesters against the cops during Greg Pak's run as another example. Conner is a show boat but does genuinely love to help people. He hates bullies and is willing to throw a punch back. His old self also liked getting recognized for it but he grew past that during his time with the Kents and especially after his resurrection. Which is why it's jarring his current depiction has regressed him to his initial personality.
    Well, that's what happens when you keep your character apolitical for years. I can see why some people have a hard time with Superman getting political, it just won't work. However, Clark Kent investigates a protest and uncovers the truth behind what really happened. I can totally see that. Clark doesn't need Superman to get political, he's a reporter after all.

Eh, I'm blegh on Conner's time with the Kents. One, they made him a Clark Kent-lite. Two, Conner's "growth" was jarring because it all came from one comic, that just had YJ acting out of character (unless there is another comic I need to read before Graduation). I can't say that Conner actually matured since we never got to actually see the growth. The vast majority of it happened in one comic, then readers had to accept the new Teen Titans Conner. Now, I'm spouting off what I know. Did he stay with the Kents prior to Graduation Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’ve liked the little glimpses we’ve gotten of PKJ’s take on Conner so far, looking forward to the big team up coming to see how he’ll write Conner in the main story where he’ll have more room to flesh Conner out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Someone pointed out that while everyone was standing around normally, Kon was floating while sitting cross-legged, and now I can't unsee it.

Yeah you can see kon being kon in this so well.the jokes,the fun dodging blasts and making faces ,the sitting in air ,PKG actually gets how kon isn't just a generic super family member (which everyone else in this story looked to me ,my opinion of course),he has real personality,you can actually get to know him and see that he is a character that is "real" here.

Well, that's what happens when you keep your character apolitical for years. I can see why some people have a hard time with Superman getting political, it just won't work. However, Clark Kent investigates a protest and uncovers the truth behind what really happened. I can totally see that. Clark doesn't need Superman to get political, he's a reporter after all.

Eh, I'm blegh on Conner's time with the Kents. One, they made him a Clark Kent-lite. Two, Conner's "growth" was jarring because it all came from one comic, that just had YJ acting out of character (unless there is another comic I need to read before Graduation). I can't say that Conner actually matured since we never got to actually see the growth. The vast majority of it happened in one comic, then readers had to accept the new Teen Titans Conner. Now, I'm spouting off what I know. Did he stay with the Kents prior to Graduation Day?

Last issue of his 100 issue run he went to go live with them,then in Batgirl he was shown being there,being a Lil more buff,being called Conner.then straight into the Titans book.

the idea of him hanging out with the Kents is great. It just makes sense. The trick is that making him Clark jr is bad.... Otherwise it's great. Especially seeing the way the Kents reacted to seeing Cassie show up to hang out with Conner.

Yep this is my favorite look for Cassie also
    Hmm... I dislike the opera gloves, but other than that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    the idea of him hanging out with the Kents is great. It just makes sense. The trick is that making him Clark jr is bad.... Otherwise it's great. Especially seeing the way the Kents reacted to seeing Cassie show up to hang out with Conner.

Hmm... I dislike the opera gloves, but other than that is fine.
    I don’t really feel the same truth be told. Oh I think they should meet and they should try to have a relationship, but the Kents are going to try and treat him like Clark, try and curb what they see as “bad behavior” and I think Conner would resist that the same he resists Lex’s attempt to control him. His fierce independent streak for me means he can’t stand living with the Kents in Smallville for long.