Page 64 of 111 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t really feel the same truth be told. Oh I think they should meet and they should try to have a relationship, but the Kents are going to try and treat him like Clark, try and curb what they see as “bad behavior” and I think Conner would resist that the same he resists Lex’s attempt to control him. His fierce independent streak for me means he can’t stand living with the Kents in Smallville for long.
    Which is exactly what we should have for from Geoff TT run ,but instead he gave us as close to genric super guy as he could .he really squeezed as much of his actual original character put if him .yes you can see it sometimes and I still enjoyed the TT series ,but he was always missing something ,same for now imo.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I don’t really feel the same truth be told. Oh I think they should meet and they should try to have a relationship, but the Kents are going to try and treat him like Clark, try and curb what they see as “bad behavior” and I think Conner would resist that the same he resists Lex’s attempt to control him. His fierce independent streak for me means he can’t stand living with the Kents in Smallville for long.
    Honestly? that feels a little too... judgey on the part of the Kents. They'd encourage him to do things they thought would be beneficial to him.. but... I don't see them as the sort of people to aggressively discourage him from doing things simply because they don't like them. It'd be if they had a proper reason to. Maybe one Conner disagrees with... But a reason more involved than not liking it.

For example: The Conner+Cassie story had Conner and Cassie do more than just sleeping in the same room at the farm. What did the Kents think? well... they seemed happy to meet Cassie, and that was about it really. They were very welcoming... in the "welcome to the family" way and you got the impression they were expecting Conner to marry Cassie. But that was about it really.

My perfect Conner /kon would be a mix of Titans ,YJ,Reign,OG SB,New 52,smallville season 11.

Titans = all the powers ,but for flight .has the S barcode tattoo,plus epigenetic memory.

YJ= frozen at younger age

Reign= has same eye color as lex

OG SB= TTK and the touch rules that go with it .leather jacket,awesome personality and attitude .

New 52= touch senses ,S barcode tattoo ,intelligence

Smallville season 11= all the kryptonian powers ,but for flight .TK grants him flight and TK abilities

So a binary hybrid clone created with all the kryptonian powers besides flight.his solar cells generate aura he can expand and control .if he touches something he can manipulate and scan things ,if he wants to expand it farther ,it'll be short range full TK.So he has a very powerful power set,but has limits put on it.he is stuck at a young 18ish year old form,which keeps him about a foot shorter than Clark and makes his kryptonian powers weaker because of this.he has epigenetic memory ,so.he has access to all Clark and lexs memories ,desires ,and feelings ,but also their massive intelligence.he should have a very human feel to him ,not just thst he needs to eat,sleep,and gets actually tired,but his attitude and humor .he should wear a badass leather jacket (the original all in yellow for me ),a S barcode tattoo,so he is reminded of lex,wears glasses.to cover this up.he will be the ultimate Peter pan ,able to do more than most ,but still to young to do it all.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly? that feels a little too... judgey on the part of the Kents. They'd encourage him to do things they thought would be beneficial to him.. but... I don't see them as the sort of people to aggressively discourage him from doing things simply because they don't like them. It'd be if they had a proper reason to. Maybe one Conner disagrees with... But a reason more involved than not liking it.

For example: The Conner+Cassie story had Conner and Cassie do more than just sleeping in the same room at the farm. What did the Kents think? well... they seemed happy to meet Cassie, and that was about it really. They were very welcoming... in the "welcome to the family" way and you got the impression they were expecting Conner to marry Cassie. But that was about it really.
    I agree with this perception. The contrast with the courtship with Lana or the long play of Lois is stark.

I mean Pa banned Clark from playing sports so they absolutely are the kind of people who would put their foot down. And frankly the take on the Kents where they’re flawless saints bores me, if there’s not some kind of conflict between Conner and the Kents then why pair them together at all? Just to give Conner the same upbringing as Clark? Lame. Plus:

They weren’t very fond of Conner when they first saw him!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I mean Pa banned Clark from playing sports so they absolutely are the kind of people who would put their foot down. And frankly the take on the Kents where they’re flawless saints bores me, if there’s not some kind of conflict between Conner and the Kents then why pair them together at all? Just to give Conner the same upbringing as Clark? Lame. Plus:

well, this was not Martha saying she thought Conner was a terrible person, merely not Clark... because he didn't ACT like Clark. Then later Martha tried to influence him yeah.

Also, wasn't the think with telling Clark not to play sports because of his powers? I mean... a Kryptonian in football?

well, this was not Martha saying she thought Conner was a terrible person, merely not Clark... because he didn't ACT like Clark. Then later Martha tried to influence him yeah.

Also, wasn't the think with telling Clark not to play sports because of his powers? I mean... a Kryptonian in football?
    She’s very clearly disapproving towards Conner, I don’t see any other interpretation of her dialogue discussing how he acts. I’m not saying them banning Clark from sports was wrong, but it shows they have a very clear idea of how one should act and that plus their disapproval of Conner’s prior actions makes it pretty clear cut to me that they would not just let Kon act the way he did were he under their authority.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm partial to Conner being with the Kents because I got into Conner through Johns' Conner, though the best part was Conner with Krypto.

I like him with the Kents. You get plenty of gold moments like this:

She’s very clearly disapproving towards Conner, I don’t see any other interpretation of her dialogue discussing how he acts. I’m not saying them banning Clark from sports was wrong, but it shows they have a very clear idea of how one should act and that plus their disapproval of Conner’s prior actions makes it pretty clear cut to me that they would not just let Kon act the way he did were he under their authority.
    Hmm... True, BUT.. at the same time... They didn't try to tell him not to "spend the night" with Cassie while he was living there. Instead... they seemed to encourage the two of them.
    tumblr_n6dusuhVwx1t4ejhso1_500.jpg
    R.jpg

Astonishing Member

It seems Martha is mainly frustrated with all the situation. All these Supermen appering and this affecting Jonatan's heart.

I think Clark was "death" at that point, right? This likely affected her reaction to Conner too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-28-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Admittedly Jonathan wasn't too keen on him earlier on but given the circumstances at the time who could blame him. 4 opportunitist coming in to lay claim to your dead son's legacy would stir up some nasty feelings.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Last issue of his 100 issue run he went to go live with them,then in Batgirl he was shown being there,being a Lil more buff,being called Conner.then straight into the Titans book.
    Thanks for the info.