Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1660

Kara going off into space worked out pretty well for her, any luck and Conner will likewise give us a good cosmic story that will hopefully give him a new costume and a new direction (I’d hope for a new code name too but that’s unlikely). Porter’s DC Mech mini has been good fun thus far, hopefully his Superboy mini is the same. I’m more positive towards the New 52 than most but it screwed Conner over hard and ever since he’s just been floundering around. It really should not be this hard for DC to find a niche for the clone son of Clark & Lex with strong ties to the Jack Kirby corners of Superman’s world. Rather see that explored over bringing in the Bats or navalgazing over the Titans/YJ era.

(Of course I consider the Titans a zombie franchise and think Conner is better off not being tied at the hip to them so I’m biased).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kara going off into space worked out pretty well for her, any luck and Conner will likewise give us a good cosmic story that will hopefully give him a new costume and a new direction (I’d hope for a new code name too but that’s unlikely). Porter’s DC Mech mini has been good fun thus far, hopefully his Superboy mini is the same. I’m more positive towards the New 52 than most but it screwed Conner over hard and ever since he’s just been floundering around. It really should not be this hard for DC to find a niche for the clone son of Clark & Lex with strong ties to the Jack Kirby corners of Superman’s world. Rather see that explored over bringing in the Bats or navalgazing over the Titans/YJ era.

(Of course I consider the Titans a zombie franchise and think Conner is better off not being tied at the hip to them so I’m biased).
    I mean, Kara's already back on Earth for Dark Crisis .

I wish they gave him a new look(using the 2 main looks of his )new code name (Scion is my choice,but kon-el is fine with me )and direction ,hell I'm open to almost anything ,as long as he is in character .

The new 52 have the Titans show the idea for the epigentic memory ,just without using the mind dispersed thru his body idea,I really hope he gets thst somehow BTW,and the S barcode tattoo .new 52 SB also took joe Kelly's huge power spike last page where kon destroyed every gun in LA ,and gave a "how" to it ,by using his TTK senses ,wherever his energy goes he can scan.so it wasn't all bad to me .he was powerful and smart ,2 things the real kon has to fight for all his existence.

Actually showing him with lex should be a no brainer but DC has done its best to keep the 2 apart from each other.his original series had such great ideas flowing thru it ,it's a shame they aren't being used now for him .

Even though I love the YJ team I also just want him to go his own way and build his own Lil piece of the DCU ,make him a 3d character again ,not barely 2d like we have gotten since he has been back .

I want him to be said to be 19
    Shown and told he still has HIS TTK,and that as a binary hybrid clone his powers might be slower to emerge and power up as the full bloods,but that he is getting more powerful over time ,both kryptonian and TTK.

Epigentic memory
    S barcode tattoo
    Green eyes (hidden by his glasses)
    Find a way to make these happen in the comics plz

Oh and this is another loon I like for him,add the black leather jacket (no spikes or patches,just a yellow S on the back of it)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Kara's already back on Earth for Dark Crisis .
    Nobody escapes the black hole that is line wide events but it was a good mini that I loved. That’s all I really want for Conner at this point, a story starring him in a solo capacity that dives deep into who he is, how he’s different from the other Supers, and sets him up for what’s next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Bring back my couple!

I wish she was going with Conner into space, not like they’re doing anything all that meaningful with her right now.

Heh it’s funny to me that SuperX kept asking for writers to acknowledge Kon’s TTK and then we get Fitzmartin apparently doing that (from what I’ve been told, I’m not reading myself anymore) along with everything else. Must’ve wished on a monkey’s paw SuperX

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I wish she was going with Conner into space, not like they’re doing anything all that meaningful with her right now.

Heh it’s funny to me that SuperX kept asking for writers to acknowledge Kon’s TTK and then we get Fitzmartin apparently doing that (from what I’ve been told, I’m not reading myself anymore) along with everything else. Must’ve wished on a monkey’s paw SuperX
    I don't know, Fitzmartin does seem to have done the impossible and united several camps against a common foe.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Bring back my couple!

What book is that from? As far as I knew, she went straight from black bob to blonde pigtails - I've never seen her in a black haired version of the pigtailed look before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What book is that from? As far as I knew, she went straight from black bob to blonde pigtails - I've never seen her in a black haired version of the pigtailed look before.
    Wonder Woman 153. It was a very short lived outfit...like 1 issue.

Nobody escapes the black hole that is line wide events but it was a good mini that I loved. That’s all I really want for Conner at this point, a story starring him in a solo capacity that dives deep into who he is, how he’s different from the other Supers, and sets him up for what’s next.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't know, Fitzmartin does seem to have done the impossible and united several camps against a common foe.

Yeah all I want is for kon to stand apart,so he can stand out .I think he is radically different than any other member of the super family ,they just don't show it or push it far enough.

Don't remind me the 1st time in feels line forever we get mention of TTK and it's by this writer ,in thst book ugh,jeez thanks DC.now if it showed up in the Titans United series now that would blow my mind ,wouldn't surprise me though ,that's how smallville allowed Conner to fly ,so I see the Titans show going there also ,even if it takes seasons.if we don't see it in his man of tomorrow mini it would be such a missed opportunity ,he could really really let it rip out there in space .

YJDC deserves every bad word it gets from fans,I can't see anybody being OK with this stuff and if you were I wouldn't take them serous ever again
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Everything about Tim/Kon drama in Dark Crisis YJ is annoying and the worst parts of Timkon fans on twitter/AO3/tumblr. I mean Tim's rant was basically a tumblr post on all the reasons Tim loved Conner or something and having a bunch of character derailment on Kon's end and retcons be used to set it up along with doing it in the middle of a fight for for a few pages to emphasized it which messed up the flow of the fight as well, made it feel like some kind of forced PSA. Not to mentioned the forced drama on an issue that was resolved 10 years ago and the bashing of Steph/Timsteph and KonCassie.

And the stuff with Bart is again just fanon as Tim and Conner always made time for Bart and valued him and never excluded him to where he felt neglected.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 09-25-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Everything about Tim/Kon drama in Dark Crisis YJ is annoying and the worst parts of Timkon fans on twitter/AO3/tumblr. I mean Tim's rant was basically a tumblr post on all the reasons Tim loved Conner or something and having a bunch of character derailment on Kon's end and retcons be used to set it up along with doing it in the middle of a fight for for a few pages to emphasized it which messed up the flow of the fight as well, made it feel like some kind of forced PSA. Not to mentioned the forced drama on an issue that was resolved 10 years ago and the bashing of Steph/Timsteph and KonCassie.

And the stuff with Bart is again just fanon as Tim and Conner always made time for Bart and valued him and never excluded him to where he felt neglected.
    This writer is a hack,and NOTHING she writes should be taken serious,it all should be swept under the rug as soon as we get done reading her constant wack fanfic writing

Has there been any update on when the "Superboy: Man of Tomorrow" mini is getting released?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Has there been any update on when the "Superboy: Man of Tomorrow" mini is getting released?
    I personally think it will launch as part of the new superman family status quo spinning out of action 1050 and that's why it hasn't been solicited yet. I think we'll get some announcements at NYCC next weekend.