Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing them interact again, but I also don’t know if there’s much point anymore. Maybe Conner would be better off building a new supporting cast that would be his, rather than relying on cross franchise friends.
    Agreed. He needs to stand on his own with his own supporting cast. Relying on the other YJ crew becomes a problem with editorial hamstrunging every decision and makes him further detached from civilian life. Well as close as he can get to it. If he goes to Earth 3, I'd like to see some interesting characters he may run into.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's fair. Not sure how likely that is short of DC giving him a new solo/mini.

It is kind of hilarious to me that they jumped Jon into a Superman book instead of giving him a Superboy solo.
    Yeah I'm still bewildered. Kon and Kara should have been co-supermen with Jon as Superboy serving as their protege. Kind of like Future Gohan training Trunks in DBZ.

Has anybody ever thought of how a version of conner, much closer to the YJ shows SB would do during the Reign of the Supermen, what would happen, how he would do things different?

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Has anybody ever thought of how a version of conner, much closer to the YJ shows SB would do during the Reign of the Supermen, what would happen, how he would do things different?

Not till you asked.

YJ Conner is a bit more mature and less of a grandstander. He had expierence being a fake superman back in season 2 but this is a larger endeavor. He'd be less interested in chasing clout and going after the fake Superman. I figured he'd eventually become more a mix of Morrison's Action Comics and whatever Taylor is doing in Jon's book. Or you could have him be more of a tinkerer/scientist and reference Morrison's Authority miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Probably somewhere between Grant Morrison's tee shirt Supes and Tom Strong. Leaping champion of the oppressed with the technical skills to build a visor for heat vision and maybe something like a flight ring built in shield like the one he had when he lost his powers. He wouldn't have been a media hound and actively try to avoid the limelight. In fact he'd be close to Steel in temperment and interest in tech.

I keep imagining every scene played out different, from the time the newsboy Legion broke him out, to him fighting ol hank Henshaw, saving Metropolis from the rocket, to making it back to engine city to help save the day. It would all have played out different,and I don't think he would just fail just because his powerset is different, sure he can't fly, but he is physically more powerful and has most of the super senses.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Look who (with the other YJ4) showed up in the newest (free next week I think) story of Wayne's family adventures. Yep, only the coolest clone you will ever know lol.

Lol I am kind of curious what the fanfic version of Conner is like (shipping aside).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Lol I am kind of curious what the fanfic version of Conner is like (shipping aside).
    Loves playing Lex and Clark against each other like divorced parents. Bad relationship with Clark and abandons the Superverse for the Batfamily in more angst-ridden fanfics, but I don't think that's what's going on here.

As for mainline comics, Suicide Squad just finished setting up War On Earth 3 and from solicits it looks like Thompson is leaving after that event is over, so I hope he gets to write something with Kon in the event before leaving. His Annual was easily the best issue in the run.

Having the YJ4 show up in Wayne's family adventures is big, atleast to me, it opens the door to new eyes toward these characters,and brings new life into a group thst isn't used much or well Imo.

Conner and Cassie look like seniors who are the cool kids, but also the good kids. They got Conners description right, but got Cassie wrong, she is no longer Zeus's kid, but the kid of his kid.

BTW his hair in this is like his during his 2nd supersuit in his original series (and the remainder of the YJ series), which is just a bangs up version of his YJ TV shows haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Loves playing Lex and Clark against each other like divorced parents. Bad relationship with Clark and abandons the Superverse for the Batfamily in more angst-ridden fanfics, but I don't think that's what's going on here.

As for mainline comics, Suicide Squad just finished setting up War On Earth 3 and from solicits it looks like Thompson is leaving after that event is over, so I hope he gets to write something with Kon in the event before leaving. His Annual was easily the best issue in the run.

The annual really was the best issue by far, and I hope kon shows up in the crossover, but I don't know if he will, only thing Ive seen is the connecting cover with a Pic thst might be him, but it is him in the tshirt and jeans, and with the wrong S shield on it.

Kon desperately needs more page time somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I could honestly roll with Conner not being on close terms with Clark if it came from somewhere other than boring daddy issues. Him joining the Batfamily would kill me though , God I hate how so many people view that franchise as the sun around which everything else orbits.
    Sadly I don’t think Conner’s getting anything solo for a while, much as I would love to be wrong. I dug how Thompson wrote him and wouldn’t mind reading more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

So the earth 3 Connor we saw might just be the other half of Match, the personality that keeps him from just being bizarro boy

I was fine with Conner staying with the girl from Amethyst's home dimension and him being a father. It's U
    uncharted territory for him and something you can't do with Clark.

Plus Conner helping her adjust to his dimension would've been fun.

From the other thread-

I was a fan of Jak and Daxter as a teen. So I'd add a pet genomorph as a helpful sidekick.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2022 at 10:48 AM.

I could honestly roll with Conner not being on close terms with Clark if it came from somewhere other than boring daddy issues. Him joining the Batfamily would kill me though , God I hate how so many people view that franchise as the sun around which everything else orbits.

Sadly I don’t think Conner’s getting anything solo for a while, much as I would love to be wrong. I dug how Thompson wrote him and wouldn’t mind reading more.

Kon was in Hawaii for 10 years, so besides getting together to deal with a villian or something, they really different have much of a relationship.

Conner should look at lex as bad, but with potential, and Clark as always good meaning, but seeing things a lil different than him.

Thompson wrote him with respect, he didn't seem like a flake or weak, he wrote him as a smart and concerned guy who has been doing this for a while.