Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So the earth 3 Connor we saw might just be the other half of Match, the personality that keeps him from just being bizarro boy

I doubt that, he takes a drug to keep his mind from fracturing like his look already has, but it's still him, there isn't 2 personalities stuck insode his body fighting for supremecy.

If thst isn't actually Conner on the cover then it might be the earth 3 counterpart to Conner, luthor El.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was fine with Conner staying with the girl from Amethyst's home dimension and him being a father. It's U
    uncharted territory for him and something you can't do with Clark.

Plus Conner helping her adjust to his dimension would've been fun.

From the other thread-

I was a fan of Jak and Daxter as a teen. So I'd add a pet genomorph as a helpful sidekick.

I thought it was weird thst he left thst girl alone with a baby on a planet that probably isn't easy for her to get by on. Should have brought her back to his earth,had her be a supporting cast member, not necessarily as a wife and his kid, but a person he has sworn to help and make sure is alright.

If they ever retcon his origin to Cadmus using the Lil genomorphs to teach him,they could easily keep atleast one around as a useful ally(more supporting cast)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

I was fine with Conner staying with the girl from Amethyst's home dimension and him being a father. It's U
    uncharted territory for him and something you can't do with Clark.

Plus Conner helping her adjust to his dimension would've been fun.

From the other thread-

I was a fan of Jak and Daxter as a teen. So I'd add a pet genomorph as a helpful sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wouldnÂ’t mind seeing them interact again, but I also donÂ’t know if thereÂ’s much point anymore. Maybe Conner would be better off building a new supporting cast that would be his, rather than relying on cross franchise friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Agreed. He needs to stand on his own with his own supporting cast. Relying on the other YJ crew becomes a problem with editorial hamstrunging every decision and makes him further detached from civilian life. Well as close as he can get to it. If he goes to Earth 3, I'd like to see some interesting characters he may run into.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    It's called being desperate.

What they should have done is have Conner take the superman mantle, Jon as a kid take the superboy mantle, then have them team up like dick and Damian did, it would have been amazing Imo.

Actually I am VERY VERY happy, that the whole thing with the girl from the Amethyst Dimension was Fake.

Cassie was the right Girlfriend for him and Future Wife.
    They went trough so much and are a nice perfect couple, which also brings the 2 biggest Superhero Families in DC closer together.

Carrying the girl from the other dimension and the baby with him would make him INCREDIBLE BORING and destroy his uniqueness, coolness and Trillions of possible storylines with him.
    The Same is with him becoming Superman.

Jonathan needs the title of Superman, because he is designed to be only that.
    Conner and Dick Grayson instead are better if they are their OWN character and DONT get limited by taking over the mantle of Superman and Batman.
    Like I already said I like the Idea that Conner ISNT bound to the big blue boyscout rules, he ISNT LIMITED by being forced by others to be the perfect boyscout etc.

Regarding the supporting cast-Just bring the couple Cassie and Conner back together, let them move back to Hawaii, be a couple again (the BETTER, COOLER Version of Diana-Clark).

Like I already said:

-Give Conner the NEW52 Superman Powers and Power Levels
    -Give him the T-Shirt, Jeans, Boots Look and Leather Jacket, together with Pilot Sunglasses
    -Give him Lex Luthors Intelligence Level
    -let him marry Cassie

+Give him a green Lantern+blue Lantern Ring (or alternatively the white lantern ring back)

-For Cassie I would simply use the Pre-Flashpoint Artemis of Bana Mighdall as Character Model
    -give her additionally the Star Sapphire Lantern Ring (like Diana had during Blackest Night)

So moving the setting to Hawaii would create a complete different atmosphere than being in Metropolis/Hawaii, I also like the Idea of Conner and Lex being more close to each other and Conner working together with Lex-so Lex can enjoy having a Son who has the same intellect like he has.
    Lex was great in NEW52 Forever Evil together with Bizarro (he really cared about him).

The green Lantern and Blue Lantern Rings for him would offer him a possibility to close the gap to Jonathan and probably Kara.
    Like the Sapphire Lantern Ring would also do for Cassie.

I can imagine Bart Allen being support Cast-so he is like the younger brother who is used for laughs, funny moments AND I always thought that Bart and Conner are the most adorable friends. The big, powerful, serious Conner and his little friend Bart who is hyper-active.

This would be also AWESOME for the JL:

So Jonathan becomes Superman, Yara becomes Wonder Woman and Conner and Cassie can join as Kryptonian/Amazon who also bring Rings with them.
    So Conner has a kind of SODAM YAT Role and if I remember right the JL never had a blue Lantern or Sapphire Lantern in their league or?

Conner can also help the blue lantern Corp to be restored (If I am right there is only one member left at the moment or)?

My 2 cents

Conner with new 52 Superman power set, Luthor level intellect, 2 Lantern Rings, an amazon wife [with a lantern ring], leather jacket and sunglasses is over kill and smacks of juvenile wish fulfilment.

He is also a member of the JL!

That's excessive bro.

Conner doesn't need all that. You still want the character to be enjoyable.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-05-2022 at 06:56 AM.

Agreed. Way too excessive. That's a recipe for for a quick erasure by editorial. It needs to be simple yet different enough for him to stand out apart from the others. Kara is having a much more difficult time staying relevant. At least Conner has the Lex connection. One of my ideas was to have Kon and Kara become the new Flamebird and Nightwing on New Krypton but oh well.

Incredible Member

Re: Thompson, anyone else got the impression he was giving both Match and Bloodsport the stuff he would have given to Kon if he had actually been in the Squad? Like, Match is obvious (and includes his standing up to Waller in the latest issue demanding she treat the Squad well), but Bloodsport's confrontation with Peacemaker in the latest issue made absolutely no sense in terms of the non-existent character dynamics they had before it... but would have made perfect sense for Kon, since it connected to their confrontation in the Future State issues, the Match/Peacemaker dynamic at the start of the run, and Thompson's initial interviews that Superboy and Peacemaker would fight for the soul of the Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Agreed. Way too excessive. That's a recipe for for a quick erasure by editorial. It needs to be simple yet different enough for him to stand out apart from the others. Kara is having a much more difficult time staying relevant. At least Conner has the Lex connection. One of my ideas was to have Kon and Kara become the new Flamebird and Nightwing on New Krypton but oh well.
    I never thought Conner as Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Re: Thompson, anyone else got the impression he was giving both Match and Bloodsport the stuff he would have given to Kon if he had actually been in the Squad? Like, Match is obvious (and includes his standing up to Waller in the latest issue demanding she treat the Squad well), but Bloodsport's confrontation with Peacemaker in the latest issue made absolutely no sense in terms of the non-existent character dynamics they had before it... but would have made perfect sense for Kon, since it connected to their confrontation in the Future State issues, the Match/Peacemaker dynamic at the start of the run, and Thompson's initial interviews that Superboy and Peacemaker would fight for the soul of the Squad.
    The latter could be forced synergy. The formers depends on whether Match was always apart of his pitch or added in later.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-05-2022 at 03:26 PM.

I never thought Conner as Nightwing.

The latter could be forced synergy. The formers depends on whether Match was always apart of his pitch or added in later.
    I can see him as Nightwing only if Kara is Flamebird. During the New Krypton arc, it appeared as if he and Linda Danvers were the two masked heroes before it was revealed that is Chris kent and That's. I can imagine Clark assigning Kon and Kara this task to keep an eye on Zod.

Wanting kon to be a Lil older is a good thing. Wanting him to have a bigger body frame with the age is cool too.having a power level where he can fight on a "MAN" level and not stuck at a BOY level is good Imo.

What isn't smart would be over powering him with something like a power ring. We don't need him to swat away any superman level villians with ease, we need him to have challenges and struggles, even at his full potential of power, making him to powerful is begging for a erasure or a heel turn.

A leather jacket is kons cape, a black tshirt(with jeans and boots) is his supersuit, it's a way to make him standout while standing by others with supersuit and capes, and tells you something about him right from the start. Imo it is a cool reverse nod to how unnatural he was created,he was made in a cloning tube but comes off more human than anyone else around him.

Powers are easy - has the same powers as a kryptonian,only difference is thst his bio field is controllable, so he needs to think to use it, but when he does he can do more with it, simple as that, don't make it anymlre complicated than that..that would pull in the YJ and Titans Conner fans, plus the comic fans who are expecting him to have TK, at the same time.

A lot of horror or action movies is that the main (hero) character has to protect those who can't protect themselves, which in turn makes (the heroes) job harder, that's how you make more fun for viewers, because you don't know if everything will come out good in the end. Thats why have Lophi and and the baby come thru a wormhole or something with big bads coming for her and her baby would give kons story tension he wouldn't necessarily have just being a very powerful hero with not many worries in life.

Conner is a solid character with a unique place in the Superman mythos. Not sure why some want him to be be changed so much or keep comparing him to Nightwing.

Aside from having siblings Conner isn't like Nightwing.

Conner is more like Damian Wayne. There are similar themes in their creation and past that can be explored and mined for stories.

I would like to see Conner's connections to Lex and cadmus brought back into focus.

Clark, Kara, PG, Jon, all heroes with Kryptonian DNa, Steel wears an S, Biz a Superman clone, Kara and Jon are related to Clark. Conner is a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. That is a Unique Selling Point.

Focusing on that more will likely help Conner compete better as the landscape becomes more crowded.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-06-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Conner is a solid character with a unique place in the Superman mythos. Not sure why some want him to be be changed so much or keep comparing him to Nightwing.

Aside from having siblings Conner isn't like Nightwing.

Conner is more like Damian Wayne. There are similar themes in their creation and past that can be explored and mined for stories.

I would like to see Conner's connections to Lex and cadmus brought back into focus.

Clark, Kara, PG, Jon, all heroes with Kryptonian DNa, Steel wears an S, Biz a Superman clone, Kara and Jon are related to Clark. Conner is a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. That is a USP.

Focusing on that more will likely help Conner compete better as the landscape becomes more crowded.

Atleast for me the only reason I ever use nightwing and Conner as a comparison is in dicks ability to grow out of his Robin persona, and into a adult nightwing one. Thst is what fans of kon want, him to move past superboy, into something more all his

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

An interesting concept visually but a little too much for me. He's like a fusion of Kon and the Ray or Apollo. It feels a bit like a parody of his 90s radical self. A cape on top of a jacket? I dunno.

I thought it was Shazam.