Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always go for Sentinel when it comes to superhero names for Conner but I would not mind if it went to Natasha Irons, it suits her as well.

Attachment 126475 Attachment 126476
    Off topic but what do you guys think of bring back the Ravers (I do not know that much about them but they used to be former associates) and Tina Moon as his supporting cast and placing him in Hawaii or any location in the DCU if we have a workshop in rebuilding Connor?
    I love Conner in Hawaii, it would be interesting for him to return and examine how he’s grown and changed as a character since the last time he was there. Tana herself I think is a great person to have in his cast, but I don’t want them dating for the same reason I don’t like Jon dating Jay: having another Super character date a reporter is boring to me. It’s too derivative of Clark, I’d rather do something else (also I just like Cassie more )

Don’t think there’s much chance of the Ravers ever returning but Conner will be getting a new team of sorts when his mini comes out in April and he meets this new team of aliens named the Cosmeteers if I recall correctly. If they’re cool and people like them maybe they can replace the Ravers as friends of Conner not tied to the Titans/YJ.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love Conner in Hawaii, it would be interesting for him to return and examine how he’s grown and changed as a character since the last time he was there. Tana herself I think is a great person to have in his cast, but I don’t want them dating for the same reason I don’t like Jon dating Jay: having another Super character date a reporter is boring to me. It’s too derivative of Clark, I’d rather do something else (also I just like Cassie more )

Don’t think there’s much chance of the Ravers ever returning but Conner will be getting a new team of sorts when his mini comes out in April and he meets this new team of aliens named the Cosmeteers if I recall correctly. If they’re cool and people like them maybe they can replace the Ravers as friends of Conner not tied to the Titans/YJ.

Hawaii wpukd be a great place for him to go back to.its all his,space between him and the metropolis crew,can only help him.

Tana wouldn't be so bad,age wise if they actually aged him up to 20 or 21 years old.

The Ravers were all humans with only kaliber being the only alien,maybe he can mix and match his new friends he will meet and add a few back from his past and create a new Ravers team.yeah the name means party,but you can be 18 to 22 years old,mature and responsible and still party lol.plus the teleporting handstamps were a lot of fun.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Hawaii wpukd be a great place for him to go back to.its all his,space between him and the metropolis crew,can only help him.

Tana wouldn't be so bad,age wise if they actually aged him up to 20 or 21 years old.

The Ravers were all humans with only kaliber being the only alien,maybe he can mix and match his new friends he will meet and add a few back from his past and create a new Ravers team.yeah the name means party,but you can be 18 to 22 years old,mature and responsible and still party lol.plus the teleporting handstamps were a lot of fun.
    Is Sparx still around?
    Is the Force Family still around as the premiere Canadian super team?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is Sparx still around?
    Is the Force Family still around as the premiere Canadian super team?
    No idea. Sounds like a job for Google lol.

I wouldn't mind catching up with any or all of the family or Ravers
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I always go for Sentinel when it comes to superhero names for Conner but I would not mind if it went to Natasha Irons, it suits her as well.

Off topic but what do you guys think of bring back the Ravers (I do not know that much about them but they used to be former associates) and Tina Moon as his supporting cast and placing him in Hawaii or any location in the DCU if we have a workshop in rebuilding Connor?
    Conner Kent
    Alias: Sentinel

Base of Operations:

I would move Conner back to Hawaii or place him in Suicide Slums (got that idea from Ascendus) so he can be an independent hero again. Connor's stick is that he is the "Neo-Golden Age Superman", his role as the man of the people and stood up for the little guy, fighting political corruption, domestic abuse and metahuman/drug trafficking. Also, he would sporadically get in caught of Cadmus or any other black science groups' shenanigans.

Conner Kent is a profoundly gifted individual and has access memories and information stored in his genetic code. Conner was a motor vehicle enginner in Young Justice but he could be a mechanical enginner due to having both Lex Luthor and Clark Kent as his genetic templates. I would prefer if he was in his early 20's and on his way working on his degree in mechanical engineering.

Relationships:

Connor should maintain his relationship with Young Justice especially Tim, Cassie and Bart but they will be doing their own things. Miss Martian can be a potential love interest just like in the Young Justice animated series, I was thinking both Tana Moon and Cassie at first but Tana is similar to both Lois and Jay and ever since the Dark Crisis tie-in and how controversial the run was, I am not too sure I wanted to re-visit their relationship any time soon.

I would not mind bringing back The Ravers as his supporting cast again but they need a modern update they could be a group of superhero celebrites with hidden secrets such a Aura's additction to alcohol and drugs and Cruz's hiding his sexuality from Sparx, also I would also bring back the Forever People and The Guardian as his allies if he was caught up in either New Gods or Cadmus' schemes. Last but not least he should have Krypto by his side.

Visuals:

Connor's visually look similar to both his DCAMU counterpart with his jacket without the LexCorp emblem and top part of his costume, he also wears black cargo trainers and combat boots. He also has the pre-flashpoint muscular physique standing at 6'2. Conner's colour scheme would be darker to contrast Clark, Kara and Jon lighter colour scheme.

Powers:

At his Base level, his Kryptonian abilities is similar to Golden Age Superman with limited superhuman senses and he can only super jump. Fortunately with his signature ability, Tactile Telekinesis, he can enhance his pre-existing abilities to be on par with full-blodded kryptonians as well as mimicking abilities such as heat vision, freeze breath and nigh-invulnerability. Connor also learn some advanced techniques based on TTK through tactile and self-physical interactions such as bending light around him achieving invisibility, bestowing invulnerability to others via touch, conduct complex surgery and charging telekinetic energy into physical objects/items such as playing cards with explosive results.

Vulnerabilties:

He has the same natural vulnerabilities as any other Kryptonian but on a lesser extent due to his hybrid DNA. His TTK is his greatest asset but it also comes with limitations and weakness as well such as concentration because it is psionic in nature and possible power reduction if he is under stress, fear, distracted or lack of confidence.
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-26-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Conner Kent

Base of Operations:

I would move Conner back to Hawaii or place him in Suicide Slums (got that idea from Ascendus) so he can be an independent hero again. Connor's stick is that he is the "Neo-Golden Age Superman", his role as the man of the people and stood up for the little guy, fighting political corruption, domestic abuse and metahuman/drug trafficking. Also, he would sporadically get in caught of Cadmus or any other black science groups' shenanigans.

Conner Kent is a profoundly gifted individual and has access memories and information stored in his genetic code. Conner was a motor vehicle enginner in Young Justice but he could be a mechanical enginner due to having both Lex Luthor and Clark Kent as his genetic templates. I would prefer if he was in his early 20's and on his way working on his degree in mechanical engineering.

Relationships:

Connor should maintain his relationship with Young Justice especially Tim, Cassie and Bart but they will be doing their own things. Miss Martian can be a potential love interest just like in the Young Justice animated series, I was thinking both Tana Moon and Cassie at first but Tana is similar to both Lois and Jay and ever since the Dark Crisis tie-in and how controversial the run was, I am not too sure I wanted to re-visit their relationship any time soon.

I would not mind bringing back The Ravers as his supporting cast again but they need a modern update they could be a group of superhero celebrites with hidden secrets such a Aura's additction to alcohol and drugs and Cruz's hiding his sexuality from Sparx, also I would also bring back the Forever People and The Guardian as his allies if he was caught up in either New Gods or Cadmus' schemes. Last but not least he should have Krypto by his side.

Visuals:

Connor's visually look similar to both his DCAMU counterpart with his jacket without the LexCorp emblem and top part of his costume, he also wears black cargo trainers and combat boots. He also has the pre-flashpoint muscular physique standing at 6'2. Conner's colour scheme would be darker to contrast Clark, Kara and Jon lighter colour scheme.

Powers:

At his Base level, his Kryptonian abilities is similar to Golden Age Superman with limited superhuman senses and he can only super jump. Fortunately with his signature ability, Tactile Telekinesis, he can enhance his pre-existing abilities to be on par with full-blodded kryptonians as well as mimicking abilities such as heat vision, freeze breath and nigh-invulnerability. Connor also learn some advanced techniques based on TTK through tactile and self-physical interactions such as bending light around him achieving invisibility, bestowing invulnerability to others via touch, conduct complex surgery and charging telekinetic energy into physical objects/items such as playing cards with explosive results.

Vulnerabilties:

He has the same natural vulnerabilities as any other Kryptonian but on a lesser extent due to his hybrid DNA. His TTK is his greatest asset but it also comes with limitations and weakness as well such as concentration because it is psionic in nature and possible power reduction if he is under stress, fear, distracted or lack of confidence.
    Oh man I love all of this!! I'd add the New 52 tho sensory ability to add on to the enhanced scenes. I'd have him stumble on the name after speaking with Guardian and using it as a way to honor him and Superman. Guardian used to work in the Slums so it's almost passing the torch. What would you say about including the Newsboys?

Conner Kent

Base of Operations:

Relationships:

Visuals:

Powers:

Vulnerabilties:

That's a good write up.

Cool write up Incognito. I’ve been thinking about how to approach Conner’s intelligence. On one hand I get the appeal of giving him the Luthor intellect and don’t necessarily oppose the idea. But I also don’t want every member of the Superfamily to be a super genius. Been puzzling it over and I think I’ve got a solution that would still leave Conner “smart” but in a different way than you might expect.

In Warhammer 40k there are these Xenos called the Jokaero. TL/DR they’re monkey like aliens that were genetically engineered with the ability to build complex machinery and solve problems, but it’s not even clear if they’re sentient or just build everything on instinct as the situation demands. I would approach Conner’s intelligence like that. For the most part he’s about average intelligence, but in certain situations something will “activate” and suddenly Conner will be able to easily solve a problem or build something he needs to get out of a tough situation. Problem for Conner is that he doesn’t understand how these solutions work, he just *knows* that they do, and he’s afraid of them because if Lex is the one who encoded these bursts of creativity into him he can’t be sure that these machines or solutions won’t hurt others to benefit himself. That gives him a power that differentiates him from the rest, but it can be a curse as much as a gift.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In YJ he's a mechanic. He knows how to fix things but isn't creating robots. So that's a good way to approach it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Conner Kent

Base of Operations:

Relationships:

Visuals:

Powers:

Vulnerabilties:

I could definitely live with this. Really like the idea of him taking the name Sentinel. There's no reason to change the iconography of his symbol...it still relates him to the Super family, but the name gives him his own identity amongst them much like Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC Teen Books still struggling.
    Teen books, period. It's not like Marvel's doing better - neither Champions nor Young Avengers have a book right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At the very least I hope they give him a new code name soon. He can’t be Superman with Jon and Kenan already claiming that title, but he really should not be Superboy any longer. Let Osul go by that name.
    I was thinking that the twins would be a new Superboy and Supergirl - which would be shared names unless Conner and Kara rebrand. Which doesn't seem to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They seem to have problems switching codenames nowadays. They tried to change Luke Fox persona couple months ago and looks like it failed miserable cause he is back as Batwing in I am Batman. And of course, the whole Drake fiasco.

I'm trying to remember who was the last character that changed his original codename to another successfully.

Not everybody can be Roy Harper that change his names like he change his clothes.
    Couldn't I Am Batman just be set before Luke's recent appearance in Harley Quinn?

The last successful codename change was probably Marvel's Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, the former Ms. Marvel. No chance of that being reversed with her having since had a movie, and the new Ms. Marvel also proving successful. Can't think of anything from the last decade from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Do you guys think the Twins will go by Superboy and Supergirl? Makes more sense for them, to be honest.
    Kara can be Superwoman, pretty easily, they just need to find a name for Conner.
    I think they will, but I don't think Conner and Kara are changing their names either - so more shared mantles like Superman and Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    My ideal pitch is Conner taking the name "Sentinel" and becoming the sheriff of Cadmus town. A reservation where the cadmus creations live their own lives.
    Sentinel? Hmm, that name is vacant... it was used by Alan Scott back when Kyle was the only Green Lantern, and the Arrowverse used it for Supergirl's adopted sister Alex Danvers, who doesn't exist in the comics - though that does at least link it to the Super family.

Tina? It's Tana. And yes please to the Hawaii stuff, it'd give Conner something distinct from Jon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sentinel? Kon is going to be on mutant hunting now?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Sentinel? Kon is going to be on mutant hunting now?
    Sure. He's gotta make a living somehow....

I would like Conner to have a higher than average intellect, but not be a genius. Like, in the Superfamily, he shouldn’t be as smart as the Irons, but should have a good understanding of how mechanics works and would develop a bigger interest in biology to learn more about how his unique physiology works.

As far as mission statements go, he should be the one directly opposing any person or organisation misusing science to harm others.
    That gives him a nice little niche/focus amongst the other Supers that feels very personal to him and fits his trajectory and themes more than space Superman or Golden Age inspiration.

For supporting cast, I’d bring back Cadmus, Dubbilex, bring in Ryan Choi and maybe even Matrix. Other YJers could appear, but I’d want each of them to have their own thing going on too in other books (Bart focusing on time anomalies, Cassie protecting humans from Olympian meddling and Tim focusing more on his detective side).

I really hope Kenny Porter pitch lands and mini sells well enough to become an ongoing or at least get an extension, I get impression he's trying to turn Conner into DC Starlord with him and these freedom fighters forming their own Guardians of the Galaxy, a rebellious intergalactic force for good that works outside the jurisdiction of the United Planets and Lantern Corps and personally I'm here for it.

I think Kesel put it best “To me, Conner is an archetype of the Arrogance of Youth — and all the energy and excitement and joy and missteps that are part of that — and I don’t see that changing. Not for Conner, not for any of us.”

Being a rogue space fairing-adventurer allows Conner to keep all his usual boyish charm and spirit while still allowing him space to grow as he adapts to this new role and environment as well as a being a leader of a crew.

I know people have their heart set on Conner becoming Superman-like one day and it certainly was his own dream initially (it's what he was literally made for) but I always got the impression from the writing that was more a childish notion and that his real destiny was to find his own path away from the red cape, the idea being he was never just a clone but ultimately his own person.