Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Hard to do within the marvel universe as they where defined by their stand against legacy heroes for many years. At best you have to look at street level characters in say Avengers or other teams. Super soldier serum heroes perhaps?

With DC it’s easier but they often go back and forth with editorial restrictions so consistent isn’t a common word. Batman universe characters tend to be similar and occupy the same spaces. GL clearly went to far. But it could support at least 4 heroes with the same green ring.

One problem with whatever logic Nick Lowe throws at us that we know that Marvel won’t be consistent. They only write rules like this to break them. If they come into a situation where a character they are excited for goes against this logic it won’t even be worth the paper it was printed in.
yeah, DC is the natural example and differences between the two companies have shrunk in recent years.

i'm not that familiar with the current bat fam, but i thought they all had their "thing" and green lanterns are at least a corp. that being said, if dc are managing it well, there's no reason marvel couldn't.

i don't know if it's a "rule" as such, though. to be fair, ben this criticism of ben and the supposed inability of him and peter to occupy the mainstage simultaneously has been a part of ben's existence in the meta since his return in the 90s.

maybe they just need to do the counter intuitive and embrace it?