Page 149 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2464
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think Ben needs a team book for that. He's already had some very intense, life changing experiences as it is. If and when he gets his mind restored, he's going to have a lot to deal with emotionally. There's all kinds of ways you could have Ben evolve from what's happened to him so far.

I'm not sure about Kaine being more marketable. Kaine's solo lasted about the same amount of issues as Ben's did and I think Ben has a bigger fanbase overall. Don't get me wrong, I love Kaine, but I don't know that he has any real advantage there.

I think a lot of people just want a "Scarlet Spiders" title with both of them on the road together.
    Wholeheartedly agree with the bolded bits. Kaine is not more marketable than Ben.

He even kinda stole his look from Lost Years and Ben first appareances in the 90s

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Monica recreating NextWave and recruiting Ben to chase Beyond and Maxine Danger. It'd be the most logical outcome from the Beyond storyline, not Dark Web
    Would be a good idea. Given that Monica is getting a solo series, albeit limited, I'm hoping the writer for that does revisit Beyond at some point there, or at least sets the stage for such a revisiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Art break!

As much as I want my optimistic hoodie-sporting clone bro back, this new costume is fun to draw. I wanted to lean into the creepiness with this illustration.

Same, but this is pretty sick, which I say in the best way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think Ben needs a team book for that. He's already had some very intense, life changing experiences as it is. If and when he gets his mind restored, he's going to have a lot to deal with emotionally. There's all kinds of ways you could have Ben evolve from what's happened to him so far.

I'm not sure about Kaine being more marketable. Kaine's solo lasted about the same amount of issues as Ben's did and I think Ben has a bigger fanbase overall. Don't get me wrong, I love Kaine, but I don't know that he has any real advantage there.

I think a lot of people just want a "Scarlet Spiders" title with both of them on the road together.
    A Scarlet Spiders book would be spectacular and sensational. Bring them together after everything they've been through and put each other through and have them hash it all out while also saving people and taking down bad guys along the way.

Wholeheartedly agree with the bolded bits. Kaine is not more marketable than Ben.

He even kinda stole his look from Lost Years and Ben first appareances in the 90s
    In retrospect . . . yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

A homage to Spider-Man/Superman with the big two's best clone bros

https://twitter.com/Isimmons_art/sta...49909197901825

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Indeed. Thanks for sharing. Glad they're getting along a lot better than they did when they first met in Marvel vs. DC.

Incredible Member

I just picked up the Clone Conspiracy complete trade at my local comic shop (USED-copy, because I’m not giving Marvel anymore money on how they are handling both Ben Reilly and T’Challa). Kinda miss Jackal-Ben at this point… considering this Chasm mess…
    Last edited by Blanks; 11-29-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I just picked up the Clone Conspiracy complete trade at my local comic shop (USED-copy, because I’m not giving Marvel anymore money on how they are handling both Ben Reilly and T’Challa). Kinda miss Jackal-Ben at this point… considering this Chasm mess…
    At least he had swag.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Do you remember "Amalgam Comics"? These two were merged together into "Spider-Boy".

Incredible Member

At least he had swag.
    That our boy did. That he did.

At least he had swag.
    Plus he at least had good intentions with New U even if twisted from Warren’s sadistic experimentation. Now he doesn’t care who he hurts in the name of a selfish desire that he’d never be able to live with if he were whole.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Plus he at least had good intentions with New U even if twisted from Warren’s sadistic experimentation. Now he doesn’t care who he hurts in the name of a selfish desire that he’d never be able to live with if he were whole.
    Yeah that too, it was a lot more palatable than this Chasm thing. I'd rather he stayed the Jackal than what we have now.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Dead again, sigh...I mean...probably.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-29-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Yeah that too, it was a lot more palatable than this Chasm thing. I'd rather he stayed the Jackal than what we have now.
    Pretty much, though Jackal-Ben at least had all his memories and full cognizance of who he was and what he was doing, even if he was psychologically (and spiritually) damaged from all the torturous deaths and revivals he'd been through at Warren's hands. Beyond robbed him of even that, with his foundational memories being stripped from him and whatever chemical soup he fell into at the end of that saga warping what was left of his mind, to say nothing of his body, even more. "Chasm" is a somewhat apt name, in that regard, as he's been emptied of everything that made him who he was and he's now trying to fill that gaping void with increasingly indiscriminate violence and mayhem. Still a tragic downfall for Ben Reilly's character, though.

You've given me a thought: what if you've hit upon the already set upon conclusion to this Chasm storyline: that a renewed, whole Ben cannot live with himself for his Chasm actions and hits the road, essentially reestsblishing something approximate to his Lost Years characterization and status quo?

What would people think of that?

-Pav, who still can't believe they went with "Chasm" amd not "Recluse"...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    You've given me a thought: what if you've hit upon the already set upon conclusion to this Chasm storyline: that a renewed, whole Ben cannot live with himself for his Chasm actions and hits the road, essentially reestsblishing something approximate to his Lost Years characterization and status quo?

What would people think of that?

-Pav, who still can't believe they went with "Chasm" amd not "Recluse"...
    I don't see that happening so soon. They're going to try to make Chasm happen for a couple of arcs more at least.

Once again, I'm putting my eggs on the ATSV basket.