Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2464
    Astonishing Member

It seems that Peter still cares about Ben and wants to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    While it’s definitely a great sentiment, it really feels like letting your guard down by a nice act only to be punched in the gut when you realize that Dark Web, which describes Ben as the newest member of Peter’s rogue’s gallery is around the corner and that Wells is the one who ruined Ben again this time. It almost feels like Wells is just taunting the fans with a scene like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While it’s definitely a great sentiment, it really feels like letting your guard down by a nice act only to be punched in the gut when you realize that Dark Web, which describes Ben as the newest member of Peter’s rogue’s gallery is around the corner and that Wells is the one who ruined Ben again this time. It almost feels like Wells is just taunting the fans with a scene like that.
    Yeah. I'd rather see how Peter feels about Ben AFTER Dark Web.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah. I'd rather see how Peter feels about Ben AFTER Dark Web.
    Generally cosigned, though it was still a nice moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, would you be referring to the theory that since Ben degenerated into dust upon death, which shouldn't have happened with a "perfect clone," that Ben's death could have been faked by Norman Osborn and/or Miles Warren using a "quick clone" whipped up with Ben's memories up to that point, so they could keep the real Ben for whatever sick plans they had in mind for him (and Peter, by extension)?
    I was going back through the thread and found this.

I thought I was the only one who had this theory. To this day, Ben's "death" in PP:SM #75 doesn't follow what was established about clone degeneration. IIRC, "Life of Reilly" mentioned that this was pointed out to Bob Harras. His response was that it doesn't matter how it used to work, this is how it works now. To me, this means nothing. Harras was always about the quickest and most senseless solution to complex problems. He forever damaged Norman Osborn as a character, botched the potential of tying the X-Books in with the first X-Men film, and he was behind a lot of the garbage decisions made at DC during the New 52.

If Marvel truly cared about Ben, we'd get Spider-Man: The Final Clone, a mini-series chronicling Ben's replacement by one final clone before Peter's fight with Norman in PP:SM #75, and the reveal that Ben is stored somewhere for future use. I'd be happy just knowing he was in stasis somewhere and that the Clone Conspiracy and all the garbage that's followed involved a clone of a clone's remains.

https://twitter.com/wrens_art/status...PMBSUGlez5rx0w

One day I'll get a book of the three of them...one day.

You might wanna reword that .

From a thread on 4chan

"So CHasm will be the reason Peter fucked up months ago. Got revenge of Peter for not saving him and f'd with his brain. His new powers include enerhy webbing and transforming abilities like Spidercide.
    Is he stealing the energy webbing **** Miles had once?

He is partially to blame to for the MJ mystery box
    This immediately made me think of "It was me Barry".

Fucking hell, imagine if they try to make Ben into Spidey's Thawne...

Wells wanted to show how evil Chasm really is as he could't do that in Beyond as a way to make him the most hated rouge in Peters galley"
    Lol, he has a very high mountain to climb even if we don't count Norman.

Sadly. It lines with the solicits and the "Chasm is the most terrifying villain ever" company line
    Careful with solicits, they exaggerate or even outright lie, so them saying that Chasm is super evil could be those, althought it could be accurate too.

More :
    "The goo he fell in had adverse affects on his body and Janie uses tech she procured from Beyond to become Hallows Eve. Chasm and Janie will square off as the anti Peter/MJ"

Grain of salt, ofc.
    Would be funny for Chasm and Janine to be the Anti-Peter/MJ, in the sense that these two stay together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post

I thought I was the only one who had this theory. To this day, Ben's "death" in PP:SM #75 doesn't follow what was established about clone degeneration. IIRC, "Life of Reilly" mentioned that this was pointed out to Bob Harras. His response was that it doesn't matter how it used to work, this is how it works now. To me, this means nothing. Harras was always about the quickest and most senseless solution to complex problems. He forever damaged Norman Osborn as a character, botched the potential of tying the X-Books in with the first X-Men film, and he was behind a lot of the garbage decisions made at DC during the New 52.
    Fucking seriously? 'Cause if so, man, it's amazing how people who **** up stuff may not stop at one thing, and do a fucking domino effect.

If Marvel truly cared about Ben, we'd get Spider-Man: The Final Clone, a mini-series chronicling Ben's replacement by one final clone before Peter's fight with Norman in PP:SM #75, and the reveal that Ben is stored somewhere for future use. I'd be happy just knowing he was in stasis somewhere and that the Clone Conspiracy and all the garbage that's followed involved a clone of a clone's remains.
    Trying something like that can get rather messy, controversial, and may not even solve the actual problem, specially if the same people who damaged Ben still get to write him, which they most likely will be allowed to if comic books are any hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

I like the subtle differences in their facial expressions. Kaine is serious, of course. But Ben’s smile is slightly bigger than Peter’s, and I used to think he was slightly happier and more carefree (before he was brought back as an emotionally tortured edgelord).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post

Hmm, maybe, though I do see your point about Harras, especially after DC's New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

Would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I like the subtle differences in their facial expressions. Kaine is serious, of course. But Ben’s smile is slightly bigger than Peter’s, and I used to think he was slightly happier and more carefree (before he was brought back as an emotionally tortured edgelord).
    Same here, though I'd say Ben's smile came more from him being at peace with himself and who he was, as opposed to Peter, who was coming off a full-on 90s edgelord phase at the start of the Clone Saga.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    If it was down to creative choice than maybe it could have worked with Ben as the original though maybe he had to take back the Parker name.
    This may explain why the that was undone but one more day was not.
    If they had done the clone saga shorter and before Dan Jurgens did spider man and said to make Peter the original things would have worked out.
    Maybe if they had not made Peter as angry and angst it would have made it easier to accept Ben as the original because they were not ruining Peter character so much.

I like idea of making Ben the original and Peter the clone, becoming the Scarlet Spider, returning to being spider man, Norman staying dead and if was down to creative choice than it could make me feel disappointed and I might feel like it was more of a waste.
    I would like to see what the marvel universe would have looked like if they had kept Ben as the original in an alternate universe like renew your vows.
    What are the chances of that ?
    Again maybe something it needed to work was Ben taking back the Parker name.
    We're enough fans buying the issues when Ben was made the original ?
    If so maybe it could have worked and there would be no one more day.
    How come one more day is not undone and Ben Reilly being the original was when fans hated them both ?
    IF it was not down to fans or sales then could it have stuck after all ?
    Was there any chance ?
    What do you all think ?
    Please reply.

Edit: I did intend to reply to my own post but the one with the interview about going back on Ben being the original.
    Last edited by Xwho; 10-01-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Ooh god...

Ben Reilly is my favorite comicbook character and I'm so afraid how Zeb Wells will make him irredeemable in Dark Web...

Seriously, I wish he stayed dead. I was all over the moon when he came back only to see Zeb Wells' horrible destroy his character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Abraham View Post
    Ooh god...

Ben Reilly is my favorite comicbook character and I'm so afraid how Zeb Wells will make him irredeemable in Dark Web...

Seriously, I wish he stayed dead. I was all over the moon when he came back only to see Zeb Wells' horrible destroy his character.
    He'll do some horrible things I'm sure. But even Venom is now a hero. Sabretooth was for a while. There's no thing such as "not going back" in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Abraham View Post
    Ooh god...

Before Wells, Slott and PAD both had their turns ruining him so it’s not like this started with Beyond.

Astonishing Member

He'll do some horrible things I'm sure. But even Venom is now a hero. Sabretooth was for a while. There's no thing such as "not going back" in comics.
    I don’t know. Depends what the villain did in the past. I can never imagine Carnage being a hero…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I don’t know. Depends what the villain did in the past. I can never imagine Carnage being a hero…
    He was a hero doing Axis and everyone was rooting for him. Hobgoblin was great too.
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 10-01-2022 at 08:49 AM.