Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165
Results 2,461 to 2,464 of 2464

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah it was stated in the therapy issue after the Doc Ock confrontation.
    That’s not what was said in that conversation at all. To paraphrase, she said that his abuse at the hands of Jackel made him more complicated while Beyond wanted a squeaky clean Spider-Man. As such, when Ben asked them to remove his memories, they removed his more problematic adventures. While I suppose for some it could be read as guilt, it seems more about the removal of the trauma he suffered that had left their scars.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

When Times Are Bad --- a short drabble this time, but from another Spider-Man fanfic writer as pissed off about Beyond and its aftermath as the rest of us here. It's sweet, though, if a little bitter, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lightbulb

In response to everyone who has responded to my idea for Ben, thanks btw. While I would vastly prefer heroic Ben if Marvel won't give us that they need to (as the comedians say) "commit to the bit". The whiplash writing of Ben is helping no one least of all the character himself. I feel if done correctly Chasm/Ben could make a great anti-villain rival for Peter. A character who is a dark reflection of Peter a character with a philosophy that challenges what Peter believes in and his self-worth as a hero. Peter would at times think "does Ben have a point? Is his way better?" until he realizes the ends cannot justify the means no matter how worthy the ends are. Peter versus Ben could become the Marvel version of Goku versus Goku Black, Spike versus Vicious, Deku versus Shigaraki, and Twilight Sparkle versus Starlight Glimmer (well, before they needlessly reformed her). Ben would truly believe he is serving the greater good by destroying a corrupt status quo that ruined his life and thus helping the common people who have no powers who are like him only victims.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-31-2022 at 12:08 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In response to everyone who has responded to my idea for Ben, thanks btw. While I would vastly prefer heroic Ben if Marvel won't give us that they need to (as the comedians say) "commit to the bit". The whiplash writing of Ben is helping no one least of all the character himself. I feel if done correctly Chasm/Ben could make a great anti-villain rival for Peter. A character who is a dark reflection of Peter a character with a philosophy that challenges what Peter believes in and his self-worth as a hero. Peter would at times think "does Ben have a point? Is his way better?" until he realizes the ends cannot justify the means no matter how worthy the ends are. Peter versus Ben could become the Marvel version of Goku versus Goku Black, Spike versus Vicious, Deku versus Shigaraki, and Twilight Sparkle versus Starlight Glimmer (well, before they needlessly reformed her). Ben would truly believe he is serving the greater good by destroying a corrupt status quo that ruined his life and thus helping the common people who have no powers who are like him only victims.
    You're very welcome, and yeah, that would work a lot better if they had to make him a villain. At least write it with some decent nuance and pathos. Kind of like Jason Todd's original Red Hood run and its animated adaptation Batman: Under the Red Hood.
    The spider is always on the hunt.