Page 40 of 165 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

I tried finding the pages on 4chan but didn’t find anything. Are they gone or is it me who can’t navigate 4chan?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I tried finding the pages on 4chan but didn’t find anything. Are they gone or is it me who can’t navigate 4chan?
    You can’t navigate it. 4chan isn’t subject to censorship or modding except for really extreme content (you know what I mean). Just keep scrolling down the /co/ portal and look for ASM 93 spoilers header.

Lemme message you rq

Mighty Member

Still there, I actually just got done looking at them myself. Went to comics page, then searched Spider-man and the thread came right up.

This is everything I expected and then some. Nice to know Marvel didn't let me down (sarcasm and cynicism, for those who can't tell).

Zeb Wells is a lying liar and there is a 0% I ever read ASM while he is the writer. No great shock there, mind. Marvel thinks crapping on it's fans is how it stays relevant instead of just putting out good books they might actually want to read.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Still there, I actually just got done looking at them myself. Went to comics page, then searched Spider-man and the thread came right up.

This is everything I expected and then some. Nice to know Marvel didn't let me down (sarcasm and cynicism, for those who can't tell).

Zeb Wells is a lying liar and there is a 0% I ever read ASM while he is the writer. No great shock there, mind. Marvel thinks crapping on it's fans is how it stays relevant instead of just putting out good books they might actually want to read.
    Why don’t we all write letters expressing our displeasure? I’m down if the rest of you are down. Be firm, but respectful, about what a flaming disappointment this is for us longtime fans.

I love how we give so little of a shit right now. Fuck you, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Why don’t we all write letters expressing our displeasure? I’m down if the rest of you are down. Be firm, but respectful, about what a flaming disappointment this is for us longtime fans.
    I'm on board at this point. I need to let them know this SUCKS

Mighty Member

Honestly, the only thing that could’ve made this worse is if he snapped Janine’s neck in the last panel while growling “Ben is gone… now there is only Chasm”

This is like an OMD-level event for Ben, maybe worse.
    It's worse. OMD was a bad story, and not a great look for Peter. It reeked of editorial fiat and they spent years trying to gaslight fans into believing it was a good thing. But it at least came from a place where you could argue they were trying to set the character up for success. Many fans disagreed, but at least the creatives could pretend there was some meaningful intention behind their stinkbomb of a story.

This, however, is a deliberately malicious, completely intentional and carefully constructed annihilation of a beloved character purely for the sake of giving a middle finger to said character's fans. The only justification for this is pure, unfiltered ego and the kind of internet age trolling that will tarnish every creator associated with this run for as long as they work in comics.

BANNED

The fact that this costume has the external webshooters is so annoying hahah. I hate it so much.

I hope bleeding Cool runs something so more people see what a dumpster fire it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Lemme message you rq
    I got the message.

This is just every bad troope you can imagine. I keep asking myself: who wants to read stuff like this?

BANNED

Today my dog hurt his leg and needs surgery, I have to hold him up to pee. I missed my friends mother's wake because I was at the animal ER all day. One of my oldest friends was taken off life support after collapsing at work. Plus the state of the world at large. And this, a hobby that's too expensive, doesn't satisfy on an issue to issue basis, and is downright hostile and disrespectful of the astronomical amount of money they take from me, is what I look to for a little escape and distraction. It's just too much.

Comic books are the worst hobby I have ever had. No other medium of entertainment just goes out of its way to be hostile towards fans but comics.

I will never put money into anything these people do again. And I'm a stupid person with disposable income who buys hardcovers and omnibuses. I have the Ben Reilly and Clone Saga collections. If Beyond was even slightly readable I would have ended up shelling out for a nice collection. Now I won't even watch she hulk illegally.
    Last edited by MisterC; 03-26-2022 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

So we spoilers:
    flash forward 'months' later and Ben and Janine are still together up to the point Ben becomes Chasm. Again, she isn't anywhere MJ hasn't been before. This is Ben's 'I Am The Spider' phase
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I'm actively disgusted right now. Wells lied to us all for sales when he said they were trying to do right by him. Nobody wanted this. Nobody likes this. Canceling ASM on my pull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Today my dog hurt his leg and needs surgery, I have to hold him up to pee. I missed my friends mother's wake because I was at the animal ER all day. One of my oldest friends was taken off life support after collapsing at work. Plus the state of the world at large. And this, a hobby that's too expensive, doesn't satisfy on an issue to issue basis, and is downright hostile and disrespectful of the astronomical amount of money they take from me, is what I look to for a little escape and distraction. It's just too much.

Comic books are the worst hobby I have ever had. No other medium of entertainment just goes out of its way to be hostile towards fans but comics.

I will never put money into anything these people do again. And I'm a stupid person with disposable income who buys hardcovers and omnibuses. I have the Ben Reilly and Clone Saga collections. If Beyond was even slightly readable I would have ended up shelling out for a nice collection. Now I won't even watch she hulk illegally.
    I'm currently commissioning and writing my own Spider-Man comic, six short one-page stories that serve also as pitches for what I'd do with an ASM run. I definitely want to write a Ben Reilly story now to make you feel somewhat better. I'm sorry for your present troubles.