Page 50 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Everything you said is true and facts. I also hate the fact that Ben was made into an inexperienced hero and therefore the daughter's of the dragon had to train him. It's stupid because Ben has Peter's experience, he traveled the world for five years, then he was the Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man. He does not need to prove anything to anyone and learn something, he was already a real hero. Beyond is trash.

Spider-Man 64 and Sensational Spider-Man 6
    It’s so wrong that the clone saga gets so maligned. These comics were so much better than the crap that comes out today. Actual character-driven stories. What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’s so wrong that the clone saga gets so maligned. These comics were so much better than the crap that comes out today. Actual character-driven stories. What a concept.
    I agree with you, I hope people realize soon that there was a lot of good stuff in Clone Saga. Here are some more good scenes with Ben.

Spider-Man 69

Amazing Spider-Man 415

And a bit more.

Spider-Man 51

Spectacular Spider-Man 217

Web of Spider-Man 118

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I agree with you, I hope people realize soon that there was a lot of good stuff in Clone Saga. Here are some more good scenes with Ben.

Spider-Man 69

Amazing Spider-Man 415

Maybe I’m the crazy one, but I would’ve bought 20 years of this status quo. Ben suited up and living his dream, Peter a happy family man and occasionally powering up when needed, Parker bros bonding. Plus Bagley and JRJr at their absolute peaks. What a time to be a Spidey fan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    What are we going to do for Pav when he reads this issue?
    I think a group hug is in order

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    All’s I can say is wow! Seriously, is marvel really proud of this sh*t they constantly spew? I grew up as Ben Reilly being my Spider-Man and when marvel killed him I was devastated. For years I held out hope they’d bring him back. 20 or so years later, after giving up hope and having a rough past 7 years, they brought him back. I was stoked. They shat on the character and made him deranged. I swore off marvel again but failed to adhere to that when they fixed ben. Then they gave us beyond and I was stoked and even with the shotty garbage writing I still spent money hoping to eventually see a bright future for Ben. Then this issue comes out and wtf! It’s god awful! Seriously, I suffer from severe depression and even though beyond wasn’t good, it kept me going as it gave me hope things will eventually get better with Ben. Now all that is gone, and I wasted money on this crap. Not to mention I wasted time and energy in this. Can I sue marvel for breaking my heart again and having me wast money on this garbage? At this point, I truly hope marvel crashes and burns. Go bankrupt at this point or fire the crummy writers they seem to hire year in and year out.

With that said, it was pleasure meeting you fellow ben reilly fans and hope you guys can hang in there. I’m done with comics for good at this point. Nothing left for me to read at this point. I was going to keep giving the ben reilly series a continue go around but at this point, why waste money supporting a company that constantly sh*ts on us ben reilly fans. Best of luck guys!
    everyone tweet Nick Lowe- nothing rude, or offensive but just to let him know how dissapointed you are

these scans in here are great, everyone remember they were best friends! Even with Ben as Jackal Pete would have tried to help him not just immediately fight him and hate him, the disdain for him at the beginning of Beyond was surreal by both Pete and MJ

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    everyone tweet Nick Lowe- nothing rude, or offensive but just to let him know how dissapointed you are

these scans in here are great, everyone remember they were best friends! Even with Ben as Jackal Pete would have tried to help him not just immediately fight him and hate him, the disdain for him at the beginning of Beyond was surreal by both Pete and MJ
    Peter AND Ben are both nothing like what they were in the 90s. I feel like I’m reading about two completely different characters.

BANNED

This is why I've always considered MC2 the legit continuation of Spider-Man's story. Not only does it spin out of all the established pre-OMD continuity and stories, and things like Aunt May and Harry's original deaths all count and stand, none of the crap from Mackie/Byrne, Sins Past, The Other and Civil War happened. Yeah it means ignoring that sweet spot JMS and Romita had, and Miller's Marvel Knights, but it's a necccersary sacrifice if you want a more fulfilling reading experience.

I also don't count anything from Spider-Girl after DeFalco left. He's the only one who really cared about her and the rest were more interested in giving her 'edge'

This is a hard pill for some of us to swallow, and some will never swallow it out of stubbornness and denial, but some stories simply aren't built to last forever and I am more convinced than ever Spider-Man is one of those no matter what you do with it.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-29-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Peter AND Ben are both nothing like what they were in the 90s. I feel like I’m reading about two completely different characters.
    This, they need better editorial

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, they need better editorial
    They need better writers too. All marvel does is rehash the same bit over and over. I seriously can’t believe they have and fans left as most of their books aren’t worth reading. Immortal hulk might of been the last best thing they wrote, and that’s along with how many other titles out at the same time that sucked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    They need better writers too. All marvel does is rehash the same bit over and over. I seriously can’t believe they have and fans left as most of their books aren’t worth reading. Immortal hulk might of been the last best thing they wrote, and that’s along with how many other titles out at the same time that sucked.
    Even Immortal Hulk fizzled out at the end, and Cates was never interested in sticking with what it changed or informed about the mythos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Even Immortal Hulk fizzled out at the end, and Cates was never interested in sticking with what it changed or informed about the mythos.
    Even Bruce seems like an altogether different characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post

People should definitely make their displeasure known online (respectfully, of course). I don't have Twitter, but I highly encourage those that do to let Lowe, Wells, etc know their very valid complaints. Remember how quick Marvel got rid of the new Scarlet Spider suit in 2017 and started backpedaling on the Benpool characterization due to fan backlash.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-29-2022 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

I certainly expressed my disappointment to Wells and Lowe and I am the unicorn golden audience. I have disposable income and am stupid and irresponsible with my money enough to be a comic book fan.

All they had to do was not make Beyond completely miserable and I would be lock for whatever overpriced hardcover or omnibus they put out. Probably both!

I almost bought every variant cover for this and BR: Spider-Man cause I was so hyped for Ben getting a shot. Then the memories crap started happening and I noped out of those transactions.

I will be returning my copy of 93 to the store I ordered from (thanks eBay) and I encourage everyone to not purchase this issue. Read the spoilers people post. Skim through the issue at a local comic book spot if the owner is cool with it. Borrow it from a friend. Wait until the collection is in your local library. But don't throw away money. Because if this makes money, its like sentencing Ben to be Chasm.

Tweets and backlash can only go so far. But nothing effects change like a quarterly earnings report. At the end of the day, Marvel needs our money more than we need to read any of their stories. If we say you can't have it, they will bend over backwards to do anything to get it back. There's no artistic vision or direction in big two comics. It's just a place to build an audience and leverage it into a gig writing for a streaming show or an image deal for a book that can be sold to whatever streaming platform needs the content.
    Last edited by MisterC; 03-29-2022 at 08:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    I certainly expressed my disappointment to Wells and Lowe and I am the unicorn golden audience. I have disposable income and am stupid and irresponsible with my money enough to be a comic book fan.

All they had to do was not make Beyond completely miserable and I would be lock for whatever overpriced hardcover or omnibus they put out. Probably both!

I almost bought every variant cover for this and BR: Spider-Man cause I was so hyped for Ben getting a shot. Then the memories crap started happening and I noped out of those transactions.

I will be returning my copy of 93 to the store I ordered from (thanks eBay) and I encourage everyone to not purchase this issue. Read the spoilers people post. Skim through the issue at a local comic book spot if the owner is cool with it. Borrow it from a friend. Wait until the collection is in your local library. But don't throw away money. Because if this makes money, its like sentencing Ben to be Chasm.

Tweets and backlash can only go so far. But nothing effects change like a quarterly earnings report. At the end of the day, Marvel needs our money more than we need to read any of their stories. If we say you can't have it, they will bend over backwards to do anything to get it back. There's no artistic vision or direction in big two comics. It's just a place to build an audience and leverage it into a gig writing for a streaming show or an image deal for a book that can be sold to whatever streaming platform needs the content.
    I don't know man, higher ups could read that as no interest in Ben Reilly at all. But if JMD mini beats Beyond in sales that would be a clearer signal IMHO