Page 108 of 165 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2464
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Lol, right?

Most positive reaction I've seen at random was Chasm's design being praised, but otherwise there was more bitching about the path Ben is being taken, or just people who don't care about Ben at all still not caring about this.

I'm sure there are those who enjoy it, but I think the reaction is a bit worse than "mixed", making heroes turn into villains is hardly a decision that really works, can't really think of any that worked besides Ultimate Reed becoming Maker lol.

It's also adorable they point this out:

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1556027842286288899

"CB says people HATED this story to start. Mentioned hate mail on the internet.

Says complainers are the folks who read the story."

Which really proves they're still doing the Tom Brevoort method of making fans butthurt for sales, so yeah...
    Weird thing is, when Jemas/Quesada took over Brevoort was like the keeper of the old ways of doing comics

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Likely, but damn it, I'm on the hook now. Just going to go in with my eyes open.
    I’m just gonna trade wait Dark Web. If it actually does something right by Ben, I’ll get the trade. If not, well, I saved money and voted with my wallet (for all the good it does).

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Weird thing is, when Jemas/Quesada took over Brevoort was like the keeper of the old ways of doing comics
    I mean, after 90's Marvel was almost bankrupt, the Brevoort method of pissing off the fanbase for sales doesn't work when there isn't much of a fanbase left, by that point you actually have to do things like writing interesting stories and respecting people who give you money.

Once comics became stable again, that's when they can be garbage again, so we get Civil Wars and One More Days.

What a difference compared to Wells' Spidey, who even before Ben became bad, him and MJ reacted with annoyance at Ben being around 'cause "bad things always happen when he's around".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m just gonna trade wait Dark Web. If it actually does something right by Ben, I’ll get the trade. If not, well, I saved money and voted with my wallet (for all the good it does).
    That's the smart way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

What a difference compared to Wells' Spidey, who even before Ben became bad, him and MJ reacted with annoyance at Ben being around 'cause "bad things always happen when he's around".
    Honestly the worst that's happened to Ben as a character was having his bond with Peter forgotten. To be fair Beyond kinda hinted at it during the setup but it didn't last.

BANNED

I noticed on Youtube someone is adapting 'Dead No More' as a fanfilm, they're also taking elements from other stories, including the original Carrion Saga...

Astonishing Member

Yeah, nothing bad happens to Peter and/or MJ when Ben is not around.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lol, right?

Most positive reaction I've seen at random was Chasm's design being praised, but otherwise there was more bitching about the path Ben is being taken, or just people who don't care about Ben at all still not caring about this.

I'm sure there are those who enjoy it, but I think the reaction is a bit worse than "mixed", making heroes turn into villains is hardly a decision that really works, can't really think of any that worked besides Ultimate Reed becoming Maker lol.

It's also adorable they point this out:

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1556027842286288899

"CB says people HATED this story to start. Mentioned hate mail on the internet.

Says complainers are the folks who read the story."

Which really proves they're still doing the Tom Brevoort method of making fans butthurt for sales, so yeah...
    The only reason Ultimate Reed Richards becoming the Maker worked at all, I would think, was that it simply acknowledged that without the sympathetic viewpoint so often cast on Reed, even at his most morally ambiguous, it would be very easy to make him out to be a villain. Also, the Fantastic Four in Ultimate didn't have as strong a familial bond as the 616 versions did, so without that to keep Reed in check and remind him of who he could hurt if he went too far, it was relatively easy for him to spiral into villainy, especially given his ever-increasing frustration at being held back from "improving the world" by the powers that be that preferred the status quo that kept them rich and powerful. Furthermore, his father was an overgrown jock stereotype who belittled and abused him for his intelligence, not that it justified Reed killing his whole family and becoming a megalomaniacal POS, though it did demonstrate that if 616 Reed didn't have the same emotional bonds with the rest of the Fantastic Four that he had, he could very well turn out no better than his erstwhile best friend-cum-archenemy Victor Von Doom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lol, right?

It's even funnier when you consider this little detail:
    unknown[1].jpg
    If this is what they meant by "mixed reaction" then that's uh, certainly an interesting definition of "mixed" ��

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    It's even funnier when you consider this little detail:
    unknown[1].jpg
    If this is what they meant by "mixed reaction" then that's uh, certainly an interesting definition of "mixed" ��
    Their using the WWE commentary playbook rofl

I'm glad people in general hate this "Chasm" thing. The more people are showing their negative approach, the more Marvel know that was a bad idea. You don't mess with a character who was stronger than Peter Parker, who lost literally everything and still was a good man. And fans, we fans never forget.

The only "nice" thing about Chasm: design. But it SHOULDN'T be Ben Reilly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I'm glad people in general hate this "Chasm" thing. The more people are showing their negative approach, the more Marvel know that was a bad idea. You don't mess with a character who was stronger than Peter Parker, who lost literally everything and still was a good man. And fans, we fans never forget.

Another possible "fix":

The psychoactive goop made a copy of the Ben that felt into it with his state of mind at that exact moment, amplified. Just like it manifested Janine's words into floating letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post

Another possible "fix":

The psychoactive goop made a copy of the Ben that felt into it with his state of mind at that exact moment, amplified. Just like it manifested Janine's words into floating letters.
    I'm still hellbent on Spidercide from JMD's Ben Reilly: Spider-Man --- The Humanity Agenda coming back and using that biological mind-meld to give Ben back the memories Beyond Corp took from him, which will make Ben snap back to his senses. Then, Spidercide can absorb the quantum-shifting psycho-reactive polymers from Ben and become a more proper and fitting Chasm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still hellbent on Spidercide from JMD's Ben Reilly: Spider-Man --- The Humanity Agenda coming back and using that biological mind-meld to give Ben back the memories Beyond Corp took from him, which will make Ben snap back to his senses. Then, Spidercide can absorb the quantum-shifting psycho-reactive polymers from Ben and become a more proper and fitting Chasm.
    Yeah, I like that more. Just pointing another possible solution. There are many. Even the Kafka device.

Yeah, I like that more. Just pointing another possible solution. There are many. Even the Kafka device.
    That's cool.