Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2464
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As poor and unfortunate as the souls soon to be caught in . . . the Dark Web.
    There's bound to be trouble...big time! Beyond that, I don't know.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Ha, yes. Good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Ha, yes. Good one.

It's gonna be a tangled web no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's gonna be a tangled web no matter what
    Indeed, it will be.

This guy/girl seems kinda legit DanielRPK follows him/her:

https://twitter.com/CanWeGetToast/st...88261542821888
    If this is true, I wonder if he's actually gonna have a role similar to Noir, Penny, and Spider-Ham in the first movie or if he's just gonna be a post credits stinger for the next movie like Miguel was.

Cebulski, Lowe, Wells, I have my eyes on all three of you. Know that...
    unknown[1].jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    unknown[1].jpg
    I don't believe it. Just PR 101

unknown[1].jpg
    Likely, but damn it, I'm on the hook now. Just going to go in with my eyes open.

Astonishing Member

Likely, but damn it, I'm on the hook now. Just going to go in with my eyes open.
    Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst over here. Another leaker has claimed we'll be seeing Ben Reilly in the Spider-Verse sequel and it's been backed by the leaker that had a ton of accurate NWH spoilers, so hopefully we'll at least get to see a classic, heroic version of our boy there.

I don't believe it either. I have zero faith left in Marvel Editorial (due to many factors).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

With Marvel it's always Smokes and Mirrors.

If this is true, I wonder if he's actually gonna have a role similar to Noir, Penny, and Spider-Ham in the first movie or if he's just gonna be a post credits stinger for the next movie like Miguel was.
    If he's like Noir/Penny/Ham, I hope he doesn't fall under the same gimmicks, 'cause they contributed very little to the plot besides needing to be there for the movie to be called Spider-Verse to begin with, and the jokes around them are one note gimmicks too, and if the one note gimmicks are done to Ben, then it'll most likely be something like "haha he's a clone".

Not that those three were bad characters, but they almost felt redundant to the plot and were introduced too damn late, Gwen has the same problem but at least her introduction had her doing something, I would expect a sequel to have a better balance on this kind of ****.

unknown[1].jpg
    I think Ben fans will be glad that Chasm will ditch his current villainy by becoming even more evil .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With Marvel it's always Smokes and Mirrors.

If he's like Noir/Penny/Ham, I hope he doesn't fall under the same gimmicks, 'cause they contributed very little to the plot besides needing to be there for the movie to be called Spider-Verse to begin with, and the jokes around them are one note gimmicks too, and if the one note gimmicks are done to Ben, then it'll most likely be something like "haha he's a clone".

Not that those three were bad characters, but they almost felt redundant to the plot and were introduced too damn late, Gwen has the same problem but at least her introduction had her doing something, I would expect a sequel to have a better balance on this kind of ****.

I think Ben fans will be glad that Chasm will ditch his current villainy by becoming even more evil .
    I'm not expecting Ben to have a huge role. But it'll be nice to know there's a version of him out in the multiverse that's okay and to see him appear in a big screen movie. Like, even having a small appearance is huge for a character that Marvel pretended didn't exist for so long.

I know that Ben isn't going to ever be as big as Miles or Spider-Gwen or characters like that. I'm just glad to see him get acknowledgement in a popular movie series. And seeing as all the spiders were pretty likable and heroic (even when they're silly) in the first film, hopefully Ben will be done well. I trust the movie guys with him more than I do the comic guys at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm not expecting Ben to have a huge role. But it'll be nice to know there's a version of him out in the multiverse that's okay and to see him appear in a big screen movie. Like, even having a small appearance is huge for a character that Marvel pretended didn't exist for so long.

I know that Ben isn't going to ever be as big as Miles or Spider-Gwen or characters like that. I'm just glad to see him get acknowledgement in a popular movie series. And seeing as all the spiders were pretty likable and heroic (even when they're silly) in the first film, hopefully Ben will be done well. I trust the movie guys with him more than I do the comic guys at this point.
    Oh yeah, even if he gets a "mediocre" role like Penny/Ham/Noir did, that's still far better written, interesting and likeable than the Chasm nonsense lol.

Still though, while I think being just a redundant secondary would work well enough, I think it would be better for the movie itself to have improved how they're handled, so it's not just about Ben getting better usage, but also about the writing itself improving over the flaws of the previous movie, basically a win/win for everyone as it'd prevent the movie from being too formulaic.

Astonishing Member

Mixed reactions? The nerve of some people...
    https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/...nUQQba2wA&s=19

Mixed reactions? The nerve of some people...
    https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/...nUQQba2wA&s=19
    Lol, right?

Most positive reaction I've seen at random was Chasm's design being praised, but otherwise there was more bitching about the path Ben is being taken, or just people who don't care about Ben at all still not caring about this.

I'm sure there are those who enjoy it, but I think the reaction is a bit worse than "mixed", making heroes turn into villains is hardly a decision that really works, can't really think of any that worked besides Ultimate Reed becoming Maker lol.

It's also adorable they point this out:

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1556027842286288899

"CB says people HATED this story to start. Mentioned hate mail on the internet.

Says complainers are the folks who read the story."

Which really proves they're still doing the Tom Brevoort method of making fans butthurt for sales, so yeah...