Page 129 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2464

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    They may have been able to do a better job at presenting Ben as the original and maybe if they did it would not be charged back as well as there not being one more day or changing the origin of the green goblin or the history of the Osborn's.
    whenever writer's intentions are detailed by some outside influence it always leaves us wondering what if

i'm positive peter would have eventually returned to the webs but the whole time before might be more fondly remembered

then again, having ben prematurely killed off left a lot of readers feeling unresolved...which might also have kept the torch burning for ben
    troo fan or death

In what way?
    check out LifeofReilly

it goes into how marketing interfered with the story, dragging out the questioning and resolution with no end in sight. even once ben became spider-man there were weird red herrings with no point like the smoke-stack skeleton
    Last edited by boots; 10-07-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    troo fan or death

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    whenever writer's intentions are detailed by some outside influence it always leaves us wondering what if

i'm positive peter would have eventually returned to the webs but the whole time before might be more fondly remembered

then again, having ben prematurely killed off left a lot of readers feeling unresolved...which might also have kept the torch burning for ben
    If Ben Reilly had become Peter Parker and worked out as the original we may also not have Chasm as well.

If Ben Reilly had become Peter Parker and worked out as the original we may also not have Chasm as well.
    if it had been handled differently or better, we'd most likely have gotten none of the spidey comics since or at least not in the same way. butterfly effect and all that fun stuff
    troo fan or death

Fantastic Member

if it had been handled differently or better, we'd most likely have gotten none of the spidey comics since or at least not in the same way. butterfly effect and all that fun stuff
    Well I could like the idea of spider man turning out to be a clone and the Scarlet spider being the original and it was a waste because of what happen.
    Last edited by Xwho; 10-08-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Looks like Hallow's Eve got her own book.

The next title revealed was a Hallows Eve miniseries, exploring a new character of the same name who will be introduced in Dark Web. Created by Wells and Ed McGuinness, Lowe said she is already a "well-established character." The title is written by Erica Schulz with art by Michael Dowling.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-ma...ig-thing-nycc/

I think we know which character it is, someone close to Ben... hence my posting it in this thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

The next title revealed was a Hallows Eve miniseries, exploring a new character of the same name who will be introduced in Dark Web. Created by Wells and Ed McGuinness, Lowe said she is already a "well-established character." The title is written by Erica Schulz with art by Michael Dowling.

I think we know which character it is, someone close to Ben... hence my posting it in this thread.
    spoilers:
    It's aunt June from Peter David's run.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well, then . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, then . . .
    If this turns out to be right, at least one person made the guess .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time… [/Obi Wan]

Sometimes I go whole weeks forgetting this run ever existed. I’m sure PAD does too.

Astonishing Member

It’s a nice pic of Ben. Too bad he’s evil or at least brainwashed in it.

883A0F8B-18ED-431F-8213-3DB6C8935308.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time… [/Obi Wan]

Sometimes I go whole weeks forgetting this run ever existed. I’m sure PAD does too.
    A small mercy, I suppose.

It’s a nice pic of Ben. Too bad he’s evil or at least brainwashed in it.

883A0F8B-18ED-431F-8213-3DB6C8935308.jpg
    Ben/Chasm in Limbo, huh?

Astonishing Member

yeah, i agree. the reveal was the only way the story could have gone...the execution and follow up was where the ball was fumbled
    Yeah. Aside from the obvious weaknesses such as the backhand to a pregnant MJ, and Peter inexplicably joining the Jackal… it just felt forced. “And now… for whatever reason, now just after having been acquitted for murder… now must be the time we go to Seward’s lab and run tests to find out who is the original!!” Keep in mind this is a mere 2 or 3 months after Ben threw that floppy disk into the Hudson or wherever and declared it didn’t matter if he was the clone or original.

If I were handling it, I would’ve put in some inciting incident to make them get tested, such as Peter’s hand displaying a degeneration scar or something. And if I were committed to making Peter the clone, I would’ve had him handle it with grace and not act like a murderous lunatic. Ironically, around the middle of 1995 they were doing to Peter what they’re doing to Ben now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had writers’ retreat conversations about making Peter a bad guy once Ben took over.

Yeah. Aside from the obvious weaknesses such as the backhand to a pregnant MJ, and Peter inexplicably joining the Jackal… it just felt forced. “And now… for whatever reason, now just after having been acquitted for murder… now must be the time we go to Seward’s lab and run tests to find out who is the original!!” Keep in mind this is a mere 2 or 3 months after Ben threw that floppy disk into the Hudson or wherever and declared it didn’t matter if he was the clone or original.

If I were handling it, I would’ve put in some inciting incident to make them get tested, such as Peter’s hand displaying a degeneration scar or something. And if I were committed to making Peter the clone, I would’ve had him handle it with grace and not act like a murderous lunatic. Ironically, around the middle of 1995 they were doing to Peter what they’re doing to Ben now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had writers’ retreat conversations about making Peter a bad guy once Ben took over.
    Pretty much. The "Real" Clone Saga miniseries from 2009 or so did handle that part much better, with Peter and Ben having the good sense not to put so much stock in the words of liars and lunatics.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    that old lady she got young again using goblin formula?