Page 96 of 165 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2464

Abel seems a little too on the nose, but cosigning that he would definitely choose "Reilly" for his name.

i'd be worried it would all be a bit...tidy. and convenient. for my money, i hope spidercide never gets a civilian id, be it reilly or parker or warren. keep him doing his own thing.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I agree with you. Unfortunately too many noobs will continue to support this trash of a company. I’m hoping they go bankrupt again and either dc or image comics buys them.
    They're owned by Disney. The Marvel brand is worth billions. How do you envision this happening?

Astonishing Member

Ben Reilly will appear as a non-clone version of the Scarlet Spider for Sony to use that's seperate from the MCU films. They'll make up some balderdash about how it doesn't count as Peter Parker or Spidey, especially if they don't make him a clone. I just... would not put this past Sony.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ben Reilly will appear as a non-clone version of the Scarlet Spider for Sony to use that's seperate from the MCU films. They'll make up some balderdash about how it doesn't count as Peter Parker or Spidey, especially if they don't make him a clone. I just... would not put this past Sony.
    Is that info or speculation?

Incredible Member

Kinda like in the Utimate Universe? That Ben Reilly was Doctor Conners lab assistant, who later started to help Otto create the clones for the FBI, if I remember correctly?
    Last edited by Blanks; 07-03-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Is that info or speculation?
    Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Kinda like in the Utimate Universe? That Ben Reilly was Doctor Conners lab assistant, who started helped Otto create the clones for the FBI, if I remember correctly?
    Yeah, that was such a stupid cop-out. That was around the same point USM started dropping off too imo.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kinda like in the Utimate Universe? That Ben Reilly was Doctor Conners lab assistant, who started helped Otto create the clones for the FBI, if I remember correctly?
    CIA, but otherwise correct.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    CIA, but otherwise correct.

Gotcha, thanks.

I remember getting excited at the possibility of seeing that version of Ben become Ultimate Scarlet Spider, but Bendis never gave us that. I imagine if that if they thought it through a lil more, maybe that version of Ben could have been what they were hoping to do with Miles. Ah well.

BANNED

Kinda like in the Utimate Universe? That Ben Reilly was Doctor Conners lab assistant, who later started to help Otto create the clones for the FBI, if I remember correctly?
    Weirdly, though, the Carnage symbiote was a lab experiment from Peter's blood, that had Peter's memories, made itself look like Peter, was nicknamed "Little Ben" by scientist Ben Reilly, and ended up getting pitched in a smokestack at the end of its first story. In a weird way, Ultimate Ben Reilly was actually the Carnage symbiote.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Weirdly, though, the Carnage symbiote was a lab experiment from Peter's blood, that had Peter's memories, made itself look like Peter, was nicknamed "Little Ben" by scientist Ben Reilly, and ended up getting pitched in a smokestack at the end of its first story. In a weird way, Ultimate Ben Reilly was actually the Carnage symbiote.
    Hmmm, never thought of it like that. Been forever since I read any of those Ultimate issues as well… but makes sense!

Gotcha, thanks.

I remember getting excited at the possibility of seeing that version of Ben become Ultimate Scarlet Spider, but Bendis never gave us that. I imagine if that if they thought it through a lil more, maybe that version of Ben could have been what they were hoping to do with Miles. Ah well.
    You're welcome, and that could have been good, yeah.

Hmmm, never thought of it like that. Been forever since I read any of those Ultimate issues as well… but makes sense!
    In light of 616 Ben Reilly briefly bonding with the Carnage symbiote during his time as Spider-Man . . . that does make a disturbing lot of sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and that could have been good, yeah.

In light of 616 Ben Reilly briefly bonding with the Carnage symbiote during his time as Spider-Man . . . that does make a disturbing lot of sense.
    Yeah, I don't even think it occurred to me when I first read it way back when. I just remember catching all that stuff on a reread a few years ago and thinking, "Wait, a second!"

Yeah, I don't even think it occurred to me when I first read it way back when. I just remember catching all that stuff on a reread a few years ago and thinking, "Wait, a second!"
    Amazing the things you'll find on a reread or a rewatch, yeah.

Well, to be honest, Ben Reilly as a non-clone could work if Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was meant to stick in the main MCU universe. It's not a clone thing, but the concepts of a fresh start, scrapping the former life and wanting to create a new one is still there. Andrew's Peter choosing the "Ben Reilly" name makes sense.

I don't think we'll ever get the "real" Ben Reilly in the live actions movies.