Page 43 of 165 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Rich has made an article about it now

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...eilly-spoiler/
    Who will buy the new Ben Reilly comic? I just assumed that it was a rumour considering how beyond is ending. I mean how stupid does Marvel think we fans are? Instead of giving us what we want they subvert it and then expect us to line up to buy the opposite of what we wanted. Who had that brain damaged idea? I understand that they don't really care about Ben and his future but this is just setting them up for losing money on an idea that any Ben fan would tell them is an insult.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    What's Ben character now? Brain damaged? Hes a villain? And anti hero? What's Ben motivation? Revenger? And motivation to do what?
    That's the thing with how absolutely open-ended these pages seem. We don't even know what is he after. About the only silver lining, if you can call it that, is that spoilers:
    Janine would possibly be after him to help him regain his balance. CC basically ended with him on the run, unrepetant, and with Kaine wanting to kill him. This (apparently) has Peter on good terms with him, wanting to get him help. It would be a shame if we just time-skip a bunch of months in a storyline that has nothing to do with such an open end that seems to all but make a short term follow-up pretty much impossible.
    end of spoilers
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    See, the real problem is that Ben was created to be a younger Spider-Man, but Marvel keeps shoving Peter into that position because they don't want him married, so they just keep trying put the round peg that is Ben into a square hole because that's the only one that's left.

If OMD was undone, we could actually get a proper Ben again.
    There's so much you could do with Ben that doesn't rely on Peter. Just because Ben was created to fill x-roll doesn't mean he has to stay that way especially because Ben was actually created to replace Spider-Man. I think most Ben Reilly fans are okay with the character changing to reflect the times it's just why does that change always have to be absolute garbage

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    spoilers:
    I never thought Marvel could sh*t so much over one character and his fans. In the last few years we have seen how they destroyed Ben (Clone Conspiracy), tried to repair him a little just to destroy him even more (Scarlet Spider), heal him to what he was before (Spider-geddon) just to f*ck him again even more than before (Beyond). If this is the best you can bring to a character loved by so many fans, please, pretty please, kill Ben already and let him rest in peace.

And if you think about it, it's not better for Peter. When he destroys Ben machine without knowing what it could do instead of helping Ben, Peter ruined him by doing something Spidey should have never done. Destroying that helmet without listening to Ben and trying to understand what's happening to his bro is way beyond unresponsible. This comic not only destroys Ben, it really hurts Peter as a character too.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it's bad

spoilers:
    Although I do get Peter, man was already extremely weak and Ben has given all the reasons to not trust him.He was still begging Ben to just let up and let him get help and Richards/Stark/Strange or even Peter himself could have help fix him back up
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

See, the real problem is that Ben was created to be a younger Spider-Man, but Marvel keeps shoving Peter into that position because they don't want him married, so they just keep trying put the round peg that is Ben into a square hole because that's the only one that's left.

If OMD was undone, we could actually get a proper Ben again.
    They even have Miles for that, and they seem to be in a real hurry to age him up for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, it's bad

spoilers:
    Although I do get Peter, man was already extremely weak and Ben has given all the reasons to not trust him.He was still begging Ben to just let up and let him get help and Richards/Stark/Strange or even Peter himself could have help fix him back up
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Peter could have done better, even in a weaken state. Using his webs to stop Ben or punching him without breaking the helmet while he tries to calm Ben and stop the stupid violence. Those are just two ideas that would have been more responsible.
    end of spoilers

At least they were honest when they said "you may surprise yourself with who you’re rooting for".
    Last edited by Marvel Man; 03-27-2022 at 08:40 AM.

Whatever happened to Ben moving to L.A. as Spider-Man?

BANNED

They changed it to Peter...in a mini-series that has already been delayed.

Astonishing Member

Whatever happened to Kindred just being Harry and Peter confronting Mephisto?

The same thing that always happens; editorial interference. Five bucks gets you ten that Ben was originally just going to go to LA after Beyond, but Lowe thought it'd be "kewl" to have him become Chasm (which makes Spidercide sound like a mature and restrained codename in comparison).

BANNED

I just think of the collosal amount of money I wasted cause I was so high on Ben coming back and it maybe being decent because they're said "We're really trying to do right by him".

I picked up some expensive Ben Reilly toy. Two Ben Reilly Omnibuses, two Clone Saga omnibuses, and most of this run on comixology. Now it's all tainted with this garbage.

Astonishing Member

I'm still gobsmacked we got two MASSIVELY disappointing climax issues in the span of 6 months (ASM #74 & ASM #93). That has to be some kind of record.

This is a real insult. This teaser gave us hope, but it was bait. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    They changed it to Peter...in a mini-series that has already been delayed.
    Which one?

BANNED

Which one?
    Deadly Neighbourhood Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I'm still gobsmacked we got two MASSIVELY disappointing climax issues in the span of 6 months (ASM #74 & ASM #93). That has to be some kind of record.

How long til ASM 900. I can't wait to drink the tears of anyone convincing themselves Wells is gonna somehow be several orders of magnitude better here than he as been on this or Shed.

This will be undone as well. It's so stupid, spoilers:
    the costume is so incredibly bad and blatantly looks like it was designed in 15 minutes. It has no staying power unless that hack makes by in a reoccurring character in his Spidey run but I doubt it immensely
    end of spoilers