Page 46 of 165 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Ben is unsalvageable.
    Debatable. It’d take a REALLY good writer and story to unscrew him at this point. And even then all this crap would still linger like a bad fart in his history/continuity.

Astonishing Member

Now it could be a good time to Kaine to try and help Ben after he made his life hell

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Debatable. It’d take a REALLY good writer and story to unscrew him at this point. And even then all this crap would still linger like a bad fart in his history/continuity.
    Not really, you just need to fix his soul/memories.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Now it could be a good time to Kaine to try and help Ben after he made his life hell
    That would make a lot of sense. Hell, Kaine should have shown up in Beyond a long time before this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Not that hard to do. Thing is, I don't trust current Marvel editorial to do that.

BANNED

I don't think he's unsalvageable but Clone Conspiracy was 6 years ago. Another half decade to get him back to where he was before this arc doesn't sound appealing, especially considering how stupid and worthless the position they have him in right now is.

Say a Ben story starts in June and runs 6 issues and is just dedicated to fixing him. That puts us at 8 months just to get Ben back to a spot where a story anyone would want to read about him is even possible.

If he's gonna play a part in Wells run, that's at least a year, again assuming the intent is to fix him. Then however long for anyone to do anything of him.

It will likely be 2-3 years before Ben is even in a position where a viable story could even be told with him and that's assuming a best possible outcome where they realize they blew it and care to reverse course.

Obviously the best possible story would be to pick up immediately after this reveal with Janine popping her head out that broken window and berating Ben for being an idiot and his hideous costume and moronic new moniker. Then remind him that a he's a genius and be there are like 37 different means of transferring consciousness or restoring memories available in the Marvel universe including the one he knows about with Doc Ock that was used to transfer his mind into the Clone body. And then they go and someone just quickly fixes this and has a good laugh about how stupid the purple and green costume looked. 5 pages tops

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post

Obviously the best possible story would be to pick up immediately after this reveal with Janine popping her head out that broken window and berating Ben for being an idiot and his hideous costume and moronic new moniker. Then remind him that a he's a genius and be there are like 37 different means of transferring consciousness or restoring memories available in the Marvel universe including the one he knows about with Doc Ock that was used to transfer his mind into the Clone body. And then they go and someone just quickly fixes this and has a good laugh about how stupid the purple and green costume looked. 5 pages tops
    That made me chuckle in real life. Thanks, I needed it

BANNED

I don't think he's unsalvageable but Clone Conspiracy was 6 years ago. Another half decade to get him back to where he was before this arc doesn't sound appealing, especially considering how stupid and worthless the position they have him in right now is.

Say a Ben story starts in June and runs 6 issues and is just dedicated to fixing him. That puts us at 8 months just to get Ben back to a spot where a story anyone would want to read about him is even possible.

If he's gonna play a part in Wells run, that's at least a year, again assuming the intent is to fix him. Then however long for anyone to do anything of him.

It will likely be 2-3 years before Ben is even in a position where a viable story could even be told with him and that's assuming a best possible outcome where they realize they blew it and care to reverse course.

The costume thing is also weird. How can a guy with no Peter memories build what appear to be new web-shooters? How can a guy with a blank mind that's hallucinating design a new Spidey-esque costume at all?

Astonishing Member

I don’t understand the spoilers from this issue. It seems a practically brain-dead Ben who is talking like an angry toddler gets devoured by techno-organic spiders. Then … what, Janine recovers him and lives with him for a few months? Can he even independently support himself? Does he go outside? I’m not trying to make light of it, but it almost seems like advanced Alzheimer’s. What has Janine been doing with him between his fight with Peter and Ben suddenly growing some cyber-punk suit and jumping out a window calling himself “CHASM!”?

BANNED

I don’t understand the spoilers from this issue. It seems a practically brain-dead Ben who is talking like an angry toddler gets devoured by techno-organic spiders. Then … what, Janine recovers him and lives with him for a few months? Can he even independently support himself? Does he go outside? I’m not trying to make light of it, but it almost seems like advanced Alzheimer’s. What has Janine been doing with him between his fight with Peter and Ben suddenly growing some cyber-punk suit and jumping out a window calling himself “CHASM!”?
    I think it's what Kakfa was talking about, without the "scaffolding" of his original Peter memories he suffered a total personality collapse. We see him focusing on small things to keep himself going and staving off the collapse, like his memories with Janine. But I guess he just breaks and his personality chasms out. Maybe the goo and spider bots did something too, I don't know why he's glowing.

It's just so stupid

Astonishing Member

I think it's what Kakfa was talking about, without the "scaffolding" of his original Peter memories he suffered a total personality collapse. We see him focusing on small things to keep himself going and staving off the collapse, like his memories with Janine. But I guess he just breaks and his personality chasms out. Maybe the goo and spider bots did something too, I don't know why he's glowing.

It's just so stupid
    Can't wait to read the adventures of one of favourite characters in his new brain-damaged, Alzheimer, teen angsty edgy adventures

BANNED

It's just so stupid
    I assume the greenish goo has something to do with the green glow. But yeah, I don't get the appeal of a character with no actual personality or how he's supposed to function with his mind in the state it's in.

I just realized.
    Are they gonna try and make Ben the Wolverine of the Spider-Man Family? For fucks sake

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I just realized.
    Are they gonna try and make Ben the Wolverine of the Spider-Man Family? For fucks sake
    I thought that was Kaine's job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I just realized.
    Even better! Wolverine doesn’t see his own face as a…. wait for it…. chasm! What’s cooler than a character that sees collapsed nothingness in everyone’s face? /s

Well… at least now we know who had that Uncle Ben dream back in ASM#75 at the beginning of this mess.