Page 127 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2464
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I think we all agree that Ben can be salvaged but I just don't have interest in the journey of getting him there. Especiallly since there's little goodwill towards Marvel's plans as he's already been corrupted twice after he was resurrected.
    Three times. Lest we forget the dumpster fire that was PAD’s Scarlet Spider #25.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know all this stuff happening with Ben makes me glad that Kaine is a no show.

He may not be doing anything nor will that whole plotline with Hummingbird in his Yost Scarlet Spider prolly ever be resolved, but hey at least he won't get screwed over by current editorial.

I like to imagine him and Aracely are out there chilling without a care in the world.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ya know all this stuff happening with Ben makes me glad that Kaine is a no show.

He may not be doing anything nor will that whole plotline with Hummingbird in his Yost Scarlet Spider prolly ever be resolved, but hey at least he won't get screwed over by current editorial.

I like to imagine him and Aracely are out there chilling without a care in the world.
    What makes you think Kaine won't show up in the end of the spiderverse or against Ben?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Three times. Lest we forget the dumpster fire that was PAD’s Scarlet Spider #25.
    Thanks for the reminder.

That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    What makes you think Kaine won't show up in the end of the spiderverse or against Ben?
    It does defy logic and internal consistency at this point, as Kaine did vow to kill Ben if Ben broke bad again, not to mention that all the Beyond hoopla should have gotten his attention, bringing him to New York to bedevil Ben (and Peter) with, "Do you really think you deserve to be Spider-Man after all you've done?" Would have made for a good story, perhaps, and with Aracely there, too, she could try to use her powers to form a kind of bridge to reconciliation between Ben and Kaine.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

How popular is the Kaine Scarlet Spider with fans and at marvel and which Scarlet Spider is more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    marvel kicking themselves for not spelling "chasm" as "chaVm" rn. alliteration sells books, kids.
    Or just "Vast", and excuse the name to be about the vast emptiness he feels or somethin'.

as for being happy to get ben back any old way, i'm personally not. resetting him is as much of a cop out as all the other options.
    Sure, it's just that a lot of people are okay with crap stories if it gets 'em what they want, specially after a bad story.

Hell, on the DC side we had Thawne pulling some Speed Force related asspull to explain all the stupid nonsense that the other Flashes did, fans admit it was garbage but at least characters were more or less back to normal lol.

I'm definitely not okay with that, just commenting this is something people do.

**** like this is why I think he may be killed off again in End of the Spider-Verse, he had it good for too long .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

marvel kicking themselves for not spelling "chasm" as "chaVm" rn. alliteration sells books, kids.
    Or just "Vast", and excuse the name to be about the vast emptiness he feels or somethin'.

as for being happy to get ben back any old way, i'm personally not. resetting him is as much of a cop out as all the other options.
    Sure, it's just that a lot of people are okay with crap stories if it gets 'em what they want, specially after a bad story.

Hell, on the DC side, in The Flash#761, we had Thawne pulling some Negative Speed Force related asspull to explain all the stupid nonsense that the other Flashes did:

Fans admit it was garbage, but the ways they were written out of character were really disliked.

I'm definitely not okay with that kind of stuff, just commenting this is something people do, and if Ben gets a half assed excuse to go back to normal, I won't be surprised.

**** like this is why I think he may be killed off in End of the Spider-Verse, he had it good for too long .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Fans admit it was garbage, but the ways they were written out of character were really disliked.

I'm definitely not okay with that kind of stuff, just commenting this is something people do, and if Ben gets a half assed excuse to go back to normal, I won't be surprised.
    yeah, i got where you're coming from, i was just making my own stance clear too.

negative speed force (which i would just assume is slow force) gives some hypnotic powers and basically takes agency away from all the shitty choices the heroes made because thawne was trolling their brains?

checks out i guess.

maybe he's been whispering to reilly too?
    troo fan or death

yeah, i got where you're coming from, i was just making my own stance clear too.

negative speed force (which i would just assume is slow force) gives some hypnotic powers and basically takes agency away from all the shitty choices the heroes made because thawne was trolling their brains?

checks out i guess.

maybe he's been whispering to reilly too?
    Not necessary, Spidey has its own Thawne with Harry, since he's the guy who made the LMD parents, the guy who made Stacy twins, the guy who made MJ and Norman think that Norman impregnated Gwen, and the guy who brought back Mysterio.

He's also the guy who allowed Mysterio to go to Ultimate Universe, but that is a very ignorable detail mentioned in what felt like a throwaway panel when I read it the first time:

(ASM#71 vol 5).

So yeah, we can say that Harry is the one who made the goop for either Ben or Spidey to fall into, and maybe say he's the guy who banked Jackal to be able to keep resurrecting and killing Ben.

Jokes aside, it is pretty impressive how much Harry did, and without any time traveling, so far at least lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not necessary, Spidey has its own Thawne with Harry, since he's the guy who made the LMD parents, the guy who made Stacy twins, the guy who made MJ and Norman think that Norman impregnated Gwen, and the guy who brought back Mysterio.

He's also the guy who allowed Mysterio to go to Ultimate Universe, but that is a very ignorable detail mentioned in what felt like a throwaway panel when I read it the first time:

(ASM#71 vol 5).

So yeah, we can say that Harry is the one who made the goop for either Ben or Spidey to fall into, and maybe say he's the guy who banked Jackal to be able to keep resurrecting and killing Ben.

Jokes aside, it is pretty impressive how much Harry did, and without any time traveling, so far at least lol.

"so what's your superpower?"

"bad writing"
    troo fan or death

Oh and, I don't remember the exact details, or where Negative Speed Force even came from but, it has different power sets besides giving super speed, though the only think specifically I remember is it not having fast regeneration, since Barry had it for a while and when he got injured he had to wait a normal amount of time to get cured.

Although this is completely contradicted by the time Thawne came back from the dead after being killed and having only bones left, and he regenerated everything, and this is by the same writer, so hey... I think it could be excused that Thawne has more experience, but it's still weird.

It's also funny how both Flash and Spidey got really awkward hypnotism related stuff in really awkward ways... Both done by an overly obsessed ******* (Even if Mysterio was doing it by proxy to Harry/AI Harry) lol.

"so what's your superpower?"

"bad writing"
    It's an Osborn family specialty if Norman being somehow behind Clone Saga is any hint.

Can't wait to see what Normie and/or Stanley comes up with, maybe they'll manage to make Clone Saga look straightforward by comparison.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Well he hasn't appeared in anything since what Pad's Scarlet Spider right?

He was even a no show during Beyond and that brought Ben back.

Feels like they are just ignoring Kaine completely out of total disinterest total.

I will say it does bring to mind a funny bit about Last Remains where Kindred treated characters like Jess and Spider-Gwen as "Peter's family" and didn't bother to bring in the 2 men who are technically his brothers.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

ART BREAK!

I found a tutorial online that showed me how to cheat and make a spaghetti webbing brush in my art program!!

I couldn't wait to try it out which led to me wanting to mimic the style of the man whose art got me into comics all those years ago: Todd McFarlane!

I started with Spidey classic but then, realizing that McFarlane left before ever drawing Scarlet Spider, I had to give it a go in his style.

Enjoy!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    ART BREAK!

I found a tutorial online that showed me how to cheat and make a spaghetti webbing brush in my art program!!

I couldn't wait to try it out which led to me wanting to mimic the style of the man whose art got me into comics all those years ago: Todd McFarlane!

I started with Spidey classic but then, realizing that McFarlane left before ever drawing Scarlet Spider, I had to give it a go in his style.

Enjoy!
    Wow!

I just suffered through some terrible fill-in art on ASM #10. Meanwhile people like you are doing far superior work pro-bono, but don’t have a book to showcase their talents. If you could keep a schedule, you should be on a book at one of the Big Two.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    ART BREAK!

Enjoy!
    A Scarlet Spider book in that style would a treat!