Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I don't know man, higher ups could read that as no interest in Ben Reilly at all. But if JMD mini beats Beyond in sales that would be a clearer signal IMHO
    I'm sure if the mini DeMatteis has a sequel, it will sell better. What will you buy, a comic called "Ben Reilly: Spider-Man" or "Chasm"? People won't even understand what the Chasm is, because it's not even the name of the Spider.

Folks, it's okay to express your disappointment over an issue, storyline, upcoming direction you're not looking forward to, etc...but any use of these forums to organize a harassment campaign against the comic professionals in question will not be tolerated. Keep your criticisms civil and be mature.

EDIT: This is not up for debate. Posts replying to this have been deleted, concentrate on the actual thread topic.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-29-2022 at 05:35 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I'm sure if the mini DeMatteis has a sequel, it will sell better. What will you buy, a comic called "Ben Reilly: Spider-Man" or "Chasm"? People won't even understand what the Chasm is, because it's not even the name of the Spider.
    Chasm is an awful name. They should have something spider-related

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Technically Kaine isn't spider related either
    I wonder how resourceful and what lengths Janie will go to cure Ben. She's not one to sit around and let this happen to Ben

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Kaine didn't wear a spider themed costume. His name fit the "evil brother" premise and his "mark of Kaine" powers.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how resourceful and what lengths Janie will go to cure Ben. She's not one to sit around and let this happen to Ben
    That's why his book was called Scarlet Spider

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Even Immortal Hulk fizzled out at the end, and Cates was never interested in sticking with what it changed or informed about the mythos.
    Oh I agree. But at least that had some good story. Beyond was awful and just shat on all the Ben fans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Could go with Recluse, since there is an actual spider species called the brown recluse spider. And yes, if this does get revisited in the future, I'm looking forward to seeing what Janine does to try to help Ben back to himself --- or as much himself as he can be now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Well, do you guys think there will be an annnouncemnete about Ben (Ben?) after #93 drops?

Spectacular Member

Well, do you guys think there will be an annnouncemnete about Ben (Ben?) after #93 drops?
    Maybe but it’s not BEn so why even bother wasting money on that as well. Marvel will find a way to make the character even worse than he already is. Heck the rumors about Ben being anti venom would of been better than this crap.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully the announcement is “…. And it was all a dream.

And yeah, I’m still sending a (respectful) letter if the complete contents are as bad as the spoiled pages have led me to believe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hopefully the announcement is “…. And it was all a dream.

And yeah, I’m still sending a (respectful) letter if the complete contents are as bad as the spoiled pages have led me to believe.

A person I know has seen it. He’s not a big reilly fan as he grew up on Peter, but he said the spoilers are basically the gist of the comic. He said to expect the worse as it’s super bad!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    A person I know has seen it. He’s not a big reilly fan as he grew up on Peter, but he said the spoilers are basically the gist of the comic. He said to expect the worse as it’s super bad!
    Maybe Ben starts his path to recovery after this, the silver lining is that it's a super open ending

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Maybe Ben starts his path to recovery after this, the silver lining is that it's a super open ending
    Well problem with that is that had an open ending with the return of MC2 Peter but where's that follow up?

Astonishing Member

Well problem with that is that had an open ending with the return of MC2 Peter but where's that follow up?
    I don't understand, sorry