Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2464

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Damn. It’s such garbage that we haven’t seen Kaine in about 4 years (Spidergeddon came out in 2018).
    yeah maybe Kaine can put some sense into Ben
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Damn. It’s such garbage that we haven’t seen Kaine in about 4 years (Spidergeddon came out in 2018).
    Considering the shit Spidey and Ben are going through, Kaine is the lucky one for not showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Yeah, it's better for us and for Kaine that he is absence from this shit show.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Dark Web promo image and the announcement confirms Chasm is a villain and not an anti-hero.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Dark Web promo image and the announcement confirms Chasm is a villain and not an anti-hero.
    Still want Kaine to show up, if only so he can react to being apparently the only one of the "Parker Brothers" who actually has his s*** together anymore.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Ben getting screwed over again. I have a feeling that as time goes by, Beyond will be thought of the same way OMD is: Despised by the majority of fans.

Astonishing Member

So, the alternate cover for ASM 14 (Chasm's return) is Hallows Eve furthering the theory that she's in fact Janine.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    So, the alternate cover for ASM 14 (Chasm's return) is Hallows Eve furthering the theory that she's in fact Janine.
    I don't feel bad for her character, but it's interesting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I don't feel bad for her character, but it's interesting
    I feel bad for her. She was put in jail for killing her incestuous father in self defense and her life has been consistently miserable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I feel bad for her. She was put in jail for killing her incestuous father in self defense and her life has been consistently miserable.
    Yeah, she and Ben had it rougher than Peter/MJ. They deserve to be happy.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

They will, just that she has to go full blown villain is a turn I understand, but question is why

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Uh-huh. For a future that's supposed to be comparatively more positive and upbeat than the mainline comics have been in some time, MC2 is even worse for her in that regard. She gives birth to a son with Ben, only since she's still in prison, that son is instead placed in the care of her relatives that resent if not flat-out hate Janine for killing her incestuous father and ends up abused by them all the way until his teen years, when the spider-powers he inherited from Ben kick in and he runs away. Alas, the cellular degeneration inherent to clones kicks in as well, and while he's ultimately saved by Kaine's attempt at intervention, it comes at the cost of being forcibly bonded with part of Zarathos, the demon whose possession of Johnny Blaze created Ghost Rider, and losing what's left of his childhood, though at least the spirit of Matt Murdock/Daredevil is there for him as a mentor and moral guidepost, keeping the demon part in check.

Yeah, she and Ben had it rougher than Peter/MJ. They deserve to be happy.
    Cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    They will, just that she has to go full blown villain is a turn I understand, but question is why
    My question as well. Did she also take a dip in those "quantum-shifting polymers contained in a psycho-reactive medium" that Ben let himself get dunked in at the end of Beyond?

Marvel has said that this character can be friend or foe. If it's Janine, I hope she becomes a hero and helps Peter bring Ben back to the light side. Then they could leave New York to travel the world together like in The Lost Years and help people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Marvel has said that this character can be friend or foe. If it's Janine, I hope she becomes a hero and helps Peter bring Ben back to the light side. Then they could leave New York to travel the world together like in The Lost Years and help people.
    The issue will also introduce a brand-new villain shrouded in mystery: Hallows' Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    That would be nice.

The issue will also introduce a brand-new villain shrouded in mystery: Hallows' Eve
    How she's billed so far, yeah, though the "shrouded in mystery" portion does give room to hope for a more redemptive turn at some point, either in this arc or later down the line.