Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2464
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    His future as CHASM begins
    https://twitter.com/MarvelPuzzle/sta...BQWe3DcXQ&s=09

Description:

https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest...sm-ben-reilly/

Affiliations: Villains, Spider-Verse, Street Level, Enhanced
    They certainly seem to want to milk this for all they can get out of it. I wonder how long it'll be before "Chasm" gets incorporated into better-known Marvel mobile games like Future Fight and Contest of Champions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Random thought: Even if Ben gets restored back to his old self again, I could see Marvel having it so he's still bitter and doesn't want to have anything to do with Peter anymore and just never wants to see him or talk to him ever again. Burns his last bridge with him and all that. I would be sad if that happened, but part of me is just expecting it.
    spoilers:
    >Kaine becomes his favorite brother.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Ben will be this stupid bad guy now forever, he’s Lowe’s attempt at a new Venom for Spider-Man now that the real one is too popular.

So painful to watch this stupidity unfold and this flop so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Random thought: Even if Ben gets restored back to his old self again, I could see Marvel having it so he's still bitter and doesn't want to have anything to do with Peter anymore and just never wants to see him or talk to him ever again. Burns his last bridge with him and all that. I would be sad if that happened, but part of me is just expecting it.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    that wouldn't be bad for him though if that's what it takes for his mental health to be fine then so be it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, if Ben ever gets back to his old self, I wouldn't be surprised or even mind if he is a bit more of a bitter, haunted character. He's been through immense trauma since his resurrection, been through madness and betrayal, so it'd be a natural progression of his character for once. I can see him being sort of like a Bucky Barnes type character where having his mind back means he has to come to terms with a lot of guilt and grief for what he's done and what he's been through. I think that would be more interesting to read about than him just being a mustache twirling villain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Honestly, if Ben ever gets back to his old self, I wouldn't be surprised or even mind if he is a bit more of a bitter, haunted character. He's been through immense trauma since his resurrection, been through madness and betrayal, so it'd be a natural progression of his character for once. I can see him being sort of like a Bucky Barnes type character where having his mind back means he has to come to terms with a lot of guilt and grief for what he's done and what he's been through. I think that would be more interesting to read about than him just being a mustache twirling villain.
    Although not as bad as being an outright villain, I still have no interest in reading about a damaged Red Hood/Winter Soldier version of Ben.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Although not as bad as being an outright villain, I still have no interest in reading about a damaged Red Hood/Winter Soldier version of Ben.
    I don't think of Bucky as being on the same level of Red Hood. Bucky is a good guy that was forced to do terrible things and has tried very hard to atone for them since getting his mind back. He was even Captain America. He's not some bloodthirsty antihero. That's not what I'm suggesting at all.

Even in Ben's early days and the recent Dematteis series, Ben was portrayed as pretty bitter and closed off at times. He's always been Peter with a much harsher life and a bit more of a temper. I mostly just mean that it they want to differentiate the two, playing up that difference would make a lot of sense after all Ben has been through.

I'm not suggesting making him a killer or some edgy antihero. I was thinking more along the lines of Ben in "Humanity Agenda" or even Andrew Garfield's Spidey in NWH with a bit of that Bucky thing where he's a good person that did bad things and is trying to find his way back.

I think that would make more sense with the character and be more interesting than anything they're doing now. But, no, I'm not suggesting he become a violent Jason Todd type or Kaine 2.0 or anything like that.

Funny enough, though, even Jason Todd has been trying to take a step back from the "(more) violent and antagonistic anti-hero" thing because recent comics have given him some greater perspective on the course of his life and he's also trying to prove to the rest of the Bat-Family that he's not a complete lost cause. I could see Ben moving to a different city like Kaine did, or going back to traveling the country, because as far as he's concerned, as long as he and Peter are both in New York, both with the same face and most of the same foundational memories, he's always going to be in Peter's shadow, constantly reminded of a life that was never truly his.

His future as CHASM begins
    https://twitter.com/MarvelPuzzle/sta...BQWe3DcXQ&s=09

Description:

https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest...sm-ben-reilly/

Affiliations: Villains, Spider-Verse, Street Level, Enhanced
    Was not expecting that yet. We've barely even seen Chasm in the comics so far.

Creating a mystery just to spoil it hours later is the most Marvel-esque thing.
    They didn't spoil it though? The article doesn't mention Hallow's Eve's identity. Janine isn't even mentioned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...15652340613120

I wonder if he'll be apart of the even. Drawing or writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was not expecting that yet. We've barely even seen Chasm in the comics so far.

They didn't spoil it though? The article doesn't mention Hallow's Eve's identity. Janine isn't even mentioned.
    I was referring to the "friend or foe?" thing, not her identity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

That back is uninspired. I still like the costume though

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I really hope he takes over ASM next

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, though, even Jason Todd has been trying to take a step back from the "(more) violent and antagonistic anti-hero" thing because recent comics have given him some greater perspective on the course of his life and he's also trying to prove to the rest of the Bat-Family that he's not a complete lost cause. I could see Ben moving to a different city like Kaine did, or going back to traveling the country, because as far as he's concerned, as long as he and Peter are both in New York, both with the same face and most of the same foundational memories, he's always going to be in Peter's shadow, constantly reminded of a life that was never truly his.
    I would be all for that take, although I like the idea of Ben having a consistent supporting cast and interacting with Peter and the MU and you can't get that as much from being on the road. Also, I always thought it would be interesting for someone like Dematteis to tackle Ben back to his original mindset, but having to grapple with some of the darker moments of his recent past. Kaine and him would have a LOT to talk about.

I also admit I'm biased because I'm a person that's had their share of trauma and guilt issues in their own life (not to the same extremes, obviously) and I always relate to stories about people pulling themselves out of that dark hole and trying to heal and be better people, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

At least we know what the suit looks like from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I would be all for that take, although I like the idea of Ben having a consistent supporting cast and interacting with Peter and the MU and you can't get that as much from being on the road. Also, I always thought it would be interesting for someone like Dematteis to tackle Ben back to his original mindset, but having to grapple with some of the darker moments of his recent past. Kaine and him would have a LOT to talk about.

I also admit I'm biased because I'm a person that's had their share of trauma and guilt issues in their own life (not to the same extremes, obviously) and I always relate to stories about people pulling themselves out of that dark hole and trying to heal and be better people, you know?
    I hear you there, and I can respect that take.