Page 146 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2464
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I don't think it's crazy to interpret it that way, but I don't think that's a definitive reading of the scene. Maybe if she said something we'd have a better indication of whether this is just a sweet moment between super-powered antagonists or a hint that the new status quo between Ben and Janine isn't doing their relationship any favors.

Will Janine regret her choice?

Legitimately curious about her role going forward.

-Pav, who wonders how her powers will work...
    I mean, I guess it could be the artwork, her lips are throwing me off for some reason.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I mean, I guess it could be the artwork, her lips are throwing me off for some reason.
    Her body language too.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Her body language too.
    Yeah...something's just not right, but I don't remember this artist ever drawing anything romantic before. I remember him mostly for his gruesome depiction of a mutilated, Phalanxed Supreme Intelligence.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I don't like what they are doing to Janine and Ben. How can this be salvage?

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Hopefully, the Marvel Spidey office has their fun with Dark Web and then he gets his memories back and that’s that.

I guess I can see how people are saying he could be an attempt to fill the villain void left by Venom. An antagonist whose only purpose is to “get” Spidey and not have any other villains aspirations.

It would be creepy knowing there is someone out there that wants to steal your soul and maybe… replace you?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Chasm gets Peter's soul, which restores his own memories in full, causing him to vomit up Peter's soul in horror and disgust with himself and what he's become, which (somehow) reunites Peter's soul with his own body. Still reeling from the horrors of what he's done and become, Ben takes off with Janine/Hallow's Eve so they can find their own way in life, out of the shadow of Peter and Mary Jane.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

It’s great to know Ben Reilly is a “Shang Tsung” fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    he dies for good

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Hopefully, the Marvel Spidey office has their fun with Dark Web and then he gets his memories back and that’s that.

I guess I can see how people are saying he could be an attempt to fill the villain void left by Venom. An antagonist whose only purpose is to “get” Spidey and not have any other villains aspirations.

It would be creepy knowing there is someone out there that wants to steal your soul and maybe… replace you?
    It is his original purpose
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Spider-Man 14 was a comic that I read.
    Honestly couldn't finish this book. I just couldn't. R.I.P Ben Reilly (Janine too, though I liked her here slightly more than I expected to admittedly). To the day when Chasm dies and the one true Spider-Man returns.
    Page12.jpg
    spoilers:
    I know it's more likely he'll just go back to Scarlet Spider but let me have this.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Chasm gets Peter's soul, which restores his own memories in full, causing him to vomit up Peter's soul in horror and disgust with himself and what he's become, which (somehow) reunites Peter's soul with his own body. Still reeling from the horrors of what he's done and become, Ben takes off with Janine/Hallow's Eve so they can find their own way in life, out of the shadow of Peter and Mary Jane.
    This is not a bad idea. This is a perfect way to write them out and have them come back every once in a while for events or something

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he dies for good

It is his original purpose
    Him dying for good right now would be the worst thing that could happen. If he dies now, there's no redemption and he basically goes to Clone Hell with his legacy being Chasm.

I get that this sucks, but as long as he's alive and in use, there's every chance he'll eventually go back to who he was. Wally West went through an even worse character assassination and he's enjoying the best run he's had since Waid right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Him dying for good right now would be the worst thing that could happen. If he dies now, there's no redemption and he basically goes to Clone Hell with his legacy being Chasm.

I get that this sucks, but as long as he's alive and in use, there's every chance he'll eventually go back to who he was. Wally West went through an even worse character assassination and he's enjoying the best run he's had since Waid right now.
    Ohh yeah. Now there's an example of pariah to leading man in 12 issues. Or was it five?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Ohh yeah. Now there's an example of pariah to leading man in 12 issues. Or was it five?
    It started in that 5 issue series, there was a quick explanation of his behavior tossed in a random Flash issue and then a 6-ish issue story in Wally's Flash that retconned the rest and now he's totally back to normal and the bad times aren't really even mentioned.

There's a ton of ways to easily fix Ben and I think it'll happen inevitably. I've had so many characters I like become evil, die, get retconned, etc that I feel like I'm a little more calm about it than some other Ben fans. I strongly disagree with this direction for Ben, but I doubt it'll last.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

They could, at any moment, have another Ben come swinging in like “Hey guys! I’m back! I just woke up in a basement of some demolished building called NewU. How’s the rest of 1996 been? Don’t suppose anyone taped the last few episodes of the X-Files?”
    Last edited by Obsidian Spider; 11-24-2022 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It started in that 5 issue series, there was a quick explanation of his behavior tossed in a random Flash issue and then a 6-ish issue story in Wally's Flash that retconned the rest and now he's totally back to normal and the bad times aren't really even mentioned.

There's a ton of ways to easily fix Ben and I think it'll happen inevitably. I've had so many characters I like become evil, die, get retconned, etc that I feel like I'm a little more calm about it than some other Ben fans. I strongly disagree with this direction for Ben, but I doubt it'll last.
    I have had many favorites go through the same events. Keep in mind that the success stories like Wally West happened over a period of about 15 years. From Bart being Flash after Geoff’s crisis to Wally being the flash again in todays comics. Over those 15 years there where dark times and nothing ever stated everything would work out.

Cassandra Cain went evil in the most nonsense way I have seen. She got fixed in stages over the years but had at least 10 years of limbo.

Kyle Raynor is MIA. He has had it though since Hal got back(in my opinion) but most would say he’s been in bad shape since Green Lantern corps ended.

Captain Atom went evil in countdown to final crisis. He is yet fixed nor does he really appear.

Even if characters might get fixed and it’s all cyclical it takes decades. I think boots stated it in the review thread. Will we be here in 2042?
    Last edited by Malachi; 11-24-2022 at 06:25 AM.