Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2464
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Well, since you are being the ever-pessimist
    I was making a guess based on an understanding of Parker Luck. That doesn't make me a pessimist. I'm one of few Spider-Man fans who will stick up for Marvel for still giving the marriage a place at the table even when noone else will credit them with it.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I was making a guess based on an understanding of Parker Luck. That doesn't make me a pessimist. I'm one of few Spider-Man fans who will stick up for Marvel for still giving the marriage a place at the table even when noone else will credit them with it.
    I'm sorry. That was a misunderstanding on my part.

I hate the Parker Luck concept. Why does luck work differently for Peter Parker than it does everyone else? I am being serious here. Does Spider-Man have luck manipulation powers like Domino except his screws him over?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-25-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Great thread by our very own (?) David Walton:

https://twitter.com/BenReilly149/sta...66254259503104
    Indeed, but very unfortunate that it had to be made at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Great thread by our very own (?) David Walton:

https://twitter.com/BenReilly149/sta...66254259503104
    Janine's characterization has been very frustrating. From her first modern appearance in that Beyond prelude, depicting her as being more hardened and volatile, I've been raising my eyebrows at her depiction. A lot of this reads like Wells only read wiki entries on the characters rather than actually doing actual research. I agree with the thread saying how hollow and mean-spirited it all seems.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Janine's characterization has been very frustrating. From her first modern appearance in that Beyond prelude, depicting her as being more hardened and volatile, I've been raising my eyebrows at her depiction. A lot of this reads like Wells only read wiki entries on the characters rather than actually doing actual research. I agree with the thread saying how hollow and mean-spirited it all seems.
    That's Wells "foreshadowing"

He had that bad idea in mind since the begining, I'll give him that.

BANNED

That's Wells "foreshadowing"

He had that bad idea in mind since the begining, I'll give him that.
    Oh, I know, but it rang very false to me. Like, I get that prison is a tough place, but the insistence on depicting Janine as a hardened criminal when she was really a victim felt very gross to me.

BANNED

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Oh, I know, but it rang very false to me. Like, I get that prison is a tough place, but the insistence on depicting Janine as a hardened criminal when she was really a victim felt very gross to me.
    A fair point, in retrospect. Granted, she may have had to toughen up some to survive in prison, but depicting and treating her as more of a hardened criminal as opposed to someone who did what she had to do to get out of an abusive situation . . . not a good look, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Random Ben Reilly Idea- Marvel obviously seems unclear what to do with the character. There are other people with spider-powers and Kaine is more marketable as a clone with his own title. There is always the problem differentiating Peter and Ben.

The recent solution was to make Ben a villain, but I don't think this works.

I suggested that one strategy would be to put Ben Reilly in a different series (IE- a team book), and to allow him to have intense life-changing experiences that could set him in a different direction from Peter.

Could it make sense to have some scenario where Ben becomes older, perhaps he's stuck protecting a village where time moves differently. It would also mean that Ben's perspective, more time has passed since his days as the Jackal or Chasm.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Random Ben Reilly Idea- Marvel obviously seems unclear what to do with the character. There are other people with spider-powers and Kaine is more marketable as a clone with his own title. There is always the problem differentiating Peter and Ben.

I suggested that one strategy would be to put Ben Reilly in a different series (IE- a team book), and to allow him to have intense life-changing experiences that could set him in a different direction from Peter.

Could it make sense to have some scenario where Ben becomes older, perhaps he's stuck protecting a village where time moves differently. It would also mean that Ben's perspective, more time has passed since his days as the Jackal or Chasm.
    Maybe him a magic user and join the midnight sons for supernatural adventures

BANNED

Get Ben (and Julia Carpenter for that matter) the heck away from Peter and NYC. The last series did right placing him at the west coast (but not making him Deadpool-Lite) like Nevada or California. Keep his spider powers and make him a hero again but throw in some REPAIRMAN JACK as a vigilante for the common man who simply does not exist. That would be his strength and also weakness, living off the grid but wanting to make a real life for himself beyond the memories that are not his.

Astonishing Member

Monica recreating NextWave and recruiting Ben to chase Beyond and Maxine Danger. It'd be the most logical outcome from the Beyond storyline, not Dark Web

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Art break!

As much as I want my optimistic hoodie-sporting clone bro back, this new costume is fun to draw. I wanted to lean into the creepiness with this illustration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Art break!

As much as I want my optimistic hoodie-sporting clone bro back, this new costume is fun to draw. I wanted to lean into the creepiness with this illustration.

Pretty slick work there

BANNED

I don't think Ben needs a team book for that. He's already had some very intense, life changing experiences as it is. If and when he gets his mind restored, he's going to have a lot to deal with emotionally. There's all kinds of ways you could have Ben evolve from what's happened to him so far.

I'm not sure about Kaine being more marketable. Kaine's solo lasted about the same amount of issues as Ben's did and I think Ben has a bigger fanbase overall. Don't get me wrong, I love Kaine, but I don't know that he has any real advantage there.

I think a lot of people just want a "Scarlet Spiders" title with both of them on the road together.