Page 15 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well Ben is moving to Hollywood or something with Janine right?
    Not set in stone, we'll see

BANNED

Dunno how I feel a about the preview pages. The art looks rough and I wish there was something more interesting going on than a fist fight between Ben and Peter.

Holding out hope but the arc hasn't done much to earn it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Dunno how I feel a about the preview pages. The art looks rough and I wish there was something more interesting going on than a fist fight between Ben and Peter.

Holding out hope but the arc hasn't done much to earn it
    The highlight has been the ladies: Felicia, Janine and MJ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Peter vs. Ben in a preview of Amazing Spider-Man #93, the 'Beyond' era conclusion

"But while it's undoubtedly the end of this Ben Reilly era as Marvel gets ready to celebrate Peter's 60th anniversary this year, it is Marvel after all, so according to the publisher, the end of Ben's time as Spidey, 'may be the beginning of something else...'"

https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-ma...ce=twitter.com

Ben is carying the device that Beyond used to erase his memories. Why is Peter trying to stop him?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Ben is carying the device that Beyond used to erase his memories. Why is Peter trying to stop him?
    My theory from the beginning has been Ben will try to sacrifice himself and Peter is trying to stop him
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    My theory from the beginning has been Ben will try to sacrifice himself and Peter is trying to stop him
    But why does he carriy the memory device with him to sacrifice himself?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Maybe he thinks he can reverse-engineer it to give him back his memories, and Peter's trying to stop him because he might just end up frying his brain completely instead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Not sure, but it's certainly possible the memory device either has extra functionality or allows Ben access into some area.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Not sure why people are saying the art is rough. Looks good to me. Love the first preview page with accurate flashbacks of lesser known moments from the clone saga (Ben meeting MJ as Scarlet, and Peter and Ben’s moving talk in the attic).

Being on the same page I think it shows the duality of the mixed feelings the Parkers have towards Ben, a bit of a love-hate relationship (what family doesn’t?).

Astonishing Member

The preview states ‘you’ll be surprised who you root for.’ People aren’t thinking out of the box. I bet Peter gets mindwiped by Beyond in #92 just as Ben regains his sense of self and now he’s trying to fix Peter too before it’s too late.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not sure why people are saying the art is rough. Looks good to me. Love the first preview page with accurate flashbacks of lesser known moments from the clone saga (Ben meeting MJ as Scarlet, and Peter and Ben’s moving talk in the attic).

Being on the same page I think it shows the duality of the mixed feelings the Parkers have towards Ben, a bit of a love-hate relationship (what family doesn’t?).
    Yeah, Gleason generally does good, if not great, art. And yes, recapping those quieter moments from the 90s Clone Saga and juxtaposing them with what's going on currently . . . that's a nice touch as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The preview states ‘you’ll be surprised who you root for.’ People aren’t thinking out of the box. I bet Peter gets mindwiped by Beyond in #92 just as Ben regains his sense of self and now he’s trying to fix Peter too before it’s too late.
    Are you on Twitter? Someone has this exact theory

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Gleason generally does good, if not great, art. And yes, recapping those quieter moments from the 90s Clone Saga and juxtaposing them with what's going on currently . . . that's a nice touch as well.
    I’d say “great” personally. I think his art in #75 was especially gorgeous.

As for this flashback page, another thought I had was maybe this is Ben regaining some memories. It can’t be Peter’s because he wasn’t there when Ben met MJ.

Astonishing Member

Could be flashbacks more than memories.

Astonishing Member

Are you on Twitter? Someone has this exact theory
    No. I hadn’t seen that. Guess we came up with it independently. Hopefully that line in the preview means something and isn’t like the Spencer era previews that would sometimes be misleading.

The one caveat is Peter isn’t a clone, so how do they use the same tech to wipe his memory that they did Ben? But I’m sure they can write around that.