Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2464
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Had a few minutes to sketch our boy again and this is the only place I know it will be actually appreciated.

And appreciated it is. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Together, Pryor and Reilly aim to launch an attack on New York City, with Chasm looking to steal Parker’s soul with help from Pryor. In their fight, they’ll be joined by Godbe, who has become the villainous Hallows’ Eve, and Eddie Brock, AKA Venom, with whom Pryor struck a deal so that he might get back to his son, Dylan Brock.

Making matters worse, the duo are catching Parker at a particularly rough time in his life. Following “Beyond,” Parker is in massive medical debt and has found himself isolated from many of his key friends and allies, including Watson. That means Spider-Man is going to be fighting to keep what’s left of his life against both his own clone and one of the Marvel Universe’s most dangerous villains – and the price for losing is his very soul.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-man-crossover

Ben be all Shang Tsung in this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Venom liked to eat brains, Benom likes to eat souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "Your soul is mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Venom liked to eat brains, Benom likes to eat souls.
    The only soul he seems interested in is Peter Parker's, though I am still of the opinion/belief that eating Peter's soul could restore his full memories, at which point he would, if written in-character, be crippled with shame, guilt, and remorse for what he'd done to his "brother" as Chasm. Then, after Peter's soul was somehow reunited with his body again, Ben could go on a long, soul-searching journey across the country, if not the world, hunting down lingering Beyond outposts and strongholds while trying to figure out a way to live with himself and what he had become. Of course, "in-character" seems like a huge ask these days . . .

About that soul thing... I hope that Death is going to reach out to Ben and restore his memories in the climax of the battle, so he could erase his sins and sacrifice for the greater good (saving everyone). That would make him a real hero again (as one he is supposed to be), and he would be left alone, because writers at the Marvel HQ clearly have no intention or idea of using him THE RIGHT WAY.

And I'd rather him to die as a hero, than him being alive as a cringe worthy and unoriginal villain.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    About that soul thing... I hope that Death is going to reach out to Ben and restore his memories in the climax of the battle, so he could erase his sins and sacrifice for the greater good (saving everyone). That would make him a real hero again (as one he is supposed to be), and he would be left alone, because writers at the Marvel HQ clearly have no intention or idea of using him THE RIGHT WAY.

And I'd rather him to die as a hero, than him being alive as a cringe worthy and unoriginal villain.
    Well death is now a new character as Rick Jones gf has taken over the roll. So the entity that he talked to in the past that was death can't help

Considering the recent state of Death as per Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #5 . . . spoilers:
    it could be Marlo Chandler who shows up, which would bring things full circle considering Death was disguised as Marlo when Ben first encountered her.
    end of spoilers

"Ben Reilly eats souls" is not a phrase I ever expected to hear
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    "Ben Reilly eats souls" is not a phrase I ever expected to hear
    Me, neither, but such is the world we live in now.

https://twitter.com/VegetaIV/status/...CZtFY9vagtKWPw

Holy shit, I didn't even think about it until this guy pointed it out, LOL. This is so bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

Holy shit, I didn't even think about it until this guy pointed it out, LOL. This is so bad.
    I thought the same. We don't know clearly the state of Ben's mind. he seems to keep forgeting things...but he would be barely functional.
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 12-02-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

I was just discussing the same things with someone on Twitter today, I'd rather have Ben alive.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

I thought the same. We don't know clearly the state of Ben's mind. he seems to keep forgeting things...but ha would be barely functional.
    Wow, yeah . . .

BANNED

I was just discussing the same things with someone on Twitter today, I'd rather have Ben alive.
    I'd rather have Ben alive, too. As long as the character is in use and in the public eye, they'll continue to evolve and eventually go back to their most popular and classic incarnation. Having him die now just means we'll never see him again and his legacy remains tarnished.

It's a dumb story, which happens to a lot of characters. I can't even think of how many times a character I love has gone crazy or had some stupid, OOC storyline (even Tony Stark became a murderous sleeper agent for Kang, died and was replaced by a younger version of himself from a divergent timeline and Captain America was the leader of Hydra a few years ago). It's comics. Ben will likely bounce back. But he isn't a big enough character that I'm confident he'll come back if they kill him off again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'd rather have Ben alive, too. As long as the character is in use and in the public eye, they'll continue to evolve and eventually go back to their most popular and classic incarnation. Having him die now just means we'll never see him again and his legacy remains tarnished.

It's a dumb story, which happens to a lot of characters. I can't even think of how many times a character I love has gone crazy or had some stupid, OOC storyline (even Tony Stark became a murderous sleeper agent for Kang, died and was replaced by a younger version of himself from a divergent timeline and Captain America was the leader of Hydra a few years ago). It's comics. Ben will likely bounce back. But he isn't a big enough character that I'm confident he'll come back if they kill him off again.
    Also, if he gets a good portrayal in ATSV and gets some traction Marvel could reconsider