Page 152 of 165 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2464

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    "Ben Reilly eats souls" is not a phrase I ever expected to hear
    Yea well, Aunt May eats babies wasn’t on my bingo card either yet here we are. What happened to the Spider-books?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea well, Aunt May eats babies wasn’t on my bingo card either yet here we are. What happened to the Spider-books?
    They went to a Civil War, dressed Back in Black and fell deep into the abyss of Hell is what happened.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'd rather have Ben alive, too. As long as the character is in use and in the public eye, they'll continue to evolve and eventually go back to their most popular and classic incarnation. Having him die now just means we'll never see him again and his legacy remains tarnished.

It's a dumb story, which happens to a lot of characters. I can't even think of how many times a character I love has gone crazy or had some stupid, OOC storyline (even Tony Stark became a murderous sleeper agent for Kang, died and was replaced by a younger version of himself from a divergent timeline and Captain America was the leader of Hydra a few years ago). It's comics. Ben will likely bounce back. But he isn't a big enough character that I'm confident he'll come back if they kill him off again.
    True enough, for better or worse.

Edgelord B.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They went to a Civil War, dressed Back in Black and fell deep into the abyss of Hell is what happened.
    Yeah, you're right. Civil War/Back in Black was where things really started going wrong, then One More Day was the punctuation mark on that wrong, and aside from some glimmers of hope here and there . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Civil War/Back in Black was where things really started going wrong, then One More Day was the punctuation mark on that wrong, and aside from some glimmers of hope here and there . . .
    Yet those glimmers were always fleeting, the best we got was Spencer's run and Quesada clearly decided to directly interfere at what would have been a major step in unraveling his precious One More Day, you know...to make sure he pissed everyone off one last time before he was replaced.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-03-2022 at 09:53 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh yeah, it's not brought up much, but OMD was a device to put the public identity back in the bottle as much as it was a divorce story.

Anyone remember if Marvel's on record on this? Was the Civil War reveal done with OMD following it in mind, or without a determined way to bring the genie back into the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Oh yeah, it's not brought up much, but OMD was a device to put the public identity back in the bottle as much as it was a divorce story.

Anyone remember if Marvel's on record on this? Was the Civil War reveal done with OMD following it in mind, or without a determined way to bring the genie back into the bottle?
    Tom Breevort had this to say in the interviews featured in the Civil War Script Book, which I have on me right now: "...the Registration Act didn't require Spidey to unmask publicly. However, as Tony said over in Amazing, as he's going to be the face of the Registation Act before the public, he and his need to be above reproach. This is why Tony himself came clean against in Front Line #1, and why Pete felt the need to do so in Civil War #2. If he hadn't, he couldn't have functioned as Tony's right-hand man, which is what he promised he'd do." The book also follows up about a writers retreat where they discussed which title the reveal should happen in, so in regard to the reveal it was planned as for One More Day...given how sloppily it was written, I think it was a last minute decision on how to go about putting the genie back in the bottle. I haven't heard anything to the contrary other than Quesada's ever-changing answers.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-04-2022 at 01:47 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Also, if he gets a good portrayal in ATSV and gets some traction Marvel could reconsider
    I think there's a pretty good chance of that. It doesn't seem to be well-received in the first place, so I doubt it'll stick, especially with ATSV on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Tom Breevort had this to say in the interviews featured in the Civil War Script Book, which I have on me right now: "...the Registration Act didn't require Spidey to unmask publicly. However, as Tony said over in Amazing, as he's going to be the face of the Registation Act before the public, he and his need to be above reproach. This is why Tony himself came clean against in Front Line #1, and why Pete felt the need to do so in Civil War #2. If he hadn't, he couldn't have functioned as Tony's right-hand man, which is what he promised he'd do." The book also follows up about a writers retreat where they discussed which title the reveal should happen in, so in regard to the reveal it was planned as for One More Day...given how sloppily it was written, I think it was a last minute decision on how to go about putting the genie back in the bottle. I haven't heard anything to the contrary other than Quesada's ever-changing answers.
    Gotcha. Cheers, Cap'n!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Gotcha. Cheers, Cap'n!
    Cheers! I was just glad I happen to have the script book laying around at that exact moment.

You know, this entire narrative that they’re pushing with Ben claiming that Peter stole everything from him has already gotten exceptionally old especially when Maxine was the one who caused him to become the way he is now and he just let her get away with it. Peter meanwhile basically is getting blamed for existing as the original even when he expressed wanting to help Ben. Ben’s entire character motivation has basically been reduced to PIS. Like, at this point, I really wish Peter would ring Ben’s bell while calling him out on his bullshit just to knock some sense into him.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-07-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

You know, this entire narrative that they’re pushing with Ben claiming that Peter stole everything from him has already gotten exceptionally old especially when Maxine was the one who caused him to become the way he is now and he just let her get away with it. Peter meanwhile basically is getting blamed for existing as the original even when he expressed wanting to help Ben. Ben’s entire character motivation has basically been reduced to PIS. Like, at this point, I really wish Peter would ring Ben’s bell while calling him out on his bullshit just to knock some sense into him.
    As I said before, Chasm would be better suited for a NextWave revival as a damaged hero working with Monica to bring down Beyond in surrealistic adventures.

Or he could be SS again, that would be better yet. But if they intend to keep Chasm...

As I said before, Chasm would be better suited for a NextWave revival as a damaged hero working with Monica to bring down Beyond in surrealistic adventures.

Or he could be SS again, that would be better yet. But if they intend to keep Chasm...
    It could have but you know how it is with Marvel these days. House of ideas, and most of them bad or uninspired.

Astonishing Member

Now that I think about it, two issues in we still don't know what Ben's powers are. His powers are punching I guess.

Now that I think about it, two issues in we still don't know what Ben's powers are. His powers are punching I guess.
    was the goo suppose to give him a power up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy