Page 16 of 165 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I loved Gleason on 75. But I think the preview pages we have here to do not stack up. Especially on colors. It looks a little rushed to me.

It looks like Ben has just hit Peter into the wall. He might be the aggressor.

I like the theory that Ben is trying to restore Peter's memories. I just really hope Ben doesn't end Beyond with his memories gone.

Had a thought: Perhaps "Chasm" isn't referring to the identity Ben is going to take, but rather it's teasing his next story. Perhaps we should consider that the Ben in LA series might start off as another mini-series?
    Spider-Man: Chasm and/or Scarlet Spider: Chasm do both sound kinda cool, ngl

BANNED

Where is this Chasm as a name for Ben theory coming from? The word chasm being in the solicit / preview text??

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Where is this Chasm as a name for Ben theory coming from? The word chasm being in the solicit / preview text??
    That, and also this:

You can make out the word "Chasm" in this image, which is what has caused the speculation.
    Ngl I hope it ends up being what I think and not what other people think it end up might being because I don't get why Ben can't just be like, Scarlet Spider or something, if not Spider-Man.
    Last edited by JustLuke; 02-18-2022 at 09:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    That, and also this:

You can make out the letters "Chasm" in this image, which is what has caused the speculation.
    Ngl I hope it ends up being what I think and not what other people think it end up might being because I don't get why Ben can't just be like, Scarlet Spider or something, if not Spider-Man.
    Ah. Ben going by the name Chasm would suck imo. Especially when they honestly blew it with his second go at being Spider-Man. The whole run he's been an inneffectual patsy. To end on that note and give him some lame name coming out of it, extreme boo.

I also hope for your idea as well. I would be really agitated by the other outcome.

Astonishing Member

Dear lord, I’m getting flashbacks to when Speedball became Penance. That’d be such a poor xtreme turn for the character…. Worse than anything from PAD’s SS run if true. Why can’t the writers just let Ben be Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Dear lord, I’m getting flashbacks to when Speedball became Penance. That’d be such a poor xtreme turn for the character…. Worse than anything from PAD’s SS run if true. Why can’t the writers just let Ben be Ben?
    I don't think it's Ben. It's more like past Patrick Gleason covers, this one is done in the same style. Remember that Ben will go to Hollywood and he will have a Spider-Man costume, not Scarlet Spider or someone else.

Astonishing Member

Hope you’re right. That still doesn’t explain what “Chasm” means.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hope you’re right. That still doesn’t explain what “Chasm” means.
    Perhaps this is a portal to the dimension where Beyond lives? This chasm could be behind door Z.

Astonishing Member

I don't think chasm will be Ben's new name, just on the basis that is awful.

BANNED

How do we think Janine plays into things? Without Beyond she's on the run as a fugitive again. Hole that factors in somewhere

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Ben is my favorite Spiderman that's not Peter Parker would love to see him & Winter Soldier team up
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I don't think chasm will be Ben's new name, just on the basis that is awful.
    Look, I know I'm always suggesting bringing back Spidercide, but maybe Chasm is Spidercide's new name and he's the reason Ben goes to Hollywood
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Look, I know I'm always suggesting bringing back Spidercide, but maybe Chasm is Spidercide's new name and he's the reason Ben goes to Hollywood
    If your theory about Spidercide in BR:SM is correct (and it looks like it may be) I could see that. After all, it looks like it's factoring in Beyond

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Ben is my favorite Spiderman that's not Peter Parker would love to see him & Winter Soldier team up
    Bucky and Ben could be an interesting team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Bringing back Spidercide could work, but I'd have preferred Kaine come back to give his two cents about Ben being a corporate-backed Spider-Man after how things left off between them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.