Page 164 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2464
    Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Art Break.

Love the story or hate it, that costume is pretty dope.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Art Break.

Yes. Yes, it is. And I'm glad Peter's not wearing the Oscorp suit here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is. And I'm glad Peter's not wearing the Oscorp suit here.
    Ben's always been on the sartorial cutting edge.
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Ben's always been on the sartorial cutting edge.
    Bleeding edge, even. That scarlet business suit and Anubis mask he wore when he was the Jackal was about the one time the Jackal identity has ever looked good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And in spite of that, wanna know what the difference was between that and this? He was at least trying to be a hero because, in spite of that. Yes, he made a number of mistakes due to his moral compass being messed up by the corruption of his soul which caused him to lash out in an anti-heroic way but none of them were in ways that were actively malicious to who was innocent. Even with Mephisto, he was tricked into thinking that he could instantly fix his problem and was at a desperate point in which he couldn’t even trust himself. And he’s far from the only member of the Spider family who has made a deal with him at that.

And while he didn’t show up much after Spider-Geddon, he did show up acting in a way that matched with his status at the end of Spider-Geddon. It’s only Wells who then decided to backtrack on that status and offer zero explanation during a story that was about him simply for the endgame of forcing Chasm. Look, you’re free to just eat up and accept this kind of bullshit like this is the ‘everything is fine’ meme, but people have the right to be upset about them forcing this shit when the story had brought him past it. Doesn’t mean that anyone is ignoring shit. You need to get off your high horse.
    It's a lot easier to try to do the right thing when you aren't crushed by the guilt of what you've done and he wasn't doing a very good job of doing the right thing anyway. Once he was fixed, he would presumably have his conscience and judgement restored and if he would be in character at all, he would be utterly horrified by nearly killing everybody on the planet. Wanting those traumatic and haunting memories gone in a moment of weakness makes perfect sense. Blowing past that is far worse writing than whatever you're yelling at me about.

As for the rest of your comment, I don't "need" to do anything and I have repeatedly said I disagree with this direction. It seems like the comics aren't the only thing you're misreading.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 12-29-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Art Break.

Love it! Like how you mimicked Ed McGuinness' style here!

BANNED

Art Break.

Whatever else sucks about the story, Chasm does look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's a lot easier to try to do the right thing when you aren't crushed by the guilt of what you've done and he wasn't doing a very good job of doing the right thing anyway. Once he was fixed, he would presumably have his conscience and judgement restored and if he would be in character at all, he would be utterly horrified by nearly killing everybody on the planet. Wanting those traumatic and haunting memories gone in a moment of weakness makes perfect sense. Blowing past that is far worse writing than whatever you're yelling at me about.

As for the rest of your comment, I don't "need" to do anything and I have repeatedly said I disagree with this direction. It seems like the comics aren't the only thing you're misreading.
    Here’s the key thing that’s a hole in your argument, at no point was it stated that Ben had his memories erased because of guilt, that is your assumption. Osborn suggested that Kafka help him perfect the technology so he could escape his own guilt but that was never a thing stated for Ben. If anything that would have seemed remotely connected to the past stories is due to any residual trauma from his deaths, hence why Beyond also had him set up with getting therapy from Kafka.

As for the other part of my comment you also decided to be the judge of others who dislike this direction trying to claim that they’re just being negative for the sake of it as if their distaste is somehow less valid simply because you deem it to be more excessive than you’d like. But either way, I’m done going in circles with you as there’s nothing to be gained from this discussion. Think whatever the hell you want about the comic and I’ll do the same.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-29-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Art Break.

This is ace.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Art Break.

Hard for me to disassociate the suit with the current direction though.

We had an appearance by the classic Scarlet Spider costume in Murderworld Spider-man.

It wasn't really Ben (or even Peter) it was just another of Arcade's robots, but it was nice seeing it there with the rest of the gang.

(And is it just me or does Jessica looked weirdly out of place?)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We had an appearance by the classic Scarlet Spider costume in Murderworld Spider-man.

It wasn't really Ben (or even Peter) it was just another of Arcade's robots, but it was nice seeing it there with the rest of the gang.

(And is it just me or does Jessica looked weirdly out of place?)
    I'm gonna be real, Jessica has always felt out of place in the "Spider-Family" to me. She shouldn't be a part of it as she has nothing in common with them besides the name.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I'm gonna be real, Jessica has always felt out of place in the "Spider-Family" to me. She shouldn't be a part of it as she has nothing in common with them besides the name.
    I can't even count the amount of team up she had with Peter prior to and after the first spider verse
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Art Break.

Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Here’s the key thing that’s a hole in your argument, at no point was it stated that Ben had his memories erased because of guilt, that is your assumption. Osborn suggested that Kafka help him perfect the technology so he could escape his own guilt but that was never a thing stated for Ben. If anything that would have seemed remotely connected to the past stories is due to any residual trauma from his deaths, hence why Beyond also had him set up with getting therapy from Kafka.

As for the other part of my comment you also decided to be the judge of others who dislike this direction trying to claim that they’re just being negative for the sake of it as if their distaste is somehow less valid simply because you deem it to be more excessive than you’d like. But either way, I’m done going in circles with you as there’s nothing to be gained from this discussion. Think whatever the hell you want about the comic and I’ll do the same.
    Yeah it was stated in the therapy issue after the Doc Ock confrontation.