Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, would you be referring to the theory that since Ben degenerated into dust upon death, which shouldn't have happened with a "perfect clone," that Ben's death could have been faked by Norman Osborn and/or Miles Warren using a "quick clone" whipped up with Ben's memories up to that point, so they could keep the real Ben for whatever sick plans they had in mind for him (and Peter, by extension)?
    I hadn't heard the theory, but after all the nonsense of the Clone Saga Norman throwing one last clone at Pete and keeping a Spider-Man in his pocket.

And now with the nonsense of Kindred, that plan seems like, totally unconvoluted by comparison.

Not that I want or need that to happen. I think, much like Heroes in Crisis, we all collectively want to forget Clone Conspiracy and Ben's stint in Vegas.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    I hadn't heard the theory, but after all the nonsense of the Clone Saga Norman throwing one last clone at Pete and keeping a Spider-Man in his pocket.

And now with the nonsense of Kindred, that plan seems like, totally unconvoluted by comparison.

Not that I want or need that to happen. I think, much like Heroes in Crisis, we all collectively want to forget Clone Conspiracy and Ben's stint in Vegas.
    At least Heroes in Crisis (eventually) got undone, with Wally being exonerated of those deaths by virtue of the Speed Force backlash actually coming from his 90s archrival Savitar trying to become a literal god of speed, and Roy Harper got revived, albeit at first as a Black Lantern.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

At least Heroes in Crisis (eventually) got undone, with Wally being exonerated of those deaths by virtue of the Speed Force backlash actually coming from his 90s archrival Savitar trying to become a literal god of speed, and Roy Harper got revived, albeit at first as a Black Lantern.
    Amen. Can't believe it took like 3 different stories to finally wash that stink off Wally.

I kinda prefer the clone conspiracy method where we just kinda move along with the understanding that it was dumb and doesn't need more addressing.

why does the fix up sounds even more complicated than the deed itself
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    There are consequences to writing bad stories that won't stand the test of time or talent. Look at the solution to Sin's Past

Amen. Can't believe it took like 3 different stories to finally wash that stink off Wally.

I kinda prefer the clone conspiracy method where we just kinda move along with the understanding that it was dumb and doesn't need more addressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    There are consequences to writing bad stories that won't stand the test of time or talent. Look at the solution to Sin's Past
    If you're gonna f*** up spectacularly, the fix-up needs to be spectacular as well. Equal and opposite, after all. Like every action with a reaction.

Astonishing Member

Looks like JMD delivered the goods, not that I had any doubts

https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...62449360281601

Hmm, would you be referring to the theory that since Ben degenerated into dust upon death, which shouldn't have happened with a "perfect clone," that Ben's death could have been faked by Norman Osborn and/or Miles Warren using a "quick clone" whipped up with Ben's memories up to that point, so they could keep the real Ben for whatever sick plans they had in mind for him (and Peter, by extension)?
    In my own personal canon, that what's happened since the day I read Peter Parker: Spider-man #75.

Astonishing Member

Another review of Ben Reilly #1. The reviewer heaps praise on the book (and seems to have a good understanding of Ben himself), and doesn’t point out any flaws, but then gives the book an 8/10. I don’t get it as the review seems like it’ll be a 9.5 or 10/10. Anyway that aside, this reinforces the hype that this mini will indeed be really good.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/17/be...-man-1-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    In my own personal canon, that what's happened since the day I read Peter Parker: Spider-man #75.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Looks like JMD delivered the goods, not that I had any doubts

https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...62449360281601
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Another review of Ben Reilly #1. The reviewer heaps praise on the book (and seems to have a good understanding of Ben himself), and doesn’t point out any flaws, but then gives the book an 8/10. I don’t get it as the review seems like it’ll be a 9.5 or 10/10. Anyway that aside, this reinforces the hype that this mini will indeed be really good.

Glad for that reassurance. Looking forward to reading it even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    i think that was in some ways a shared head canon amongst a lot of online ben fans
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

good to read that the issue stands on its own outside of nostalgia
    troo fan or death

Friends,

I've recently added some pretty cool pieces to my collection of Spidey comics/stuff, and I thought you might like to see pictures that I tweeted: https://twitter.com/RyPav/status/148...dXUmobq6g&s=19

-Pav, whose only regret is asking for other Scarlet Spider posters for Christmas and whiffing on the eBay opportunities rather than striking himself...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Friends,

I've recently added some pretty cool pieces to my collection of Spidey comics/stuff, and I thought you might like to see pictures that I tweeted: https://twitter.com/RyPav/status/148...dXUmobq6g&s=19

-Pav, whose only regret is asking for other Scarlet Spider posters for Christmas and whiffing on the eBay opportunities rather than striking himself...
    Already liked it (I'm Juan Pablo Mancini on twitter btw)

Astonishing Member

There are some big spoilers on Bleeding Cool for tomorrow's issue, so thread carefully if you don't want to be spoiled