Page 41 of 165 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    BANNED

We all need to kiss the ground JM DeMattis walks on. But also, at this point I am afraid they will add some bullshit that alludes to these events in that and ruin an exceptional thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    We all need to kiss the ground JM DeMattis walks on. But also, at this point I am afraid they will add some bullshit that alludes to these events in that and ruin an exceptional thing.
    No matter how good Dematteis' series is, whats happening taints all of it. How can I enjoy any Ben story now? I honestly feel like Marvel stole my money.

Astonishing Member

Would anyone read modern Ben again if one day they undid the Chasm crap like Spidergeddon kinda undid NuJackal and the PAD run? I feel like this is one convoluted heel-turn too much for the character and his current incarnation is sorta ruined no matter what retcons happen down the road to reset him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Would anyone read modern Ben again if one day they undid the Chasm crap like Spidergeddon kinda undid NuJackal and the PAD run? I feel like this is one convoluted heel-turn too much for the character and his current incarnation is sorta ruined no matter what retcons happen down the road to reset him.
    More face/heel turns than Paul Wight

WELLLLLL IT'S THE BEN SHOW.

BANNED

Screenshot_20220327-025649_Samsung Internet.jpg

The last good Ben Reilly appearance, honestly.

BANNED

I'm a Hal Jordan and Wally West fan so anything can be undone and fixed. I would be willing to spend money on it again if they acted in goodwill towards the character. But I'm literally considering dropping all my Marvel titles (including Ghost Rider, who I have a huge tattoo of) out of anger. I seriously feel insulted and robbed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Attachment 119622

So much for all of this. This whole run has just been a joke and a laugh at the expense of all Ben Reilly fans.

When this run started, I tweeted Wells about how I was digging the Beyond suit, but it needed the external webshooters and he LIKED it!! Given the spoiler pages, it really feels like it was a mocking gesture. A laugh at the money I pissed away on this arc.

Couldn't be more disappointed and less interested in the future of any character or creator involved in this arc. Next level stupidity
    This is... God this makes it all so much worse

Why don’t we all write letters expressing our displeasure? I’m down if the rest of you are down. Be firm, but respectful, about what a flaming disappointment this is for us longtime fans.
    I think they know, no way they thought this is what fans wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So we spoilers:
    flash forward 'months' later and Ben and Janine are still together up to the point Ben becomes Chasm. Again, she isn't anywhere MJ hasn't been before. This is Ben's 'I Am The Spider' phase
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Except it's not built up to organically, a literal timeskip.It's not even a psycological thing but smth done to him.Except he's not a Spider.Except we've seen him go bad before and all fans hated it.Except they promised he'd get better, not worse.
    end of spoilers

I was never a big Ben fan, but I read him up to prep for Beyond and kinda liked him and even I feel scammed.Not only did they take ASM away from Peter to do this, they messed up Ben on top as well.

Wells better have just been a big name on this and focusing everything he has on the new ASM run because wtf.I know Wells can write, he's shown us he can.Please be a one-off blunder for a character he didn't understand.

Also should note time-skip is for both ASM and Chasm

BANNED

I absolutely will not read any stories featuring this iteration of the character. I already know the positivity crew is going to be like "clearly the story is not done!!" - enough. Enough dragging me through shit. I'm not paying for and reading anymore horrible stories on the off chance that they might do something of value with this character besides toss him in a costume that looks like it was designed in 20 minutes.

If the next time he appears it's like Ben regaining his Peter memories and going back to where he was before this trash, within like 2 pages, I would consider it. But God only knows what they're going to do with him now and how much further down the toilet drain they're going to take the character.

I would read it if Ben was back to being the Ben that we all gave a crap about. I will not however dedicate any time or money to stories involving this garbage. I would rather the character just die again then carry on with what this garbage has given us.

It turns out those of us that harshly judged the preview pages were not harsh enough. That Wells and Zieglar are the caliber of writers that Kevin Feige has recruited for a Disney+ TV shows gives me serious pause about the quality of the entire endeavor. Like can't you find someone with an iota of talent

All-New Member

some one please explain this Chasm crap business

spoilers:
    No, please no. They didn't restore his memories and turned him into an idiotic Chasm. It's disgusting. I wanted Ben's new comics series in LA to be like Nightwing by Tom Taylor, but this trash is like when Nightwing got shot, he lost his memory and started calling himself Ric. I hate Marvel's Spider Office. I am disappointed in Wells.
    end of spoilers

Edit:
    spoilers:
    I think the building that "cHaSm" stands on is similar to the Chrysler Building where Ben stood in WoSM #120. This would be a good reference if the issue wasn't a terrible piece of garbage.
    end of spoilers

Last edited by Kanos; 03-27-2022 at 03:06 AM.

Good bye, Ben. It was nice meeting you. Maybe someday we'll swing together again.

It's probably the best Kaine isn't touched much by anyone. At least he's been saved from most of that crap they call "writing" at Marvel's office.

BANNED

Just occurred to me that Marvel will want to launch a Chasm book at one point, suppose this is the project they're discussing with DeMatties?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just occurred to me that Marvel will want to launch a Chasm book at one point, suppose this is the project they're discussing with DeMatties?
    Maybe?

I do wonder why we haven't got an announcement so far.I'm afraid w/ the time-skip in both Chasm and ASM they might be related

Mighty Member

Does everyone remember when Beyond was announced that Wells pitched and Lowe suggested using Ben? What in the world was the pitch that involved no Ben? Was it supposed to be Kaine?

Well, this is BEYOND idiotic. Looking forward to Kafka trying to give Norman his sins back and Ben getting them to become the Blank Goblin
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Does everyone remember when Beyond was announced that Wells pitched and Lowe suggested using Ben? What in the world was the pitch that involved no Ben? Was it supposed to be Kaine?

Well, this is BEYOND idiotic. Looking forward to Kafka trying to give Norman his sins back and Ben getting them to become the Blank Goblin
    Do we have the source on that

Because maybe they just told him to use Ben before they even had a pitch and Beyond was formed for Ben