Page 5 of 165 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Who among us will step forward and bear witness? (whose willing to listen to this crap and summarize any interesting bed tidbits for those of us in the thread who can't bring themselves to.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Who among us will step forward and bear witness? (whose willing to listen to this crap and summarize any interesting bed tidbits for those of us in the thread who can't bring themselves to.)
    Is it that terrible? I’ll probably just scroll through it until I get to the part about Ben Reilly. It’s not like it’s Dan Carlin or anything that important, so I usually have stuff like this on as background noise when I’m doing the dishes or working out at the gym. If it’s interesting, I might report back. But if not, I won’t.

Astonishing Member

I’ve read spoilers…
    https://comicsheatingup.net/2022/01/...il/#more-46586

spoilers:
    Ben remembers he’s a clone. He’s just surprised Kafka knows. He forgot he was the Jackal or about the events of Clone Conspiracy though (she tells Ben he made her). There’s a lot more. A couple worrying plot developments. But I’ll save comment for those until I see the full context.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’ve read spoilers…

spoilers:
    Ben remembers he’s a clone. He’s just surprised Kafka knows. He forgot he was the Jackal or about the events of Clone Conspiracy though (she tells Ben he made her). There’s a lot more. A couple worrying plot developments. But I’ll save comment for those until I see the full context.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    he's fine it's merely a flesh wound
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I’ve read spoilers…

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, disappointing

Also Wells in notorious for nerfing Spider-man but did he forget about Spider-sense being able to tell about when he's being looked on

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, disappointing

Also Wells in notorious for nerfing Spider-man but did he forget about Spider-sense being able to tell about when he's being looked on
    What examples of nurfing and spoilers:
    if there is something in his head from beyond it could also stop him from being noticed and/or spider sense only works when there's danger and cameras are not by definition dangerous
    end of spoilers

I’ve read spoilers…

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Watch it turn out that Beyond's also been erasing Ben's IQ points one by one.
    Real talk though, I don't think this is bad? Like the dialouge seems pretty on point, the plot seems to be progressing in a meaningful way, Janine has extra affirmation that Beyond sucks dick which she must love but also hate, Kafka doesn't seem to be an evil bitch (yet*), so that's nice too, and the ending has me intrigued. I honestly don't see that much of a problem. It seems to be slowly but steadily improving imo. Maybe I'm just fucking stupid though idk

*This is making me kinda wonder if the Queen Goblin solicits were misleading, and that she and Ben are somehow in cahoots or at least on the same side...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:
    Real talk though, I don't think this is bad? Like the dialouge seems pretty on point, the plot seems to be progressing in a meaningful way, Janine has extra affirmation that Beyond sucks dick which she must love but also hate, Kafka doesn't seem to be an evil bitch (yet*), so that's nice too, and the ending has me intrigued. I honestly don't see that much of a problem. It seems to be slowly but steadily improving imo. Maybe I'm just fucking stupid though idk

*This is making me kinda wonder if the Queen Goblin solicits were misleading, and that she and Ben are somehow in cahoots or at least on the same side...
    end of spoilers
    I still think the spoilers:
    jar the Maxine has is Osbourne sin and thats how you get her and the solicit the Bugle get destroyed so it's like she's going after things Peter would care about and not Ben
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I’m fine with it, except for two things…

spoilers:

It makes it sound like Janine will betray Ben.
    The ending makes me think they’re going to “break” Ben’s mind… again. I really don’t want a return of BenPool or worse, Evil Ben. Hope it’s misleading.

I do like a lot of the other plot points introduced for the reasons you mentioned. I’m looking forward to seeing these spoilers in fuller context when the issue drops. I’m so intrigued I may even read this before the first issue of the Ben Reilly mini.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

The ending makes me think they’re going to “break” Ben’s mind… again. I really don’t want a return of BenPool or worse, Evil Ben. Hope it’s misleading.

I do like a lot of the other plot points introduced for the reasons you mentioned. I’m looking forward to seeing these spoilers in fuller context when the issue drops. I’m so intrigued I may even read this before the first issue of the Ben Reilly mini.
    end of spoilers
    That first reason you cited filled me with one of the most intense feelings of dread I have felt as a comic book fan in a while. Please, god, NO. That would actually sour my opinion on this run as a whole ngl.
    spoilers:
    Fair play on the 2nd point too, but I personally don't think they'll do that. I don't think they'd do all this work with Ben and making him more like 90s Ben Reilly to make him evil again. The "breaking his mind" thing makes me think he will be more psychologically damaged than he was at the start of this run, sure, but I don't think it'll go as far as it did during PAD's run. At least I hope not. I don't wanna read about a reprehensible person.

(P.S. In the inevitable next Spider-Verse event I hope 616 Ben encounters a version of himself that's based off PAD's Ben (even has the shitty costume that was in like 3 issues), solely so we can all watch him die. **** Benpool.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    What examples of nurfing and spoilers:
    if there is something in his head from beyond it could also stop him from being noticed and/or spider sense only works when there's danger and cameras are not by definition dangerous
    end of spoilers
    Wells was notorious in nerfing Peter in BND, and writing a bad MJ.I won't be re-reading that but you can check it out.

Don't need to do that, even in his ASM 1 preview Peter isn't listening to his Spider-sense(even though he has to take a lot of effort to ignore his Spider-sense in general, I can provide scans if needed) and states so in his inner dialogue, and has 5 seconds before he passes out.He also dunked on Peter in the first issue of Beyond and the second one wasn't any better.

And Spider-sense can detect Security cameras and motion detectors. Again I'll provide scans if you want

And from spoilers his Spider-sense didn't ring when spoilers:
    he Beyond says enough is enough
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Blessed that this seems to not be the case and Janine doesn't seem to have sold him out.
    end of spoilers

I thought #86 was alright but BR:SM #1 was on a different level altogether.

spoilers:
    JMD's handle on Ben is as usual excellent.
    The Kafka retcon that Peter told her everything about him is perhaps not for everyone; but it seems feasible enough during those 90's issues where they "teamed-up" so often, that he'd eventually relent and let the truth out. And depicting psychological counseling as something "normal" people could undertake is rare, so kudos for that, Mr. DeMatteis.
    end of spoilers

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Great week for Ben. Things are finally moving ahead in Beyond and BR:SM shows JDM still got it. I think Baldeon's art also improved nicely from what I remember of his work on other mags some years back, Kaine's included.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

Dreadful implications for Ben as per the cliffhanger on ASM 86.