Page 54 of 165 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Rich's BC article about today's issue claims a lot of people in the UK are turning up to buy the issue based on the controversy of the weekend leaks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Rich's BC article about today's issue claims a lot of people in the UK are turning up to buy the issue based on the controversy of the weekend leaks
    I'm in the UK. I didn't know about the weekend leaks.

Fantastic Member

i wonder if we get news about the pat gleasson ben reily in LA spiderman book later today or maybe later this week for july

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i wonder if we get news about the pat gleasson ben reily in LA spiderman book later today or maybe later this week for july
    That LA book seems to be the Deadly neighbourhood one and they used the Ben Beyond costume instead of Peter's

But I'd like to see where is Ben is headed off to soon

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That LA book seems to be the Deadly neighbourhood one and they used the Ben Beyond costume instead of Peter's

But I'd like to see where is Ben is headed off to soon
    I want Ben to stay in New York because I want the Daily Grind back. I also want to see Ken Ellis from the Daily Bugle (he coined the nickname Scarlet Spider).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I want Ben to stay in New York because I want the Daily Grind back. I also want to see Ken Ellis from the Daily Bugle (he coined the nickname Scarlet Spider).
    You're best supporting Ben Reilly: Spider-Man if you want any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    You're best supporting Ben Reilly: Spider-Man if you want any of that.
    I agree, this is the only opportunity to see the return of Shirley and the rest of the characters from Ben's past. We also need to support Mr. DeMatteis. But I would like to see how these characters live now, I am disappointed that Beyond did not return any of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I agree, this is the only opportunity to see the return of Shirley and the rest of the characters from Ben's past. We also need to support Mr. DeMatteis. But I would like to see how these characters live now, I am disappointed that Beyond did not return any of them.
    I mean, at least we got Janine I guess…

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I'm glad Janine is back, it annoyed me that Slott and David didn't mention her, but I thought her return would be the start of the return of the old characters, but I was wrong.

BANNED

Janine acts nothing like Janine. She's just action gal now.

Maybe. Ben fleeing out the window left that a bit ambiguous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe. Ben fleeing out the window left that a bit ambiguous.
    What do you mean? Janine was in the storyline no matter where the ending leaves things.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Can this thread just become a place to post fun what if fan fic for our boy, Ben?

NEW YORK: NIGHT
    CHASM SITS ON TOP OF A GARGOYLE, TAKING THE WORLD IN. A WORLD THAT HAS TAKEN SO MUCH FROM HIM.
    THIS TORTURED SOUL KNOWS THAT SPIDER-MAN MUST PAY FOR WHAT HE’S DO—
    Janine: Hey Sweetie. I found your old blue hoodie and thought you might be cold brooding up here.
    CHASM SEES THIS FAMILIAR ARTICLE OF CLOTHING AND ALL HIS MEMORIES RUSH BACK AND HES TOTALLY GOOD AGAIN AND PUT ON HIS SCARLET SPIDER COSTUME AND SWINGS OVER TO KAINE’S PLACE WHERE THEY CHILL AND PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES AND DECIDE TO SEE IF PETER WANTS TO JOIN THEM FOR BRUNCH TOMORROW.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Can this thread just become a place to post fun what if fan fic for our boy, Ben?

NEW YORK: NIGHT
    CHASM SITS ON TOP OF A GARGOYLE, TAKING THE WORLD IN. A WORLD THAT HAS TAKEN SO MUCH FROM HIM.
    THIS TORTURED SOUL KNOWS THAT SPIDER-MAN MUST PAY FOR WHAT HE’S DO—
    Janine: Hey Sweetie. I found your old blue hoodie and thought you might be cold brooding up here.
    CHASM SEES THIS FAMILIAR ARTICLE OF CLOTHING AND ALL HIS MEMORIES RUSH BACK AND HES TOTALLY GOOD AGAIN AND PUT ON HIS SCARLET SPIDER COSTUME AND SWINGS OVER TO KAINE’S PLACE WHERE THEY CHILL AND PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES AND DECIDE TO SEE IF PETER WANTS TO JOIN THEM FOR BRUNCH TOMORROW.
    I would like to see that. That would be a great epilogue for this run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Amazing Spider-Man #93 wasn't the worst thing I've ever read. Taken as a thing on it's it was actually well written, Ben's was wildly out of character but in the context of his mind falling apart it's understandable and even Peter didn't hold a grudge against him. It's not a good place the character has been left in but I think it's better than were PAD left him were his soul seemed permanently tainted.

I'm much more forgiving of Ben being a darker anti-hero than most fans of the character. For me the ideal scenario would be he'd just put on his 90s Spidey costume and be Spider-Man again I after all we already have multiple Spider-Mans...but I'm also a realist in the sense that if the book has any chance to catch on he needs something to distinguish him from Peter. The darker anti-hero thing worked for characters that were in similar positions like Bucky Barnes and Jason Todd so it would make sense. A series were he's based in another city or travelling around doing good trying to redeem himself for the things he did as the Jackal would have been fine but that's not what Peter David's series was and as for Chasm...I guess the jury is still out but it doesn't look good. Like I think dark would work for the character but not edge lord. Ben looks positively villainous with knockoff symbiote powers. Who knows maybe the premise for Ben going forward is that he'll hunt down Maxine or go after Beyond's villains maybe the tease that his memories are actually stored somewhere will be used to create drama.