Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...e-chasm-begins

There can move on knowing he's back

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    There's lots of easy fixes for this. Remember the gadget Kafka developed right in this storyline. They already wrote an exit. Not to mention Miles Warren or even Carnage should have Ben memories stored
    Even Peter has his memories and is more than smart enough to give them to Ben

Also

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1509540818624958464

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

"Did Ben do something to the writers' families? Cause holy **** the guy can't win absolutely anything"
    https://twitter.com/Tassiranha/statu...44930846326784
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

He's a full on villain now btw

"The BEYOND ERA reached its climactic ending in yesterday’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93, which saw Ben Reilly perish after a devastating battle with Peter Parker. But all is not as it seems… Enter Chasm, Ben Reilly’s new identity and Peter Parker’s latest archenemy."

"Ben is more aware than ever that something within is missing. Consumed with the idea that Peter is the source for all that’s gone wrong in his life, Ben will now swing through the Marvel Universe as Chasm – a fierce and deeply personal new Spidey foe just in time for Spider-Man’s new era, kicking off next month in Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr.’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1! "

Yay more Spider-bros fighting...

“AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93 brings us to the end of the mega-arc the Beyond Board worked so hard on. And though this story is coming to an end, Ben Reilly's journey is just beginning,” Wells promised. “Keep reading Amazing Spider-Man to find out if Peter can pull Ben back from the Chasm.”

Nick wanted Ben to turn him into Chasm because apparently Miles makes it so that he has no space in the Spider-franchise... Bruh

“Get ready to get to know the most terrifying new member of Spidey’s Rogues Gallery,” Editor Nick Lowe said. “Part of the point of ‘Beyond’ was the creation of Chasm and we have HUGE plans for the artist formerly known as Scarlet Spider, so keep your eyes peeled Web-Heads.”

BANNED

I can't lie that at least saying "Can Peter pull Ben back from the Chasm?" implies there'd be some nuance that Peter is trying to rehabilitate him unlike we got with CC/PAD, but Marvel makes it so that the answer seems to be "no, not really" as opposed to "good chances".

I'm guessing Kaine's fans (I DO like him, but I couldn't really see him as 'the one true Scarlet Spider' to put it that way) are still breathing a sigh of relief he is not mentioned at all in the slightest on these articles. Either way, I'm guessing "Chasm" is a no show for Wells' first six issues at the least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Looks like like mascara bleeding for the extra emo effect. Thank God the final design rectified that. I still think the codename is awful

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I'm guessing "Chasm" is a no show for Wells' first six issues at the least.
    Plot twist: Chasm is behind the Sinister Adaptoid

Astonishing Member

Okay which one of you is this guy on Twitter? This legit had me laughing

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaleeshAr...50579281977349

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's a full on villain now btw

"The BEYOND ERA reached its climactic ending in yesterday’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93, which saw Ben Reilly perish after a devastating battle with Peter Parker. But all is not as it seems… Enter Chasm, Ben Reilly’s new identity and Peter Parker’s latest archenemy."

"Ben is more aware than ever that something within is missing. Consumed with the idea that Peter is the source for all that’s gone wrong in his life, Ben will now swing through the Marvel Universe as Chasm – a fierce and deeply personal new Spidey foe just in time for Spider-Man’s new era, kicking off next month in Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr.’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1! "

Yay more Spider-bros fighting...

“AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93 brings us to the end of the mega-arc the Beyond Board worked so hard on. And though this story is coming to an end, Ben Reilly's journey is just beginning,” Wells promised. “Keep reading Amazing Spider-Man to find out if Peter can pull Ben back from the Chasm.”

Nick wanted Ben to turn him into Chasm because apparently Miles makes it so that he has no space in the Spider-franchise... Bruh

“Get ready to get to know the most terrifying new member of Spidey’s Rogues Gallery,” Editor Nick Lowe said. “Part of the point of ‘Beyond’ was the creation of Chasm and we have HUGE plans for the artist formerly known as Scarlet Spider, so keep your eyes peeled Web-Heads.”

#notmyben

I really don’t understand the choices they’ve been making with Ben. It’s like throwing crap on a wall and seeing what sticks. Chasm will last as long as his NuJackal ID did imo. And his continuity will get further bogged down with traumatic and convoluted twists that don’t fit the character. Oh well, it is what it is. At this point I approach the Spidey books the same way I approach fan-fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

There can move on knowing he's back
    Oh that’s fucking lovely. They’ve basically turned Ben into a cross between what Kaine had been to Ben and old Venom. Seriously, who was asking for this?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

I needed that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What makes Chasm a terrifying villain? He can't remember any reason to have a grudge against Peter, right? So, it's the suit with the infused green goo? Does the goo have a grudge against Peter? Maybe the goo will make him say things like, "I want to eat your brains"
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Well given that Marvel has done nothing but screw with Ben ever since he came back and won’t just let him be happy, let’s just say that I’m not exactly filled with confidence that they’ll let Peter save his brother. Literally the only sliver of hope that I have is that from the scene where he becomes Chasm it doesn’t seem like Ben is entirely in control of himself so maybe he’s being influenced or controlled by a personality that was created from the combination of the goo and the void where his memories were. That said, I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to say that it’s all Ben and he’s just evil now.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

That's Symbiobro, he's an artist that usually hangs around 4chan. And yeah, that's already underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    What makes Chasm a terrifying villain? He can't remember any reason to have a grudge against Peter, right? So, it's the suit with the infused green goo? Does the goo have a grudge against Peter? Maybe the goo will make him say things like, "I want to eat your brains"
    We can infer he remembers enough to think Peter is to blame for what happened to him. When he says "where you were, there is only a Chasm" to Janine, we can just file that under edgyspeak.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well given that Marvel has done nothing but screw with Ben ever since he came back and won’t just let him be happy, let’s just say that I’m not exactly filled with confidence that they’ll let Peter save his brother. Literally the only sliver of hope that I have is that from the scene where he becomes Chasm it doesn’t seem like Ben is entirely in control of himself so maybe he’s being influenced or controlled by a personality that was created from the combination of the goo and the void where his memories were. That said, I wouldn’t put it past Marvel to say that it’s all Ben and he’s just evil now.
    The best I can say is it's more understandable than NuJackal. Ben becoming so brain damaged he loses who he is and becomes amoral (I wouldn't call him immoral yet, another distinction with NuJackal) reminds me of the stories of people who get 9-inch nails stuck in their frontal lobes and undergo radical personality shifts (usually becoming more aggressive and paranoid). I trust Zeb Wells more than Dan Slott. I think at heart Zeb is a decent writer, even if he inserts too many extreme changes into the characters he writes, such as for the Lizard in 'Shed.' But his dialogue and pacing are pretty good (When I think of Slott's dialogue, I think of "crazy town banana pants" and other cringe quirkiness). Maybe I'm just trying to see the bright side. Anyway, I'm uninvesting myself in Ben for now. If Peter helps cure him, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If he stays Chasm, I'll just shrug my shoulders in resignation and probably not read it.