Page 60 of 165 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Wow. Thanks so much. That’s very kind. I love Cafu’s scarlet!

If only you didn’t have to draw backgrounds to be a comic artist…

If you want to see some more Spidey art, you can check out my Instagram @chrishendersonstudio
    Your coloring is also beautiful.

I agree, you should have a gig with Marvel. When I compare your art to some of the fill-in junk we’ve gotten in recent years where the guest artist is so bad his characters barely look human…. Anyway, my point is it’s great. Challenge yourself to work on backgrounds next as you should have your own comic imo. Marvel/DC needs new talent.

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #93
    Batman Beyond White Knight #1
    Hulk #5
    Immortal X-Men #1
    Shadow War Alpha #1
    Batman One Dark Knight #2
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer 25th Anniversary #1
    Hulk Grand Design Monster 1
    X-Men Unlimited 1
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Movie Adaptation

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...stseller-list/

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

Has anyone brought up the notion that this new Chasm probably shouldn't go by the name Ben Reilly anymore. Sure, he'll still look like Peter Parker and will probably keep his blonde hair, but at the core meaning of his name, those memories and ethics are no longer there.

He had stated that 'Ben' comes from the memory of Ben Parker, the man who taught him "With great power there must also come great responsibility." And 'Reilly' is the maiden name of a woman he considered an aunt. He had fond memories of May Parker, even if he never knew her.

Without that foundation, he doesn't really deserve the name "Ben Reilly," does he? Unless he is allowed to retrieve the memory of Ben Parker down the road, then I say change his name to something else and NOT tarnish the name of Ben Reilly.

Astonishing Member

So Chasm can barely function as a person, but he’s aware enough to keep buying blonde hair dye and dying his hair at home? This thing is silly for so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    So Chasm can barely function as a person, but he’s aware enough to keep buying blonde hair dye and dying his hair at home? This thing is silly for so many reasons.
    He took a swim in that reality-altering goop.

Maybe the goop gave him blonde hair forever

-Pav, who wonders if Janine prefers him blonde or brunette, clean or scruffy...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

I wonder if the goop affected Janine in some way too. I'd like to see more of her... and Marcus

BANNED

I found it interesting that Janine's reflection in the puddle at the end there looked so sinister. I hope they aren't planning to make her villainous. I already disliked how hardened they portrayed her as. She was always a victim, not some dangerous criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I found it interesting that Janine's reflection in the puddle at the end there looked so sinister. I hope they aren't planning to make her villainous. I already disliked how hardened they portrayed her as. She was always a victim, not some dangerous criminal.
    I think it's less indicating her becoming a villain, and moreso showing/foreshadowing what the Beyond Super-Symbi-Goo or w/e does to people. I think it's somewhat symbiote-like and is effecting Ben somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I think it's less indicating her becoming a villain, and moreso showing/foreshadowing what the Beyond Super-Symbi-Goo or w/e does to people. I think it's somewhat symbiote-like and is effecting Ben somehow.
    Could be. I'm morbidly curious about where they're going with this.

Spectacular Member

anyone else think that this might not be Ben (at the moment) but the goo is taking his form because of A) absorbing him and B) looking at Janine and seeing what she wanted - so it took his form....

Could eventually be Ben though

Give me my ****ing Ben back Marvel you ****s

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

A very considerate reality-altering goop. If you are going to fall into any reality-altering goop that is certainly the best one. Top 3 at least.

So what's this about the editor hating Ben!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So what's this about the editor hating Ben!
    I think that’s an exaggeration. He basically said “sorry Ben fans, but it’s difficult seeing a place for Ben in the current Spider-verse… but hey, enjoy Chasm!”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I think that’s an exaggeration. He basically said “sorry Ben fans, but it’s difficult seeing a place for Ben in the current Spider-verse… but hey, enjoy Chasm!”
    I don't think he hates Ben. But that was pretty bad. Surely he intended otherwise.
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 04-04-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Never believe "X writer/editor hates Y character" unless it's Dan Didio and Nightwing