Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Beyond was like seeing someone falling from a buildong in slow motion
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    good point, the contrast is stark.
    Indeed. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    looking good so far unsure when this ben will show up again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

How many copies of the TPB do you think I need to buy to (a) get them to do another miniseries and/or (b) have Hasbro make a Marvel Legends Spider-cide figure?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Thanks. Should be one hell of a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    How many copies of the TPB do you think I need to buy to (a) get them to do another miniseries and/or (b) have Hasbro make a Marvel Legends Spider-cide figure?
    Somehow, this is one of those questions that I can only answer with, "That's between you and whatever god(s) you worship, if any."
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-06-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because Kaine made good, which was fine for the duration that Ben was still dead and presumably never coming back. Of course, undoing Kaine's character development wouldn't be very good, either. The real problem is Marvel thinking Ben has to be the "evil twin" when we have Spidercide for that, depending on how well fans respond to his role in Ben Reilly: Spider-Man.
    Kinda feels like that one definition of insanity featuring doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. Fans hated the notion of an evil Ben Reilly and rejected it the past 2 times they tried it yet they somehow think that maybe they should try it 3 times just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Kinda feels like that one definition of insanity featuring doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. Fans hated the notion of an evil Ben Reilly and rejected it the past 2 times they tried it yet they somehow think that maybe they should try it 3 times just for good measure.
    Uh-huh, although the two times I recall so far are Clone Conspiracy and its aftermath (namely the Scarlet Spider series spun out of Clone Conspiracy), then the end of Spider-Man Beyond. What or where's the third?

Uh-huh, although the two times I recall so far are Clone Conspiracy and its aftermath (namely the Scarlet Spider series spun out of Clone Conspiracy), then the end of Spider-Man Beyond. What or where's the third?
    1. Clone Conspiracy.
    2. End of the BR:SS when Ben went crazy.
    3. Beyond and that crap named Chasm.

Astonishing Member

I would LOVE a Spidercide figure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I've been wanting it since the Space Venom figure was released - seems like a great SDCC exclusive figure (along with some other Clone-era figures)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I've been wanting it since the Space Venom figure was released - seems like a great SDCC exclusive figure (along with some other Clone-era figures)
    Space Venom? Are you referring to Space Knight Venom, or King in Black Venom?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-06-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Wasn't the second retconned out, or at least disregarded, by Spider-Geddon? Either that, or I just folded it into the Clone Conspiracy fallout and didn't really think much of it beyond that.
    Hard to say when it comes to Marvel editorial but the fact that that was how they chose to end Ben’s solo in which he was trying to be a hero and even made a heroic sacrifice with it not being rewarded but with him going full crazy going on a sociopathic rampage and basically crying himself to sleep over the fact that his soul was damned, the sentiment is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Hard to say when it comes to Marvel editorial but the fact that that was how they chose to end Ben’s solo in which he was trying to be a hero and even made a heroic sacrifice with it not being rewarded but with him going full crazy going on a sociopathic rampage and basically crying himself to sleep over the fact that his soul was damned, the sentiment is still there.
    Yeah . . . that was a crappy ending.

Wasn't the second retconned out, or at least disregarded, by Spider-Geddon?
    Well yes, but no. It still happened and it was a plot point for Marvel, so we should take it into consideration too, even if it was later retconned. The damage done to Ben and his fans won't go away.

Astonishing Member

Yeah . . . that was a crappy ending.
    My head canon is that the ending of BRSS was just Mephisto messing with his mind as revenge for backing out of their deal. It feels like the most logical answer, considering that Spider-Geddon totally ignored it.